Thread: Encumberance

Encumberance

I think FC should implament Encumberance (im a horrible speller) it would make a use to carrier crafts (coming home from a long day of hunting, hauling a$$ in a huge carrier craft with an extra 400 str). poor nano mages would be frail, and only able to carry a few things, but us trox could carry truckloads! it just adds more to the system, and i think it might end up being nice.

I really miss the days when Strength and Stamina meant something and there was some intelligence required when outfitting yourself to set out on a hunt.

Sure, it was buggy. But, it made sense. I carry 6 refrigerators full of hand grenades in my pocket now. That's not right.

Wink

Not right but fun. Definitly fun.
    "My dear boy we are actors. Actors are the opposite of people."

-----First Player, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Another problem that failing to re-enable encumbrance has led to is an abundance of IP's too early in many character's career. There are quite a few characters of high level who only have '3' in Strength. They should barely be able to get out of bed and yet they are completely unhindered by this deficiency.

This leads to having free IP's that should be put towards at least carrying what is in your pack and dragging your bloody roller entrails home and your broken robot parts. Instead it goes to skills that while aiding the 'weaker' professions don't make sense when you look at their body structure.

I have to laugh evertime I see an NT or Bureaucrat with '3' Strength holding an Assault Rifle like it was a feather.

Sometimes I wish they'd tell us where Tommy Strand and Martin Amor went to and why they gave the reigns of the game to someone who don't care or has no enlightenment.

Re: Encumberance

Originally posted by Kahr
    I think FC should implament Encumberance (im a horrible speller) it would make a use to carrier crafts (coming home from a long day of hunting, hauling a$$ in a huge carrier craft with an extra 400 str). poor nano mages would be frail, and only able to carry a few things, but us trox could carry truckloads! it just adds more to the system, and i think it might end up being nice.
    If this had worked I had to finally organize my inventory once and for all. I say bring it on.
    I AM Kantarell I AM Mbutu
    Techno-Wizard is the most fun to play!

There's a reason that the Summon Ammo line was once thought to be useful by FunCom.

They should have just kept encumbrance in and not tried to fix backpacks reducing the weight of what was inside. Just add up everything you were carrying on you and call it a day.

It really would have added a lot more flavor to the game.

At least something ought to be re-introduced. Even if it is trivial, it would add some ****e. Whatever happened to making things 'work as intended'?

Re: Encumberance

Originally posted by Kahr
    Even rich nano mages would be frail...but either way...they'd just put their stuff in the trunk in their yalm.

Atrox of any prof should have the ability to smash down locked doors and rip locked chests open....
    .: Naraya :.

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    Another problem that failing to re-enable encumbrance has led to is an abundance of IP's too early in many character's career. There are quite a few characters of high level who only have '3' in Strength. They should barely be able to get out of bed and yet they are completely unhindered by this deficiency.

This leads to having free IP's that should be put towards at least carrying what is in your pack and dragging your bloody roller entrails home and your broken robot parts. Instead it goes to skills that while aiding the 'weaker' professions don't make sense when you look at their body structure.

I have to laugh evertime I see an NT or Bureaucrat with '3' Strength holding an Assault Rifle like it was a feather.

Sometimes I wish they'd tell us where Tommy Strand and Martin Amor went to and why they gave the reigns of the game to someone who don't care or has no enlightenment.
    Hehehe...

I'm an NT. I do MA and can wield a rifle. My str unbuffed is almost 400.
    .: Naraya :.

Yeah, Naraya and you spent IP to be so strong and deserve to reap the rewards of your investment.

But, then again, I come from the MMORPG line of thinking that night should be dark, things you use should wear out, eating is not that bad of a thing if done right, vicinity chat is proper for talking to someone next to you, etc.

You know the type.

I dont know but AO is excessively dark in some areas at night for me.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Do you remember at launch when night vision goggles were actually useful and torches were a requirement at night. Oh, and before the silly EverQuest names floating over everyone's heads you would actually run to the group of light spots when night hunting as you collected your group together.

Night hunting was really cool. We all had a little ceremony as the suns finally rose.