Thread: OMG your talking about paying for stuff we were promised at Start of game

OMG Funcom thinks we are all MORONS !!!!

OMG your talking about paying for stuff we were promised at Start of game
    People quit talking about its only 20 bucks and all these Idiotic statements about you have to pay for more content when the true point is were paying for Crap that was promised at launch !!

It's obvious that FUNCOM thinks we are all a bunch of MORONs as they actually expect us to beleive that this wasn't part of the original design and ever since 13.8 they have been talking about this being implemented into a patch. MY whole guild practically quite over this crap and they are going to lose a bunch more by treating us all like Moron's !!

If you want to flame me then fine I don't care but i also saw at one time a lot of potential for this game, but when SwG and ASheron's Call 2 come out and all FUNCOM has is a BOOSTER pack everyone is going to say to themselves why pay money for Lie's and deceit when i can pay another 20 and just get a Real GAME ??

There is no point whinning though as FUNCOM isn't listening !!
    FUNCOM realizes that AO is dead and think about this if they don't have the staff for an expansion and a patch, then what does that say about the future of this game?? FUNCOM already knows this game is dead, I mean seriously just think about it for a sec if you have to Lie to everyone and treat them like MORONS and charge for crap just to have something on the shelf then you truly are a WHAKK job of a company and don't deserve my 20 bucks.

About the time i pay $20 extra for a patch that was part of launch is the time that I GROW 3 tits and a Schlong big enough for an elephant !!

It's obvious to me that AO is dead, but I'll play it cool until November when AC2 is staring me in the face and say to myself $50 for a Real Game or $20 for a Bullcrap Patch and wait another 4-6 month's for an expansion !! HUMM tough decision !!!

Anyways if any of your children feel like flaming then go ahead but you all remind me of a battered woman who keeps taking it from an Abusive Drunk husband !!!!!!!! lol
    Last edited by Jazcat; Aug 16th, 2002 at 00:18:26.

Angry

Bump.

Just wanted to add my support before any fanboy added his notes of how we owes everything to FC. yuk!

Anyway: Say no to pay-patch. Pay-beta was enough.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

Umm, two options for you.
    Nice and simple and both only require a couple of clicks on your mouse:

1. Don't buy the booster pack
    2. Quit

There you go, nice and simple.

Wink

Originally posted by RedSonja
    Umm, two options for you.
    Nice and simple and both only require a couple of clicks on your mouse:
    2. Quit

There you go, nice and simple.
    Done that, been there and just waiting for my subscription to run out.

Hmm, i wonder which server will be the first to be sold when the amount of players sinks below costs to run both.
    And: No I don´t think just me leaving will cause that, but when you add upp others leaving.......

Originally posted by Spook
    And: No I don´t think just me leaving will cause that, but when you add upp others leaving.......
    And you probably come up with some insignificantly small percentage of the total players in this game

good post of my 800th

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Wink

Well, I´m still a bit ahead of you Lillnymph.

I don't mind paying more for significant additions/changes to the game. Expansion, boosters, whatever the heck you want to call them.

Here is the problem though, for me:

1) There are *MAJOR* bugs still in the game that have existed since the first day of release. Dying while zoning. Items disappearing. Monsters shooting or meleeing you through 10 walls. Ghost damage. Etc.

2) There are professions that are still hurting BADLY in both PvM, PvP, as well as just "fun". Soldier, NT, and Engineer need some SERIOUS work. These professions have neded some "love" since day 1.

3) The promised "constantly evolving story line" well...... hasn't "constantly evolved."

I don't mind paying more money for NEW stuff.

What I object to is paying more money to get the things I *ALREADY* paid for.
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com

Originally posted by Spook

Done that, been there and just waiting for my subscription to run out.
    Care to tell me when that subscription runs out? I'd love to see if you actually quit then, Spook.

Cindrax said it best. I will buy the booster, but things like being able to control areas, was talked about in BETA, and at release.

I don't freak out like the original poster, but I do see where he is coming from. I have long since gotten that excited about a MMORPG. I have fun in AO, but I don't let it or any game stress me out. I have a drastically different view on MMORPGs these days. Have fun, don't sweat it, that's my mantra.

Totally off the subject, but who else thinks that the area control is going to cause SO many problems? I for one think so, although I try and remain optimistic. IMHO it is kind of common knowledge that most Clans organize better when it comes to PVP issues and such. I personally will try and take a better active stance in PVP issues as Omni, in preperation for this, but it's not gonna be easy.
    Borxet

Of course it is going to cause huge problems. Why?

1) Funcom has a history of being incapable of writing code that is not riddled with bugs. Now add that buggy code to something that allows players to really mess with others.

2) PvP in AO is incredibly poor. Trying to enhance it is like putting lipstick on Janet Reno.

3) This is yet another way for the Uber Guilds to dominate everyone else. *yawn*
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com

Land control wasn't promised for launch, it was on the envisioned list for PvP.

Originally posted by Cindrax
    Of course it is going to cause huge problems. Why?

1) Funcom has a history of being incapable of writing code that is not riddled with bugs. Now add that buggy code to something that allows players to really mess with others.

2) PvP in AO is incredibly poor. Trying to enhance it is like putting lipstick on Janet Reno.

3) This is yet another way for the Uber Guilds to dominate everyone else. *yawn*
    Well get uber then? Seriously as there will be Limit on lvl's for the land control and you arent as good as the other... well then you dont deserve it.. =/ I mean if someone is stronger ... arent they supposed to be stronger?
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Hey just wait, they will think of a way to make you pay to take your uber items away too...

Hey we see you with that heavy padded coat, well guess what!!!! we have a up comming patch that will take it away, and it will only cost you 19.95!!!!

Oh and if you dont get the patch you will still have the coat, but you will take an extra 1000 NERF DMG every hit!!!!

Oh its funny now, but funcom seems to make the most craziest ideas happen, booster pack, hehe thats for card games, last time I checked AO wasnt a card game, or I have been playing the wrong game? :P
    Ryokucha First Gimped Novice 220 Adv.... Leets are people too!!!
    Ryokibin 220 MA - Dreams are short, but nightmares last forever...
    Ryochi 215 doc - Just another gimped healpet! :P
    Ryomeiji 205 MP - Healpet/Dmg pet/mezpet, what more could a girl ever want? MORE!
    Ryosekushi 213 Trader - Huh?!? Who?!? What?!? ahhhh...

Eternal Fury Forums

Originally posted by Blue Cat

Care to tell me when that subscription runs out? I'd love to see if you actually quit then, Spook.
    Sure, I think it will be the 29th this month.

Talking Thanks

I've read some of these protest posts and all the hysteria and hyperbole moved me to action!! I decided to immediately order the booster from Eb!

Thanks for convincing me to do the right things.

*waits for the booster with baited breath*
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Originally posted by Yugi
    Totally off the subject, but who else thinks that the area control is going to cause SO many problems? I for one think so, although I try and remain optimistic. IMHO it is kind of common knowledge that most Clans organize better when it comes to PVP issues and such. I personally will try and take a better active stance in PVP issues as Omni, in preperation for this, but it's not gonna be easy.
    That is because we at Omni have a job to keep us buissy, while people at clans are bloody berserker hippies with to much time on their hands.