Thread: FC you Are Still doing a Great job

FC you Are Still doing a Great job

Dear FC,

Hereby I wish to emphasize that I am very pleased with the product AO you have on offer.

The support and prices is very competitive.

Bugs: I really dont know why peeps are complaining so much.
    I have been playing since February 2002 and I cant remember a single bug ( If I have ran into a bug but cant remember it anymore this means it is of no importance)

Lag in 20k and BS - never seen it (why is every-one complaining)
    When reaching lvl 80 it became hard to sollo. so I read the boards to find out where I could team.
    Reading these there where lots of complaint about lag, so I hesitated a lot to go there.
    However once I got there I experienced hardly any serious lag
    ( off course borealis my hometown is better, but I cant say 20k or BS is bugged with lag. My companies intranet ( I am talking about a MAJOR multinational) has more lag than BS or 20k).

The only lag I experience is CPU lag. but thats my computer.
    ( I am using a ISDN connection BTW I have choosen to pay a little extra for my internet connection. This little exytra I am paying provides me with a premium connection. Dowmloads and Lag in general ( not only AO) became better after I use the Expensive internet provider.
    ( Maybe a thought for you guys who have so called AO lag problems. If you pay cheap for your connection you get a not so good connection. Dont expect that you get a Rolls Royce when you are only willing to pay for a Trabant, ).

All by all I dont see a broken product at all.
    I see a product which off course can be improved, but FC is working on that.

Comparing this product with other similar industrial products It comes out very well.

Again comparing thh support of the product with other similar industrial products the support is of top quality.
    FC has very good service support
    (Off course many of those teenage winners expect thats FC solves their problems like daddie always takes care of them, .)

Also the product updates and new content that FC is adding is priced very favourably I believe.
    They are definetly not over charging any of us.

Again comparing this with other similar bussiness I am pleased with what FC is doing.
    Please remember only the sun is for free in this world, .

All you winners stop winning and grow up.

From what I see from this company, FC is treating is customer base very well.
    They are a company that scores very high on customer and product support.

Dear FC,

Please could you make a a board called complaints for everyone who wishes to complain cuz i am fed up having to read constantly the rantz of all those whinners.
    Oliewabie
    Entertainer and Rubi-Ka Trotter

Feel free to visit:
    Olie's Arul Saba Store - Gems and Bracer
    Free Champagne and refreshements

How about they put up a board called Fanboi so that you can go there and not be bothered by those of us FunCom is screwing over at every chance they can.

I promise I won't post there and hurt your sensitive eyes.

Thumbs down *chuckle*

Hey Fanboi,

Learn to spell. I'm not sure that Funcom can decipher your attempt at English. And did you just call ISDN a "premium connection"? *dies laughing*

kthxdrvthru

--Sandy

Since when is it wrong to be happy with something you are paying for? Let this person be happy if they want to. Doesent mean they are a fanboi.

Geez ....

Oh and bump for the complaint board idea, thats a good one, i also am sick of reading complaints when im looking for tips etc.

Actually I am on a premium connection and it blows ISDN away. And you know what, I am always lagged so bad in Broken Shores that it is not even fun anymore.

the word is whiners not winners or whinners or however you spell it.

Also my PC is high end top of the line so I know that's not the issue, seeing I bult the computer myself.

I wishI had no lag in Broken Shores.

If you havent seen one bug in AO since yhou started then you got your head buried in the sand,

Anyone who has even scratched the seurface of AO has seen a million and one bugs, some minor and silly and others major and not so funny at all.

Wink Lag in BS, etc.

I'm not one of the whiners.. but some of the statements Mr. Fanboi makes are simply ludicrous.

If he's on ISDN and experiences "no lag" in broken shores because of his 'premium connection', I want what he's smoking :P

I'm on a solid 1.5 mb ADSL connection (actual tested speed, not 'up to'), with a computer I built just a few months ago, and which has plenty of horsepower. The lag situation in the city of Home is ridiculous. As is the 30 second lag I was experiencing trying to sit/use a grid terminal/trade with someone/etc a few days ago. No bugs? No problems? Guess you weren't online when the chat server went completely out a few days ago and no one could talk

I'm a bit annoyed with the many problems I've experienced in the game, but I'm not whining, and not cancelling my account, because I'm willing to put up with this due to my enjoyment of the game.. as long as Funcom continues to work to resolve the issues.

/shrug

--Sandy

Not saying its bug free, I know what you mean bout the sync errors etc. It sux when you cant sit or chat period, and that does happen. Also yes, there are some items that have no current function etc, tradeskills has its issues, etc.

I was playing since shortly after the US release of AO, at first it was horribly bugged and the lag was unreal in cities, rendering the game nearly unplayable for many. I left and went to other games for a while (DAOC) and then they had thier reevaluation program start up and i gave it another shot and resubscribed after the 30 days was up.

For the most part its much much better now. I get very little lag on cable in most areas. And a lot of it is your video card and CPU as stated above. I had a Radeon, now i use a GF4 and its a lot smoother, i hardly ever get slowdown. Tons of memory helps too.

Name changes, you wanted them

Suddenly they can do them for you, wow, maybe they DID listen to some of the people requesting things!

In fact i just had my first and last name changed to "Tsung Chang" and it only took probably 30 mins total after I petitioned. Plus ARK-Kamelie and Guardian Tyinus were professional and courteous, and made the experience a pleasure.

I thought this was great, seeing as *points below*

In EQ you can also have this done (name change), for only (Insert dollar amount here and put in your CC#), yes, they charge you for name changes, unless you play on thier "Legends" server, which costs 50 bucks a month to play on and get these "premium" features, like events (doh lol, you gotta spend 50 bucks a month to see an event woo-hoo) and name changes that really should be part of any server.

My point i guess was if someone wants to be happy let them. If they are not, let them.

But flaming them and calling them a fanboi is not really cool either.

Why didn't you just state you disagreed with them and leave it at that, all flaming and calling names does is hurt ppls feelings and if you are angry at FC its not the way to go about expressing it.

I'ts not thier fault (the person that is happy with the game) you are not satisfied with the game, let them be is what I'm trying to say, no use calling them names.

Notice Emiko's (Kupotek) post, she isnt necessarily happy from what it sounds like, but you dont hear her slamming the original poster.

Save that for other forums, there are plenty of them.

[edited to prevent long rant]
    Last edited by Hedonistias; Aug 18th, 2002 at 23:24:55.
    Sincerely,

Hedonistias
    50th level MA
    Noble Order

Wink

Civility is overrated.

/bow

--Sandy

Emiko basically said that she can't spell, is a noobi who is hasn't seen enough of the game to have an opinion...albeit in a semi not insulting way. Personaly I like being blunt. And I'd prefer if people were blunt to me. Whether or not I'll give a damn about it is something else of course.

From Basiel's post, he's shown himself to be just what Bion said. A Fanboi. You know. Those who don't have a clue and really have no idea what the game is like because they don't have the time and effort to have reached that level. If you find that insulting, *shrug*. Not everything is nice and cheery in this world.

The 'lag' as most of us know isn't caused by your connection. To bring it up shows her ignorance. Bugs as anyone who's got more then a passing interest in this game knows are abundent. To say there aren't any shows her ignorance. Saying Funcom has very good service support when their support is powerless except to unstick you...is again showing her ignorance. Ignorance is fine as long as a player learns from it and moves on. Fanbois are generally too stupid to learn though, and will cheer Funcom on regardless, with very little thought as to why.

Of course, I do agree that he is entitled to his opinion. If he finds the game how he describes, more power to him. I'm glad he enjoys everything with no complaints. Just don't expect other players with more time and experience in the game to be as innocent as him or to care about his feelings. Not all of us go through life caring about every other person's feelings.
    Last edited by Zylina; Aug 19th, 2002 at 01:11:15.

LOL Zylina. You're down right mean Honest but mean heheh.

If someone wants to say good things about funcom and the game in a thread I don't feel like they should be flamed for it even if it sounds totally rediculous. Yes, they have the right to their opinions too.
    This person loses credibilty tho in a few places that reduces them more to the status of a troll than a happy legite fan.

For instance...Quote: (Off course many of those teenage winners expect thats FC solves their problems like daddie always takes care of them, .)

And here too.....Quote: All you winners stop winning and grow up.

And to a larger extent here.....Quote: Please could you make a a board called complaints for everyone who wishes to complain cuz i am fed up having to read constantly the rantz of all those whinners

Stick with your praises and leave other people alone in their opinions and you'll fair much better when the dragons come with their ketchup.
    Last edited by Ravicor; Aug 19th, 2002 at 01:59:48.

Exactly. If someone starts a thread praising Funcom and making gramatically incorrect, poorly spelled cracks at the players.. you bet I'm not going to be nice to them.

And I've never once posted a complaint about Funcom on the boards.

--Sandy

Just a short reply to all the whinners replying to this post.

A) If you dont like the game then cancel your account.
    B) Premiun connection means
    provider A offers ISDN for x amount while Provider B offers it more expensive but with guarenteed better connectivity and routing.
    C) About grammar and spelling I could say the same about your knowledge of spelling and grammar of my mothertongue.
    D) About product/service support and what to expect from a company I have a pretty good understanding how that works and from what I see and read I have made my conlcusions about FC.

BTW If you wish that this product becomes better, please support it.
    Being negative about it only scares away potential new customers, while there is actually no reason for new peeps not to join.
    Anyone who does not know AO and reads the boards will be scared by the many negative posts and not join.
    therefore less money for FC and consequently less resources for FC to further built this product.
    If you want FC to improve AO then support it, dont shoot it down.

BTW The virtual world of Rubi-Ka does not equal the real world..
    Last edited by Basiel; Aug 19th, 2002 at 07:57:03.
    Oliewabie
    Entertainer and Rubi-Ka Trotter

Feel free to visit:
    Olie's Arul Saba Store - Gems and Bracer
    Free Champagne and refreshements

Originally posted by Zylina

The 'lag' as most of us know isn't caused by your connection. To bring it up shows her ignorance. Bugs as anyone who's got more then a passing interest in this game knows are abundent. To say there aren't any shows her ignorance. Saying Funcom has very good service support when their support is powerless except to unstick you...is again showing her ignorance. Ignorance is fine as long as a player learns from it and moves on. Fanbois are generally too stupid to learn though, and will cheer Funcom on regardless, with very little thought as to why.
    Concerning the lag you and everyone is complaining about, i bought a new computer a couple of months ago (pretty much top of the line thing). With my new computer I have pretty much no lag at all (I do keep the settings on a mid/high level). I dont realy have a good connection either (low-end cable) but that wasnt the issue here right?

I think alot of the people complaining about lag is the guys having what they think is a kickass computer, so they put every graphics detail to the max. If you are experiencing lag problems then try putting everything to the minimum - if the lag goes away then the problem should be on your side, not the server side.

And bump for the complain board. I have left this game once to (because it was buggy, crappy and unplayable), but as it stands now it realy is an enjoyable game with a few bugs that doesnt realy affect gameplay that much. So please stop whining all the time will you.

MB

I liek Thias gaame too Funncom!

Now hit me with your worst insults, all whinners

......Seriously i think its a good game, just don't play an engie/crat/mp over level 80 and don't go to BS
    220/27/62 Crat | 200 NT | 200 fixer |174/14/42 twink trox nt| 100/12 trader| 60/6 enf|

Total levels gained since nov 2002 |2500+ |

7 years to ding 220, any better?

FC STILL doing a great job?

What you mean with still?

I'm waiting for them to actually start to do a ok job..
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Yes, AO has lots of bugs, still.
    Yes, AO was still in beta when it was released.
    Yes, FunCom has screwed up CS on several occations.

BUT I enjoy it. AO is the one single game I have enjoyed the most. Ever.

I tried EQ for some time, and found it to be awful. What did I do? Whine? NO! I stopped playing, and found another game.

I suppose I shouldn't ask whiners to quit, as it would mean less cash for FC. Wouldn't want that, really. BUT I have one suggestion: Try out another profession. just for a day or so. See if that makes you feel better. Rinse and repeat until you've tried all the professions. THEN come back and whine.

btw, can anyone borrow me a fire-reflect bracer? Think I might need it.

And did you just call ISDN a "premium connection"? *dies laughing*
    My first tought when I read the first post in this thread was that I wanted to shoot the poster in the foot with my Schuyler Bow, since what he writes is the worst CRAP i've seen in a long time.

However, a ISDN connection is better than even a 100MB ADSL connection when playing any online game cause ISDN has more than enough bandwith, AND it is a DUPLEX connection, meaning it can send and retrieve data at the same time. ADSL can only Send, then Retrieve(HALF DUPLEX), meaning you will most of the time have a better Ping with a ISDN connection. I used to use ISDN, but are now on a 2MBIT ADSL and can confirm this (im not lagging with ADSL off course, but I had slightly better ping with ISDN).
    So there you have it.

Support isnt bad until its your turn to get shafted. Just wait until your name means a profanity in some obscure language, or you lose a backpack full of rare loot, then wehn you petition about it told they dont refund items lost to bugs. On that day you will be as irate and fed up as the rest of us.

Guess the thread starter is one lucky chap who never encountered serious problems.

Anyway, do give him credit for the "complaints board" suggestion. IMO, it's uber!

BTW, I do lag in BS and 20k, but it's not as bad as what many had described.

And more importantly, I realised a lot of people don't know how useful that "character view distance" parameter is, especially in crowded places like BS or 20k!!!

Try it.. it work wonders. These 2 areas used to lag me until I get dropped. Now.. they aren't much of a prob anymore... I just had to be a little bit more patient and wait for the data to finish loading before moving.

While we know Funcom is still quite crappy.... those of u who had been here during beta and launch would know that they had come a loonnnggg way since then. (though it took them one whole year to learn some of their lessons).