Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this all PVP has to offer??!!

Re: Re: Is this all PVP has to offer??!!

Originally posted by Nothinman

http://members.shaw.ca/mike81/master.jpg

Leave Raistlin Majeare out of this.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Raistlin probably still lives on Britannia(UO) ... all 7000 of them.

... one good thing about unique names in AO
    schma

:: schma ran out of cookies on the 4th of march, 2003 ::
    :: Hitched a ride back with the aliens ::

Re: High level?!!

Originally posted by Captain's Punk
    I want 55-95 there!

75-95 are ruled out because they're dead meat within 2 seconds. As for the lower ones... I frequently see some hang out, but maybe not in great hordes.

Originally posted by illphil

The game CANNOT EVER BE 100% BALANCED FOR FIGHTING. Certain classes are always going to have others pros and cons vs other classes. If the game were completely balanced so that every class had an equal chance to win a fight, the game would be boring as hell..

People are already complaing in swg about pvp balance throughout the classes. IMO, a damn hairdressor, or entertainer, should not be able to kick the crap out of a jedi, or a wookie. Same goes for AO folks, an engineer should not be able to own everyone in pvp, yet engies still whine and say it's unfair when they get their but whooped by a soldier in 2ho or somethin.

Total balance means 100% equality, and that = a very dull ass game.

PS: Oh, and LMAO! at that post nothinman, funny ass pic.

i understand that.

but you would think that a soldier...an individual who is trained in the arts of warfare and has taken the job so seriously that he has actually become a soldier as a profession would be able to defeat a trader, who by definition is a merchant.

right now, i think there are only a few professions that are functioning as intended....i think fixers are fixed (finally), i think traders are fixed (regardless of the health nerf), i think Metas are functioning properly...and doctors....and maybe NTs (but don't ask an NT).

but i think there are a lot of professions that still aren't working as intended. that's what i mean by balance.

i understand that all professions cannot be equal. the very best doctor should probably lose to the very best soldier. but that isn't the case in AO. you'll get a doctor with a ql200 nova and ql200 armor versus a soldier with a ql200 nova and ql armor, and i think the doctor would win simply because of the heals.

i don't think a soldier should lose to a doctor on an even playing field. (this is just one example).

so when i mean "balance" i don't mean everyone equal. i mean everyone functioning as intended. i mean that simply because a player doesn't choose to twink out, doesn't automatically preclude the player from a pvp battle.

of course, there are always going to be people who try and get the best of the best in order to out-do everyone else. but maybe if the playing field was a bit more even when comparing the twinks and non-twinks, pvp in ao would be a bit more active.

that's all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12