Thread: Does the emotional sponge from the steps of madness work like a repressor?

Does the emotional sponge from the steps of madness work like a repressor?

Hi,

Does the emotional sponge from the steps of madness work like a repressor? Or does it have some other, more cryptic, use?

Trying to work out whether to raise my psychology or not.

Thanks.
    "When you tread the path of the demon make sure you follow it to the end."

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=152031&t=ag

'Cryptic' is an understatement.

Wtf doz it do d00d ?

Sounds almost like it's just he opposite if a aggro device. Maybe something a Doc should have to get mobs off him in a team mission.

When I ramp up my psychology skill to wear MK2 in the next few days I will go find me one of these and post test results here

I don't have very high hopes, though, because it looks like a low level item and it might not have much effect on higher level mobs, or possibly won't have much effect compared to my much-higher-level-than-the-item aggro generation capability.

Maybe someone canget one to test at around level 50ish (SoM target level if I recall rightly). You can always IPR the psychology if it doesn't work, or if it stops working later in the game
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AOD...sp?AOID=152031

Gets useless after a while because of the Psychology check.

But it wipes the hate list on the mob.

Hmm, so I'm lvl 110, its probably not likely to do anything.

Oh well, one for my bag of curiosities.

Shame, cause I'm a doc which is why i went to the steps to get it.
    "When you tread the path of the demon make sure you follow it to the end."

Hi guys,

I got the sponge a few days ago, and wondering what it did I raised my psycology to use it.
    As someone else stated all it does is calm the target, but as I am lvl 154 it is not much use to me due to the check it makes on the target.

Fellowman