Thread: A Fixer in over her head?

Talking A Fixer in over her head?

Okay, I may very well be in over my head, but the credits have been spent, the space built and the time invested, so there's no turning back now. There's only two things that can happen, a success or a horrible failure. I'll keep my bet secret for now.

Anyway, I'd like to announce the pre-opening of The Neon Zebra Social Club, a club only accessible through the Grid . It's not wholly finished yet, so we'll be having the grand opening in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, please drop by, have a drink, meet some friends and let us know what you think of what we are trying to do. Oh, and we are twenty-four hours, so anytime is a good time.
    Tuxx - Grid Freak and Closed System Poison Pill, Black Sheep of SRS and Proprietor of The Neon Zebra
    Domu - Lotus on Water, Member of House SRS
    Neon Zebra: A gathering place for the roleplaying community.

A club I havn't visited? Please tell me more!!!

/Ghump
    Ghump - a member of Ragnarok

My hovercraft is full of eels

I'd be happy to, Ghump

Tne Neon Zebra Social Club is, as the name suggestions, I place for people to come and socialize. We have five main rooms:
    • Zebra Lounge: Our main room will people are encouraged to have a drink, chat and sahre stories or adventures form their day.
    • Lion's Pride: A place for those who are seeking to join an organization, or guild, and for those seeking new members. We encourage people to use the space to meet, greet and get to know each other.
    • Tiger's Den: This room is for the adventurer, both seasoned and new. Rather you are looking for a group to take down some cyborgs or for a massive campaign against whoever (Clan, Omni, etc.), this room is for you. Chat, plan and recruitment is encourage here.
    • The Fox Hole: This space is for the merchants of Rubi-Ka to announce auctions, advertise their services and ask for help or advice from fellow merchants and trades-people.
    • Honey Comb Lounge: For the romantic and lonely alike, this room is to meet your future love or future ex. This is the singles room, where we encourage girls and guys, and even Atrox, to mingle, chat and put on the charm.

For each registered member you gain access to private messaging, event posting on our calender and a private notepad to keep track of whatever you like.

We also provide, within our entrance kiosk, customized advertising for merchants and organizations, our ever growing Grid directory, and access to the wonderful sounds of Gridstream Productions (not affiliated with the club). Although we are not an exclusive club, we do keep a good watch for any trouble makers that might show up.

We hope to provide all you social butterflies a safe and relaxing space to enjoy and expand your experience of life on Rubi-ka.
    Tuxx - Grid Freak and Closed System Poison Pill, Black Sheep of SRS and Proprietor of The Neon Zebra

A site administerd by...

One of our Miss Rubi-ka contestants if I'm not mistaken.

/em waves hello to Domu

Thumbs up

Nice Site.. will be visiting that place often!!!!!!

Sorry, just bumping again for anyone new

Another, bump... sorry, but I really want people to find the site

A little bump before the weekend

*looks at all the bumps from herself* Okay, I'll stop, sorry.

bump It really is a nice site
    ~Have you hugged your leet today?~

F̶u̶n̶c̶o̶m̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶e̶n̶s̶ ̶:̶)̶
    Thanks for "fixing" DM, Funcom, yeah, no really... thank you so, so much. I was missing having my toolset put back to 2007.

Cool

Bump. I hope you'll get a fair share of regulars Domu.

-Heksa
    Last edited by Heksa; Jul 29th, 2002 at 13:52:39.
    Heksa - Former Assignments Coordinator of Inter-Act & member of South RubiKa Society
    k_heksa@yahoo.co.uk

Bump, so that you don't have to do it yourself again

I'll surely post a little bit, though I'm already part of so many forums that I may not be as regular as I'd wish...

/me sighs

Ah, well...
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Speaking of Forums

A plug for a forum that serves the RP community run by my dear friend Tuxx.

Neon-Zebra!
    woot

*shakes Stormrazer's arm excitedly*

Edwin, look, a new club!

KB

Cool Whoo Hoo!

Yes! Everyone come and visit! Tuxx does a great job on the site. I go there at least 3-4 times a week to check it out. I keep forgetting I DO need to register there.....*kicks himself & makes mental note*

Keep up the great work Tuxx!

Shadowrunrr
    Board Member & DJ wrangler
    >Mikal 'Shadowrunrr' Catt - Email: shadowrunrr
    >RK1ROX - Radio Free Rubi-ka - Pirate Radio for the People

Tuxx if you have the webspace can I make your site the official place to get StinkiPete's Stink shows? The last one was 50 MB

I'm terribly sorry, StinkiPete, I simply don't have the available bandwidth (or file transfer allowance) to support file downloads that big.

The potential number of downloads that it could have would leave too little, if any, available for the regular visits and I cannot afford the substancial increased cost of the bandwidth that could, potentually, be needed. If I could I would

I would recommend, if you would like to get a host of your own, a company called Media 3. They have fairly good rates and offer unmetered monthly traffic on their higher end accounts, which would give you space for your files. I have heard fairly decent things about them although I have no experience with them directly (so you might want to research other hosts).

Hope that helps some, I only wish I could

Just wanted to let visitors know that th Zebra is down right now due to some clerical problems but it will be back up as soon as I clear all that up. I apologize for any problems or inconvience this may cause for anyone.

*edit* Okay, all fixed the Zebra back up
    Last edited by Tuxx; Aug 31st, 2002 at 17:16:32.