Thread: Alvin/Dodga pt 1

Alvin/Dodga pt 1

This is soooo dull, if you dont have a yalm to get to TIR county and kill the a-1000 (maybe a-5000) bots then this is extremly boring, people spend up to 9 hours just mindlessly killing waste collectors (a low levels) or mech dogs, i cant stand doing this first part, its not a quest its just torture. A lot of people dont even get to the second part because they are so bored, which is sad really beacause the second part is very intersting and actually feels like a quest rather than hunting with no xp. I dont know how you can fix this, I'd like to have it so that you get a different part from different robots, so you have to kill all sorts of robots to get all the parts (maybe with a 5% chance of getting a part from each one) then the quest would be much more interesting because you'd have to travel around to find each type of new robot and everyone at level 30 can kill all the different types of robot there are (i remeber fighting robots in my first ever ql 2 mission).

Or maybe just make less parts, which is a little dull but its got to be better than 2-9 hours of mindlessly killing things in one shot/stab.

*yawns*
    Attacking Waste Colector...
    You hit Waste Collector for 246 points of poison damage
    You received 1 xp
    You can loot these remains

<repeat ad infinitum>

Begins to know this by heart. Some more diversity would indeed be more interesting.

*bump*
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

you can get the parts from a lot of places, the bots around the trashking spawn drop very frequently, Tir you mentioned, if you are sick of dogs, go to lush resort, you can kill either the bucket-heads, the gladiator bot type Pod or the slayers for quest parts if you are bored with grey mobs.

Other spots, the mine in TLR, the ninjas in PM, the a-1000s and a-4000s in clon**** and SFH. The slayers in EFP if you are ambitious, but be careful those monkies bite. The numerous bucket heads around wartorn valley, the helpers and bucket heads in newland near GJ... I can think of a ton more.

People kill the dogs and the waste collectors because there are a lot of them and they don't put up a fight, but sadly since they are the easiest mobs you can fight, they infrequently drop. I find a lot of omni players very lazy. Getting to Tir at any level over 25 is a cake walk even without a yalm, you can just walk there from newland or you could go to the trashking spawn in Cobal Sands. And yes I am an Omni player.
    Last edited by Real Kinky Ityn; Aug 30th, 2002 at 18:58:02.

aye i know about all the other places, which have mobs that are more spread out and harder to kill, the bots up in tir county north of bot mountain are the best IMO (and for my level) but to do those you really need a yalm and to be around level 70 , but unless you can solo slayerdroids the quest is still going to be very very dull (killing near tk spawn is a little dangerous, you can often get aggrod for attacking one of them when the trashking is around).

The buzz saws, junk bots and bucket heads are green around level 30 at Bot Mountain. I don't know why you would need to be 70 to hit that spot. A plane helps because at level 30 if you are omni you can't grid into tir and make it out alive, and the walk from varmint is a hump, not to mention the sandworms and the anons around the varmint/GTC zone. It can be done. I don't know why it should be easy.

Personally, I went to the Cobal Sands camp, that seems to have the fastest drop by far, slower spawn then bot mountain but higher concentration per meter. yes the lacky and the king can wax you if you agg them but hey it's a short walk from trade to the WA grid to cobal sands. Took me about 2 hours to get all the -parts there for part 1.

And yes soloing Slayers is fun, and they make good pets!

Ityn
    166 Omni crat.

yeah the bucket heads and stuff are level 30, so are the dogs, but 2 hours is a lot of dull hutning :/, the bots i were talking about are on the northen wall near the zone border and they drop parts quite often (they are level 65ish but they are the a-1000 style bots which makes them harder)