Thread: Weapon woes...

Weapon woes...

Quite frankly, I am tired of using the staple Soldier weapons. I never want to use a Div 9, Nova, or CHS again. I would switch to IMI's, but FC just announced that they will gradually be introducing *gasp* new nanos lines for the Soldier, nano lines that -might- allow them to heighten their attack rating for something other than a Ranged Energy AR. I am already an Opifex Soldier, a great minority in the very least, I wonder what the most unorthodox weapon I could use - while maintaining better than average effectiveness - is? So there you have it. Originally, I posted this as a reply to a thread of mine in RK1 Exchange, but I decided that a consulation of my more knowledgeable peers would be a good idea. Anyways, thank you in advance for any suggestions. I'll stop ranting now...

- Aelist
    Aelist: RKI Opifex Soldier (Level 138)
    Reignfire: RKI Solitus Adventurer (Level 31)

- Proud Member of The Order of Chaos -

Hm well I guess you could dual wield 2 sleek cannons.

Exclamation ...

Dual-wield Sleekcannons?! Is that even possible...I was under the impression that the Sleekcannon was a two-handed weapon...

- Aelist
    Aelist: RKI Opifex Soldier (Level 138)
    Reignfire: RKI Solitus Adventurer (Level 31)

- Proud Member of The Order of Chaos -

LOL!

That would certainly rock.

Think he's referring to these http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=121849

There's been a few go that route, and early on they rock, but I'm not totally sure they go up to QL200 or how they fair in the upper lvls. Another option is the C-99a Seburo, I've used them at lower lvls and they work great. Only a couple of skills to worry about and the burst hits harder than novas of same QL (think the burst recycled a bit faster too). Not too sure how they fair at higher lvls. I have a QL150 I need to test out. Here's a link for it too http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=128654

Good luck
    Prplstyle
    Prpl Another one of the many struggling soldiers out there...
    Aslayerem New main

Re: Weapon woes...

Originally posted by Aelist
    Quite frankly, I am tired of using the staple Soldier weapons. I never want to use a Div 9, Nova, or CHS again. I would switch to IMI's, but FC just announced that they will gradually be introducing *gasp* new nanos lines for the Soldier, nano lines that -might- allow them to heighten their attack rating for something other than a Ranged Energy AR. I am already an Opifex Soldier, a great minority in the very least, I wonder what the most unorthodox weapon I could use - while maintaining better than average effectiveness - is? So there you have it. Originally, I posted this as a reply to a thread of mine in RK1 Exchange, but I decided that a consulation of my more knowledgeable peers would be a good idea. Anyways, thank you in advance for any suggestions. I'll stop ranting now...

- Aelist

A crumbling paper hammer?
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

Re: Re: Weapon woes...

Originally posted by Szticks
    A crumbling paper hammer?
    Don't make fun of the Paper Hammer!

In the hands of an expert they are *very* dangerous weapons.

Keep in mind that you can dual wield them and with a high enough 1HB skill you can kill Leets like there is no tommorrow, if you have a decent scope you might even take on these Stalkers in the Holo World....

/me switches to serious-mode now

I have IPRd my first char (a Soldier for the original topic of this post) to dual wield shotguns.

I teamed with an alt of a good friend of mine (Soldier as well) using a Div9. My shotties are crap compared to him.

I will now sacrifice the remaining IPR points to get him on the Grenadethrower path....

With the new Throwers that were introduced (Arwen and OT-12 I guess) this looks like a decent alternative.

Kisses
    Steelbuns

Kisses
    Steelbuns
    Quote Originally Posted by Primakoff
    You can never deal enough damage to OD even the most average role-player 220 soldier with the right gun, so taunts are your only hope.
    I want to tank The Beast with nothing but a chair and a Concrete Cushion FFS!

Talking

Sleekcannon, sleekblaster, who cares ?

ya, I dual wielded sleekblasters with my soldier (or something that looked exactly the same, but I know it had burst as well) and they rocked! My Soldier is my first character (so with no twinking), I was able to take on two almost red's or 3-4 solid yellows at the same time without too much worry. Sadly, I have a hard time finding them often enough to keep up with my level. Currently have a Sleek Cannon (better than a Nova imo)

ps, just checked out auno.org, and it was sleekmasters that I was using. Love those things (and If I could ever find them again anywhere close to my lvl, I'd use them again)
    Ding! lvl 30... oh wait... 31.... ok 35..... ok 40. Man this game kicks Everquest's ass!

*heavy suppressor* is the only way to go