Thread: An idea to clean up the AO Forums

An idea to clean up the AO Forums

How about if people cancel their subscription, no matter how much time they have left, their account on the board is locked that same day.
    This way people who are quitting the game because they hate it cannot come to these boards and post their grief and whines that serve no contrtuctive purpose.

I am pointing this email at those people who spam the forums with I hate FunCom, FUnCom screwed me the last time, or I hate this game. These posts are just vents and no where contructive or thoughtful in anyway. So why allow them to post these threads after they cancel their subscription?
    Wizard's First Rule, people are stupid.
    Wizard's Eigth Rule- Deserve Victory. -Terry Goodkind / Author

My 100th post!

I Am A: Chaotic Good Elf Ranger
    Find outWhat D&D Character Are You?

S.H.Y.E.N.I.A.: Synthetic Hydraulic Youth Engineered for Nocturnal Infiltration and Assassination
    What Cyborg are you?

That is your opinion, and opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one and everyone thinks everyone elses stinks. Personally I like to see why people quit. Though it usually winds down to 3 catagories:

Boredom
    Bugs
    No Content

Some of the extra whining I could do without also, but still. I like to see the reason behind the mass exodus.
    Rotamus, 196 NT
    Littlebitt, 200 Doc
    Ranxacka, 153 Trader

Proud general of Immortal Ascension

America's Finest News Source

Hollywood Stock Exchange

I agree and disagree with your points yes everyone has opinions and this is one of mine coupled with an idea to fix it.

I disagree that people with cancelled discriptions have differing reasons to post here. If they wished to post a good, different, or thorough reason they would post it before clicking cancel. If they wish to start posting again they can reactivate their subscription. IT would not be a perminate lock just as long as their account status is cancelled. The way I see it if they wish to cancel their account then they are no longer a paying customer with FunCom thus why should they get to post here.
    Wizard's First Rule, people are stupid.
    Wizard's Eigth Rule- Deserve Victory. -Terry Goodkind / Author

My 100th post!

I Am A: Chaotic Good Elf Ranger
    Find outWhat D&D Character Are You?

S.H.Y.E.N.I.A.: Synthetic Hydraulic Youth Engineered for Nocturnal Infiltration and Assassination
    What Cyborg are you?

Originally posted by Rotamus
    That is your opinion, and opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one and everyone thinks everyone elses stinks. Personally I like to see why people quit. Though it usually winds down to 3 catagories:

Boredom
    Bugs
    No Content

Some of the extra whining I could do without also, but still. I like to see the reason behind the mass exodus.
    i like the example, why not find out why they left anyway? if you dont wanna see it you can ignore them (i suppose...) or just skip it. everyone whines, for a good laugh go to the soldier forum, they must whine the most. Even the engineer forum people dont really care any more, after a while everything that can be said will be, but with every patch theres a new reason .
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

I like to hear why people quit as well, if they're constructive about it. Random flaming is just stupid though.

Another thing I've noticed, is these people always say something like "my account has been cancelled! But it won't run out for 6 months".

Really. If you hated the game that much, why sign up for 6 months...? I expect the truth is, most simply want to shout that they've cancelled without actually doing it. Occasionally they reach the 6 month mark, and if cornered, say "well I renewed".

And rant on.

I've seen it a couple of times. Idiots.

P.S. the best forums are the fixer ones. I only saw one complaint there and it was because a fixer was being asked repeatedly for the NCU buff....boohoo. thats the forum for non-whiners right there. started a fixer yesterday too so i could join in
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

I also want to know why others have elected to leave.

I have huge problems with shutting off people from a service they have already paid for, which includes posting access to these boards. In fact, given the time value of money, long term subscriptions are worth more, not less then monthly ones are, even though they pay at a discounted rate.

In my mind, boards are meant for people to express themselves. I don't know about anyone else, but I know that I go through different moods, and I'm certain my posts reflect that. Some people never seem to have much constructive to say, but well, they pretty much have the right to say whatever they choose, as long as they don't violate the guidelines.

Heya Shy!
    .: Naraya :.

Re: An idea to clean up the AO Forums

Originally posted by Shyenia
    How about if people cancel their subscription, no matter how much time they have left, their account on the board is locked that same day.
    This way people who are quitting the game because they hate it cannot come to these boards and post their grief and whines that serve no contrtuctive purpose.

I am pointing this email at those people who spam the forums with I hate FunCom, FUnCom screwed me the last time, or I hate this game. These posts are just vents and no where contructive or thoughtful in anyway. So why allow them to post these threads after they cancel their subscription?
    Very thought through idea. With that everyone will just canceal the day before the subscription payment. Does that change anything? No it doesn´t, and all you managed with that is to upset a few more people.
    Realy bright.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

... That just doesn't change anything to the fact that if people want to complain and troll the boards with it, they'll do it... Whether they have better things to do than this or not once the account is cancelled, is another story...
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Originally posted by Cronos
    P.S. the best forums are the fixer ones. I only saw one complaint there and it was because a fixer was being asked repeatedly for the NCU buff....boohoo. thats the forum for non-whiners right there. started a fixer yesterday too so i could join in
    Glad you finally noticed our little corner of the forums, and decided to join us. Help us to make the fixer forums the largest on these boards (after our temperory set back, *looks over at CZ and coughs*)

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance