Thread: Damn It

Damn It

WTF.. OMG

check this thread..

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=45784

and read the comment by Cz:

the nt patch was promissed.. (14.6 - 14.8) and now you doubt there will be anymore profession specific patches.. that sux.. what the hell ... damn FC... we've been w8ing ages for a patch and so have soldiers and so on.. agents and otehrs get their patches.. and what we're supposed 2 b ok with that.. some professions get their problems fixed and the rest dont.. oh srry their might be some proffesion changes over time.. jeez it'll take months years.. till all the rest of teh professions get fixed.. christ do they even intend to fix the professions by the end of the story line in 3 and a bit years.. doesn't sound like it.
    Susanooh Nano-Technician
    Level 170
    Shadow Level 0
    Alien Level 2
    (Proud owner of Nullity Sphere Mk I, Mk II, Luxuary Jobe Apt. & Pet Leets) (Atlantean)
    Info
    Equip. & Imp. Layout
    Perks
    History

/born Friday November 2nd 2001

Cz said he doubts that profssion specific patch's will be released again....

So bye bye NT patch, Soldier patch, Engineer patch!!!!!!!!!!

If the work for fixing professions is the spread in and amongst 100's of other patches it will take years to achieve the same effect as the individual fixes.. and unbalances arising from professions changes will cause more delays.. when in fact if all the intended changes to a profession where made at once it may not be unbalanced, however if the changes are made slowly over time problems will likey occurr, i know what its like to develop software that way... im a software developer.. arg!
    Last edited by Susano-oh; Aug 21st, 2002 at 11:59:56.
    Susanooh Nano-Technician
    Level 170
    Shadow Level 0
    Alien Level 2
    (Proud owner of Nullity Sphere Mk I, Mk II, Luxuary Jobe Apt. & Pet Leets) (Atlantean)
    Info
    Equip. & Imp. Layout
    Perks
    History

Question Uhm...

I doubt we will dedicate many patches at all to a single profession in the future.
    There's the words "many patches" and "single profession". If you can't stand any other profession getting something in your patch, you will be disappointed, and I can't help you.

Profession changes and additions will come, but probably not in an exclusive patch.
    NT changes and Soldier are not excluded from "profession changes and additions" as far as I know.

{Edit: Sorry, I managed to delete my first post when editing it, and had to write a new one. My first post said "Uhm... what's the problem?"}

Phew

That sentence can easily be missread.. as i just did.. heh.. hmm
    well thats cool.. i dont mind sharing patches
    Susanooh Nano-Technician
    Level 170
    Shadow Level 0
    Alien Level 2
    Info
    Equip. & Imp. Layout
    Perks
    History

Originally posted by Wymorgoth
    If the work for fixing professions is the spread in and amongst 100's of other patches it will take years to achieve the same effect as the individual fixes..
    If we're gonna wait for time to put all other work aside and concentrate on a single profession, it will be years before we get to any profession after the NTs.

Re: Phew

Originally posted by Wymorgoth
    That sentence can easily be missread.. as i just did.. heh.. hmm
    well thats cool.. i dont mind sharing patches
    Ok, np.

Moving this to the Next Patch forum, as it has more to do with patching than the booster pack.

Still alot of time left for FC to patch proffessions, even if they dont get their own patch. Sharing patches will probably please more people then the old-school "this patch makes this prof gods of the month".
    weeeeee

fact is, you guys are SLOW.

if there were a patch a week for 5-10 items turning from little cubes with a ? on it to an actual item, most ppl would agree that this game would feel a lot more colorful. -estimated time to do on a mac, 10-15 min per item.

if the same patch had 1 or 2 spelling mistakes checked and corrected, the Skills panel wouldn't still look like it's been written by a 5 year old from Norway who just learned his ABCs. -estimated time to fix ALL of it, 20 seconds to think up a better line, 10-15 seconds to type it up.

if perhaps this 14.5 patch had been done once a month from 6 months ago, it would take 2 months just to come up with a ETA for August 28th, and definitely would have less ppl whining. -estimated time, how long does it take to copy & paste 20k eye camp mob to somewhere else, and give 1 mob 'boss qualities' with the 'rings' that are available for bosses(hp ring, crit ring, etc...) and put it in another place, like somewhere in andromeda? or wailing wastes?

and dude..../anon is bugged and you guys can't even write 1 little comment somewhere highly visible (known issues? in a link from the MAIN page of AO's site), and i had to find out about it from a GM? after a ghost dmg death and reverted back to a previous saved point in a different zone? (saved in BS, did a mission, saved in NL, died and res'd in Broken Shores? what the?????)
    this being a PROBLEM since prior to 12.6, something known to quite a few players, and you can't even be OPEN about it and write something down? honesty is exactly what u guys need right now, and you're being the exact opposite. still answering forum messages with 'jokes' and 'sarcasm'. sarcasm from someone doing a job as a CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. rofl.

i like AO as a game, but sometimes you 2 make some pathetic and disrespectful comments to the ppl who pay for your paychecks.
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

Talking

... still waiting for the patch that will make me "King of Beer"
    Ghump - a member of Ragnarok

My hovercraft is full of eels

Originally posted by Rayfield
    still answering forum messages with 'jokes' and 'sarcasm'. sarcasm from someone doing a job as a CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. rofl.

i like AO as a game, but sometimes you 2 make some pathetic and disrespectful comments to the ppl who pay for your paychecks.
    Rayfield, While I agree with your main point that Funcom is slow at getting patches out (not being a programer, or having any programming knowledge short of listening to one of my friends swear at his computer while trying to write some programs, I have no idea if it is possible for them to get patches out much faster), I would have to say I like the jokes that come out of the CS team, they lighten the mood. With the boards in the state they are in with immature flamers everywhere, I think they take the right road (pretty much the same one I take when people complain about stupid things to me when I am at work, ah, then knowledge that I am hard to sack is a wonderful thing hehe).

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

yes, most of the time, when there has been due activity on the boards and in 'production', jokes have been a happy relief from all the 'annoyed' posts, but when there has been almost 0 information for 2 months and so many problems arriving, still joking around and pissing off their customers from getting any 'decent' answers (rather than a basic "we will check up on that" which will get a basic annoyed reply) then we have the type of 'message-riot' which have been going on.

i'd much rather see them saying just "I don't know, we'll see" than something like "it'll be there when it's there, get off our backs" (which is true, but not very respectful, and it's hardly respectful to their customers)
    Blue Steel(TM)

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki

btw,

the patcher.exe thing has been made....just throwing contents in there and renaming it to 12.1.1 wouldn't be that hard.

also, taking the time to throw the patch up along side the server maintenance down periods would work. they supposedly do it at least once a week anyways. (last few weeks have been like 3 times a week)

defragging might speed up their hard drives on their servers. this should decrease 'lag' a bit. takes a while, maybe once a month?

here another if:

if the patch per week comes with a 'spraypaint can' item u can use on your vehicles/armor/etc.. just 1 or 2 a week....that might slow down the amount of hate mail as well...just so ppl have somethign to do with their 100+ mil creds. color coding should not ba that hard....(not even when i was using Infini-D/Bryce for making 3D animation for promotion ads)
    Blue Steel(TM)

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki

Stop wishing, it only hurts in the long-run
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Originally posted by Cz

If we're gonna wait for time to put all other work aside and concentrate on a single profession, it will be years before we get to any profession after the NTs.
    You say...years. You are implying that you yourself see the NT profession as being completely fubar requiring years to fix.

I just want to know one thing Cz....

Is that what the devs think also or do they think that there's nothing basically wrong with us?
    .: Naraya :.

Originally posted by Cz

What is sad is that it will take years for Funcom to deliver the ORIGINAL GAME with fully functional professions.

Don't you see a problem with the fact that it is over a year after release and you are still having to fix the ORIGINAL professions?

SHEESH! How can Funcom do anything other than post daily apologies??
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com