Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **The Perfect PVP System.**

Good idea but needs some refinement.

Take away the 0/25/75% zones in regard to Player Character vs. Player Character (PvP). These percentage zones would only affect Player Characters vs. Rubi-Ka mobs (PvM).

"Aggressive players CAN NOT team with non-Aggressive players."

Absolutely

"First off XP Pinkies would only drop as the result of combat between two Aggressive players and pinkies would be no-drop of course. Pinkies will only be dropped if you kill a player that is at an equal or higher level than you."

"Level ranges will still be in effect, but as I mentioned before you get nothing for killing someone lower than you. But to couple with this, you will also get something taken away from you [That is if you’re the one who started combat with the lower player. If a lower player based on the existing scale, comes after you… Then you will still get nothing, but you can kill him penalty free."

I could see six level 50 players attacks/ is attacked by a single level 55 character. If the level 55 survived, he would receive (or maybe lose) xp? Make a character able to receive xp if the opponent is within his grouping range. Or, just like in PvM, you receive xp if the opponent is a "green" but none if they are "gray".

**EDIT 2: Thank you Qui, I forgot to add this to original post. You can only get a pinky from a single person once. Once you get that Pinky a 24 hour timer is set. If you kill him again in 24 hours, no Pinky will result. You would have to have some serious patients to exploit with that in effect lol.

Timer needs to be longer than 24 hours. For example, three separate characters with seven characters per server to could farm fourteen pinkies per day. Would like to see the timer set to 7 x 24 = 168 hours. Or maybe you could only get one pinky from the character per level.

Honbo

i havent read the entire thread but the aggresion terminals seem one of the best ideas yet, or maybe you could choose yur aggresion when you firt create a char and then use forms similar to those used to change faction. As for getting xp in fights you should just get xp pinkys but when you click them they give you xp, (a fair amount for your level) and you can only get an xp pinky from one person in one day

Ok Quindillar in response to your question....

The penalty that the level 30 person would get for attacking and killing the level 29 person would be almost non-existent. The level 30 has no reason to worry about it, just start wailing on the other guy! But if the level 30 went after a level 20, then the penalty would be something to think about.

As for the comment from the NT who replied to this thread...

NT's need a patch

** And as always, not all the number and rules in my concept are laid in stone. HUGE play testing would have to go into something like this to find the perfect time balances etc. etc.

70% of the times and limitations that I said were for example purposes. **

EDIT: Hondo, I like the idea of using the color range as a means of getting a pinky. This is certainly an option.

And the little farming situation you played out would not be a problem. The XP that you get from the pinky [equal to a boss mob of the same level] would not be enough to profit from such actions. You would be able to earn MUCH more in a good group doing nice hard team missions or outdoor hunting [14.5]

If a team of six lvl 50's jumped a level 55, the single person in the group that delt the most damage to the target would get teh pinky. As for the level 55, that is the price you pay for wondering around in dangerous areas alone.

PvP rewards are not meant as a suptitute for PvM, nor should they be.
    Last edited by Tieku; Aug 24th, 2002 at 16:03:39.

I read in both your first post and your reply that the penalty to a lvl 30 for killing a lvl 29 would be small or "non exsistent". My point is that there should be a certain lvl range, small but still, a lvl range that u can kill without getting a penalty. I agree that u shouldn't get the xp pinky, but u shouldn't get a penalty either since a lvl 30 attacking a lvl 29 is a fair fight (usually :P).

At higher lvls this lvl range would extend somewhat. The difference between a 180 & 185 char is as good as nothing, i would even say that a 185 attacking a 175 is a fair fight and shouldn't get a penalty for it, but he wouldn't get a reward either.

I understand your concept of the penalty increasing with the lvl gap, but there should be some possibileties for fighting within your lvl range.
    RK1:
    Quindillar 202 Sol
    Chaver 206 MA
    Couladjinn 172 NT
    Quinjr 152 Trader
    Hardforce 150 Enf

Legion

Originally posted by Quindillar
    I agree that u shouldn't get the xp pinky, but u shouldn't get a penalty either since a lvl 30 attacking a lvl 29 is a fair fight (usually :P).
    Yeah, a lvl 29 might as well own the lvl 30 guy. Xp penalty for twinkies!! Mwaha!

Update: Happy now?
    Last edited by Joramon; Aug 27th, 2002 at 20:00:41.
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    ---------------------------------------------
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.
    ---------------------------------------------

Lol Joramon, why did u post your reply/comment inside the quote box? Kinda hard to see that u posted anything.

edit:
    Originally posted by Joramon

Update: Happy now?
    Very
    Last edited by Quindillar; Aug 29th, 2002 at 14:41:19.
    RK1:
    Quindillar 202 Sol
    Chaver 206 MA
    Couladjinn 172 NT
    Quinjr 152 Trader
    Hardforce 150 Enf

Legion

Arrow Some other ideas...

PvP - here's what needs done. Make most of the map 75%. The only 50% areas (yes, I'll explain in a moment) would be around controlled areas (where a guild has a booster pack control tower), or in special areas like camelot or the equivalent (some of the new ultra-high level boss camps maybe?).

In 50% areas, only PvP in teams would be permitted, so you could only initiate an attack or have an attack initiated against you if you are in a team (note, once you are being attacked, dropping out of the team won't help you much, at best it would just prevent anyone else joining in).

In 25% areas, solo PvP is allowed (mainly just for arenas). This could be extended so that you could only fight people in the *same* team as you, making arenas fully consensual and reducing ganking - a mechanism that restricted teams to two members in arenas would pretty much eliminate ganking.

In the rare 0% areas, it would still be as now, anything goes.

PvP should have level limits within which you can initiate an attack on a target. A lower limit of 10% below a solo PvP'ers level or a team PvP's average level, no upper limit, and *maybe* free for all over 150 or so (either solo level or team average level). Again, this only applies for initiating combat.

Do all that, add in the booster pack, and griefing is reduced significantly, PvP becomes more team oriented as intended, but solo PvP would still be possible in some areas.

I do like the ideas in the original post, but suspect that some of them would involve fairly significant changes to the code base and hence be pretty unlikely...

Good Idea

A good foundation, a little work, a little elbow grease...Good job.

B
    U
    M
    P
    -Laytonne
    General - Angels of Retribution

Contact me anytime

Not too sure about what darkbane says but the rest is brilliant, although darkbane the idea of only been able to fight team members in 0% zones (arenas) would be a brilliant way to eliminate ganking for people who just want to fight for sport. aso for ganking out in the 50% zones it serves you right for wondering off alone.

Also even for the people who are set to aggresive there should still be the occasional 100% area where they can rest and buy and stuff, prehaps the main town of each area (trade,tir and newland). Oh and im not sure if you mentioned it but neutras should be able to attack with the excuse that they are criminals just after money and loot.

Bump - Cosmik/Cz these ideas are definitely worth passing on.

Whiteboog - the idea is to encourage team PvP whilst still allowing 1-on-1 for those that want to do it, and to reduce ganking. 1-on-1 PvP is never going to be balanced, it is a waste of time and effort trying to make it so, and to be honest, it shouldn't be anyway. Team based PvP should hopefully also be more tactical.

Great replies guyz - keep it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12