Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are bureaucrats the least played profession?

Considering the previous two posts, why, then, is the levelling Trader population consistently low?

Maybe we need some new classes, seems there was some explosion of fixers and some contraction in traders, no surprise really, since the trader was the flavor of the day PVP class for a while, and when a new flavor comes out, all the FOD players re-roll.

Bag Lady or Transient, creates some interesting visions of a potential new class. area effect stink nanos that repel, another CC class really, some PVP nanos that let them mooch CR in the right gas zones.

Orthadox Rabbi, again there is potential here, don't passover this one. Nukes meet heals, and phrases like Oy vey, eat my gafaltzafish.

DJ, because eveyone wants to be a DJ.

Well, if you look at the chart of percent of players that level each week, over the past number of weeks, there's a consistency in the pattern. Flavor of the month for over seven months ago don't show, but the more recent ones do.

When there's that type of consistency, given the number of alts rolled, new people joining, old people leaving, it really is indicative of what people think is worth spending their time playing.

Arrow

Please,

don't give ppl the idea that crat is cool. I like crat for all the above and also because we are so few that i found myself somewhat unique/wanted.

And yes Traders and NTs can calm but compare the nano programs : Crat have lowest resist and lowest recharge (cast time don't count because of the ability to insta cast once you can equip a recompiler).

I like the fact that crat is the lowest played prof of the game, and every level i feel a bit more unique since i go higher in the charts ..

G.

Lol you have a good point there, when I do a LFT in newland, it never takes me anytime at all to find a team. Then again at 166 75% of the players seem to be soldiers MAs or enforcers, with a few docs, traders and the stratified meta or agent.

Crats are a SUCKY class that is why nobody plays them. Please let me save you all some time and CR re-rolling a worthless POS class like a crat, we need more MAs, soldiers and enforcer, roll em up and level em up, but please take my sage advice and stay away from a crat, waste of your time if you ask me.

Talking lol

Everyones enititled to an opinion Ityn.

But don't forget...this game is changing all the time...who knows what radical changes the future will bring.....ya may find yourself shouting "Team lvl 160++ LFM...crat, doc and fixer would be nice!!!"

lol
    Altared (aka Alteredstate)

------
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

If You Can’t Dazzle Them With Brilliance, Riddle Them With Bullets.
    ------

me, as a crat

I got primary as soldier, my first char.
    then I got NT, bored that one at level 24, only nuke, nuke, nuke, nuke (no autonuking, just hit same macro again and again). No way to pass level 100 if u dont have nullity.

Then I saw crat. Loved that one instantly. Made necessary eq with my soldier.
    Quite easy to find group (not much other crats).

For me, crat is much much more comfortable and interesting to play as my soldier (tab+q+alpha). At team, Im a puller, calmer, rooter and last one I still nuke (with MP masterys Im sometimes able to pull aggro from our enforcers and MA's...)

As Ashuras pointed, when old players makes secondary, they search advantages. I didnt. I like to play for fun. Im not planning to play eather of my char at lvl200.

And do you know what is most satisfactoring. You get log in and get tells to come to party =) I love it.
    2c
    Lyijy Engineer
    Zernia2 Ancarim Iron Legion Enforcer

Crat was actually my first character.
    She's still my main, and I love playing her.
    Though I did have an advantage in that I had a husband who was willing to show me how to make macro's and scripts, and give me a few pointers.
    Crat will always be my favorite.
    "Ph43r me! For I am...Darth Sp00n." --my bot belonging to my main character Ruleth.
    Ruleth: Omni-tek aligned 'crat.
    Releuth: Clan aligned MP. (Ruleth's twin sister.)
    RuthieChan: Omni-tek aligned MA.
    Leetaschan: Omni-tek aligned Adventerer.
    And last but not least; Depravedgirl: The neutral aligned Atrox Enforcer who thinks she's a girl, and speaks in falsetto only.

Re: lol

Originally posted by Alteredstate
    Everyones enititled to an opinion Ityn.

But don't forget...this game is changing all the time...who knows what radical changes the future will bring.....ya may find yourself shouting "Team lvl 160++ LFM...crat, doc and fixer would be nice!!!"

lol
    Hehe I AM a 166 crat today, maybe 168 tomorrow =] was making a funny. IMO it's the best class in the game, a few annoying but not too serious bugs, crit debuff speeches break calms and PVP grace if you are griding in, single target calms are borked but you can work with them once you get the hang of it. It is by far the best PVM class in the game and has substantial PVP potential at low and high levels but a bit weak in the middle.

I was just being funny and echoing the poster before me, giving doc benway a bit of my mugwump jisim, I haven't had as much fun with any other class and have played NTs above 150, soldiers above 130, and many other classes as well to 100. Crat is the RoK+tax.

I am happy there aren't too many of them, but I just did a re-roll, and low and behold, tons of leedle crats everywhere! Doesn't eveyone know a soldier love patch is coming! Roll the soldaz!
    Last edited by Real Kinky Ityn; Aug 30th, 2002 at 01:24:37.

lol, I plan on having fun with my new aatrox crat. I love pets, I love nanos, I love the fact that I can still go melee and not be punished by it, I love to root, and I love to calm. Ever since my NT got Bewilder I've been loving the fact that I can almost completely control every single battle. With crats, you get charm nanos, I cannot wait to get those! I am gonna love my crat, I know it, expecially when he starts to duel weild parry sticks and tank for the teams, WEE!

That's going to be a challenge!
    Nifty cool!
    "Ph43r me! For I am...Darth Sp00n." --my bot belonging to my main character Ruleth.
    Ruleth: Omni-tek aligned 'crat.
    Releuth: Clan aligned MP. (Ruleth's twin sister.)
    RuthieChan: Omni-tek aligned MA.
    Leetaschan: Omni-tek aligned Adventerer.
    And last but not least; Depravedgirl: The neutral aligned Atrox Enforcer who thinks she's a girl, and speaks in falsetto only.

Its not easy as a crat, you need to have your pet with you all the time and most nanomage crats can only take around 5 shots from the mobs they fight which means if they get attacked they are wasted (so if your running through a forest its pretty nasty). Also a lot of people stop playing crat at level 50-60, by then they have got over the novelty of charming monsters and are sick of death. My crat was soloing chaos minions at level 47, But now hes at level 78 or something and he can still solo them but its just as dangerous as regards getting attacked whereas my soldier could solo a chaos minion till level 74 but it was much easier with no risk of dieing. Also at later levels the skill range between the nanos is very large and it can get dull if you use the same nano and pet for 10 levels.

The motivational speeches which crats can get are also rarely seen in the shopping channel and that kind of thing which is unfair because crats at level 60-90 can struggle with missions (nanomage). If the ninja droids were easier to get at lower levels it may be more interesting but their not so crats dont really see anything to work towards other than a slightly harder bot and a new nuke 20 levels away :/

Oh and the reason there arent many llower level ones i because a lot of people dont realise how much a crat can actually do, they have bots,can mezz,cancharm,can root, can slow, can nuke and not a lot of people realise, have 3 pets at the same time.
    Last edited by Whiteboog; Aug 30th, 2002 at 13:17:13.

???? I was calming missions for my nanos, speeches and all, since level 15. I had every crat nano in the game by 112. I never bought one nano. Why are you shopping for your nanos sir? Do you not know the best store on RK is the mission terminal?

Talking Ityn is spot on

Gotta agree with Ityn.

Calming missions is the best way to get gear (and cash).

Unlike blitzing, calming means you can take your time, empty every chest, kill the mobs that your able to and finish the mission for the reward.

If you really need cash just calm for full sets of armour or mission only nanos and sell them to other players.

Crats are the best profession on my opinion (and I've tried them all).....so if you have a problem shout out....crats are a friendly bunch of people. If we can help we will.
    Altared (aka Alteredstate)

------
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

If You Can’t Dazzle Them With Brilliance, Riddle Them With Bullets.
    ------

Depends what level and how your crat is geared up, my crat sadly was made strictly for pvm in hunting aareas (nanomage,low hp,no gun) all that kidna thing, so even though calming missions is an option its still a little dangerous because they can kill me real fast. (not anymore but it used to be like that)

Re: Flavor of the month exceeds 30 days!

Originally posted by Ralgur
    Seems they struggle in solo combat early on.
    Depends on how you mean by "struggle" and "early on".

My RK1 L28 crat began soloing SW Pipe at L17. SW Mine at 21. Not a problem. Self-buffed and self-implanted.

My L84 RK2 crat can solo to 100% completion L126 missions (90%), and has successfully mezzed many missions all the way up through L173. (L150 is a 100% full-hard roll for me; someone else has to roll higher ones for me).

I do agree that the crat is more complex than at least the other profession I am familiar with, the Fixer. Can't speak for other professions; but it might be a harder class to play on average. It's certainly not a simple "press Q and watch" class. That is for sure. And one of the big rason I enjoy it so much. It keeps my heavily involved in the action, and successfully doing that seems to be rewarded with the ability to solo wonderfully.

I do think it is an expensive profession, and would not recommend it for a first character.

Cheers,
    Martek

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12