Roots

Many melee-only characters are dreading the “fix” Funcom is promising to stop the rootee from breaking a root. Normally in PvP, this means the melee-only character stands like a piñata waiting to spill his candy on the PvP floor.

And I think it’s safe to say everyone is annoyed when a mission mob roots you two seconds before they yield up their experience for you. Either, you stand there and wait for the root to wear off, or you cast one of several root breaking nano’s on yourself to break the root and continue the mission. But soon “either” will no longer apply, you WILL wait for the root to wear off.

New Root rules suggestion

That a character can root is not the problem, the problem is soon there will be no counter to a root. In PvP, a non-rooting class is at a sever disadvantage when going up against a rooting class. This disadvantage keeps many (majority?) of the Rubi-Ka population from participating in PvP.

My suggestion is to change the root rules as it applies to player characters (and mobs?).
(I am assuming that Nano Resists skill will remain…….ineffective)

Roots will break under the following conditions:
1. The root duration runs out
2. The rooted character receives damage (not self inflicted)
3. The rooting character leaves a predetermined root nano range
4. The rooting character loses direct line of sight
5. The rooting character dies

Once the root is broken, the previously rooted character is placed on a timer (10-30 seconds?) that makes then invulnerable to additional roots.

I feel that if Funcom would implement these rules, a lot of people would give PvP another look as a play option or at least an alternative when they are burnt out doing missions.

Honbo