Thread: old items compared to new items - this isn't good as it is now :(

Unhappy old items compared to new items - this isn't good as it is now :(

Ok Funcom give us great new armor, weapons etc. next time but the bad thins is they change not the old items. I mean you improved the normal tank armor ok - good thing. You gave us a Albrecht Tank Armor ok good thing too. You gave us now new very good armor, rings, weapons - very good thing. But pls change the old items too!

As a example compare a Ion Web Cloak with a Heavily Padded Overcoat. Or compare it with some new armor parts in 14.5. I mean you know how difficult it is to get a Heavily Padded Overcoat or some Dragonflesh parts. Armor like this should be much better as other armor.

Oh and I don't hope but I think this will be the fact, that the new items and armors etc in 14.5 will be as hard to get as dragonflesh etc. I hope they will be boss drop and not a 1 drop each 100000000 mio bosses we kill like a ga4 etc.

Make them easier to get and increase the stats of the old and hard to get items like dragonflesh, ga4, overcoat etc.

Please Funcom you increased tank armor too why didn't you increase the special und unique armor too? Don't make them useless near future.

Actually, they are hopefully fixing one of their biggest mistakes. The Padded Overcoat and Dragon Armor are _ok_ but should never have been extremely powerful.

They should look as cool as hell and identify those 'oh so leet' people who manage to slay the all powerful dragon. But, they should not be so powerful as to create a class seperation from those who find what those 60 people do every 18 hours to be highly exclusionary or distasteful.

Got your Dragon Armor? Yeah, you look cool. Seriously. But, let's not imbalance the game for the sake of a playfield that can handle only 60 people and is run by cliques that exclude 99.9 percent of the playerbase.

Things that should be in the T loot:

- Ticket to get your Yalm painted red or black.
    - Plastic surgery gift certificate to get a head model not available in the startup room
    - Warp device to playfield (or Club) not accessible to most
    - Yellow tank armor
    - Burst of Speed stims with 2000 Runspeed boost
    - Bracers if Growing Flesh 115% Title Level 4/5

Things that should NOT be n the T loot:

- Items that give you anymore than 2 or 3 points in nanoskill
    - Armor that is _easily_ identified as the best in the game
    - Items whose effects can not be gotten anywhere else in the game by any other playstyle

By all means, I feel that the loot from the PvP dungeon ought to be unique. But, the fact that that cesspool can only handle 60 players at a time tied in to the fact that at MOST 10% of the playerbase is interested in direct PvP competition for loot basically makes it clear that what you get there should be 'interesting', 'unique', whatever. Just not overpowering (like it used to be).

If they took ALL the loot off the dragon would people still go there? Of course they would. Would they still brag over who got the kill this morning. Of course they would. Would the lag drop. Yep. Would all the pissing and moaning about ninja looters and 'rules' disappear? Guaranteed.

I just hope this isn't a mistake and that FunCom finally realizes that there's another 99.8% of the playerbase who needs to be catered to in addition to the four dozen people who get to play cowboys and indians squabbling over a stupid lizard that thousands upon thousands of people will never even see before they eventually hit the 'cancel' button.

Id like to thank funcom

I would like to thank funcom for attempting to level the playing field with new items that out perform the old in many case's. I think its great that the normal average player has a chance to be as well off as the people like me who play this game WAY WAY to much, ( and yes, I have all the uber items for the most part ) Please make even MORE items that are better then the old stuff I camped for a long time. Im GLAD that the heavily padded overcoat is considerd obsolete now. Im GLAD that there are things that give a boost to the average player. No more " I camped for 30 hours so now im better than you" crap.
    Way to go funcom! I applaud you!!!

btw, i have a prf jones vest, shades of lucu, nelebs robe, TIM scope, Virall Egg. ALL of wich will soon have equivlants..
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    Actually, they are hopefully fixing one of their biggest mistakes. The Padded Overcoat and Dragon Armor are _ok_ but should never have been extremely powerful.

They should look as cool as hell and identify those 'oh so leet' people who manage to slay the all powerful dragon. But, they should not be so powerful as to create a class seperation from those who find what those 60 people do every 18 hours to be highly exclusionary or distasteful.

Got your Dragon Armor? Yeah, you look cool. Seriously. But, let's not imbalance the game for the sake of a playfield that can handle only 60 people and is run by cliques that exclude 99.9 percent of the playerbase.

Things that should be in the T loot:

- Ticket to get your Yalm painted red or black.
    - Plastic surgery gift certificate to get a head model not available in the startup room
    - Warp device to playfield (or Club) not accessible to most
    - Yellow tank armor
    - Burst of Speed stims with 2000 Runspeed boost
    - Bracers if Growing Flesh 115% Title Level 4/5

Things that should NOT be n the T loot:

- Items that give you anymore than 2 or 3 points in nanoskill
    - Armor that is _easily_ identified as the best in the game
    - Items whose effects can not be gotten anywhere else in the game by any other playstyle

By all means, I feel that the loot from the PvP dungeon ought to be unique. But, the fact that that cesspool can only handle 60 players at a time tied in to the fact that at MOST 10% of the playerbase is interested in direct PvP competition for loot basically makes it clear that what you get there should be 'interesting', 'unique', whatever. Just not overpowering (like it used to be).

If they took ALL the loot off the dragon would people still go there? Of course they would. Would they still brag over who got the kill this morning. Of course they would. Would the lag drop. Yep. Would all the pissing and moaning about ninja looters and 'rules' disappear? Guaranteed.

I just hope this isn't a mistake and that FunCom finally realizes that there's another 99.8% of the playerbase who needs to be catered to in addition to the four dozen people who get to play cowboys and indians squabbling over a stupid lizard that thousands upon thousands of people will never even see before they eventually hit the 'cancel' button.

I 100% and wholeheartedly agree with bionitrous!

most people never get to see these uber mobs or ever get to partake in killing them...

Last time I went to tarasque I was told I had to be sponsored by a guild I wasn't in if I wanted a chance for loot....

There should never be unbalancing items that aren't obtainable by the general public. Yes there should be really cool items, but not one that makes 90% of the playerbase unable to PvP or unable to play.
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

Exclamation

Everything except the dragon body isn't even all that great. Check the stats, adding to things like riposte and swimming without even the same ACs of ql200 armor isn't uber by any means. Balanced acs is nice, but 19 out of 20 pvm hits are melee, projectile or chemical.

Also, if anyone but MA users or traders wear it, they are very vulnerable to debuffs (0% effective easy for traders to do) unless they spend a good chunk of IP in a skill that otherwise has no use for them.

Its more twink armor for 100-140 than anything, when you hit 146 decranums beats the rest easily, and So8 is almost as easy to get as regular armor, its great stuff when you meet the requirements.

Dragon looks nice though imho. I do wish the circlet had some kind of graphic, or looked like kataras instead.

Padded coat might as well be social armor
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Arrow

Well, I don't always agree with Bionitrous, but this time...

Loot from such mobs should be unique, unusual, something to brag about, but not the uberest items in the game. They *can* be better than most, just not by much.

Hmm I agree to some of your points but also I think if you have the luck and if you invest much time to get those items for example dragon or padded overcoat, and you need both to get them luck and much time - you should have a armor worth the effort you spend for it. Don't missunderstand me - I got a padded overcoat yesterday and hey I'm really happy and proud to wear to wear this great coat now. I will never put them off and wear my old good albrecht again!. All I want to say is make them not uber thats right but don't make them inferior to normal armor or easier to get armor.

IMO the only unbalancing thing dropping from tara is the gaily hood. unbalancing because it is NODROP, hence makes it even rarer, you have to be there or you cant have it. For healing classes/nano classes it does give a big edge over those who don't have it. I agree, nice to see some items, like that green armor that sort of gives something to those who can't get a shot at the gaily hood. However I don't think they should stop letting tara drop what it drops. Eventually those who seek an item will get it. As for saying "thousands never go to tara" It used to be only a very few who went there, now every 130+ and their uncle seem to show up hoping for loot. So chances are much better you can obtain some loot.

Bio, usually you spew venom and I want to smack you.

But this time, I couldn't agree with you more.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

My first BUMP ever for this post !

I want a black Yalmaha. In fact I want one more than the Dragon Body

I actually like that the new items are better or as good as things like dragonflesh armor or MKII. First MKII is still the best armor in the game, and dragonflesh is the best looking armor in the game, but there is no reason why the best stuff in the game should require dilligent camping. In fact, I think it's a great idea to make tradeskill items the best in the game, such as the notum saturated meta-plast, DF armor, Carbonum, and whatever is coming next.

If you want to mark yourself a dilligent and skillfull camper you have the visually distinct armor, but some of us want to PVP and not want to camp junk for 3 weeks or 3 months as the case may be. I don't think dilligent campers need a special edge, they just need to have something that says visually "Hi, I'm a potent camper". And whatever you are given from that camping should be as good as anything that can be made or found in a non-camping situation but not vastly better.