Thread: Once again, we've all gotten the screw because of PvP

Once again, we've all gotten the screw because of PvP

Taken from 14.5 Preliminary Patch Notes:

Bracers of Reflection have been changed to be less effective. You will now only be able to get a maximum of 7% reflection against a particular damage type, not up to 42%.

When will FUncom stop dealing out nerfs because of a single small group of spoiled brats?

PvPers whine ===> Nerf OE

PvPers whine ===> Nerf Scopes

Doctors whine ===> Nerf Trader healing

PvPers whine again ===> Nerf Reflect bracers

I know theres alot more, but these are the ones that stand out as the only reason they were done is because of some fanboi crybabies.

Why does FUncom feel like it needs to nerf instead of actually figuring out how to balence issues? How many man hours did they waste coming up with this one instead of fixing the lag in BS, or how long did they prolong the implimentation of high level content while they were nerfing everying thing that moves? For the love of all that is good and holy, GET YOU HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES AND QUIT NERFING ****!
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

IMHO

Despite the fact that PVPers make up a very small percentage of who plays this game, funcom desperately wants AO to be a PVP based game.

They belive that PVP will keep people playing and that not enough people do pvp "currently" because it is unbalanced. So if they somehow balance it all that will change. This whole new "towers" add-on for AO seems to agree. This is the only logic I can think of to why funcom caters to the minority.

I could care less about PVP myself. It's the co-op and social aspects of helping people and enjoying other people's company that has kept me playing.
    Last edited by Dovve; Aug 19th, 2002 at 18:04:22.

I never PvP. I'll never PvP. If I get to 200 and get bored I'll quit. I won't PvP. Everybody I know won't PvP. They don't even usually want to have a friendly fight with me after saving.

I'm sorry they have to do these things to the game because of the PvP'ers. It used to be more fun.

Umm

I never complained about bracers .
    I pvp all the time . I like bracers the way they are.
    It's not fair to blame every nerf on PVP.

Hey, maybe the nerf was pvm based but, we'll never know.
    We are not funcom.

The problem to me is that all the PvP areas are congested with level 200 players, Im level 142 and I'd get pillaged and destroyed in seconds. So when I do get to level 200 I doubt I will be into PvP at all. I'll be doing exactly what I do now, havin fun and helping others where and whenever I can.

As far as I'm concerned the bracer nerf will affect PVP far more than PVM. In 140 levels I have never made much use of reflect bracers, and I wasn't really planning to start.

Whatever you might think, your character is not going to be a cripple in PVM without bracers. Let the PVPers have their toy. Maybe now that bracers are only marginally useful they will introduce cool new wrist items to replace them, like working arul saba bracelets that boost skills
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

I've never used bracers either, not exactly a widespread game altering Nerf.

Originally posted by Jynne
    As far as I'm concerned the bracer nerf will affect PVP far more than PVM. In 140 levels I have never made much use of reflect bracers, and I wasn't really planning to start.

Whatever you might think, your character is not going to be a cripple in PVM without bracers. Let the PVPers have their toy. Maybe now that bracers are only marginally useful they will introduce cool new wrist items to replace them, like working arul saba bracelets that boost skills
    U will not need the bracers unless u solo a lot (like what I do).

U will not need the bracers until level 160+ when Enforcer and MA mobs starts to do crazy damage.

I will sorely miss my melee bracers who reflect 19%. Without them... the next time I meet and Enforcer or MA in a mission, I'll pull them to the entrance before I start the fight (coz there is a high chance of getting killed...)

Re: Once again, we've all gotten the screw because of PvP

Doctors whine ===> Nerf Trader healing
    You are full of ****.

Why does FUncom feel like it needs to nerf instead of actually figuring out how to balence issues? How many man hours did they waste coming up with this one instead of fixing the lag in BS, or how long did they prolong the implimentation of high level content while they were nerfing everying thing that moves? For the love of all that is good and holy, GET YOU HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES AND QUIT NERFING ****!
    What's your alternative, sweetie-pie? You can nerf one thing or boost everything else, simple as that. Either way people like you will *****.

Lag in BS is a result of practically non-existent HSR in either AO or our video cards.

You can be impassioned all you want, but it won't achieve anything. Now shut your silly mouth, please.