Thread: Suggestion regarding Profession Titles

Suggestion regarding Profession Titles

Can't we have different Prof. Title for male (and Atrox)/female chars?? I mean ppl kept laughing at my "Made Man" Profession title... it just sounded wierd on a female char... (Used to have Union "Man", which is even worse)
    oh well, just an suggestion

I think we should be able to change our prof. title at the highest one...
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

That's the same problem that was pointed with "The man"...

Wouldn't be *so* difficult to implement titles related to the char being male/female? That's easy coding I guess. The hardest part of this certainly being *coughs* choosing the counterpart titles.

But where would the Atroxes be in all of this?... Some of them think themselves as females, after all...
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

nah, 'union man's an composite expression which doesn't denote a gender by default. like 'fireman'.

wouls 'union person' fit better? lol

There IS terms such as "spokeswomen" and "chair person"... I do think it's a better to set it up like that.
    As for Atroxs... well, according to the Offical Description, Atrox's body system is over-flooded with Testosterone... I doubt there's any way that Atrox can be considered female scientifically...

Gawd. Now we definitely have to say that to the Guards of the Honored maidens!
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Titles should be gender neutral, not gender specific.

The solution isn't to add female titles; rather the solution is to fix the existing male-centric titles so they are neutral.

Players should not have the ability to change their titles.

I was thinking you could change it at level 200. I doubt there are many level 200s.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.