Thread: Pure Pvm based bot (all factions) discuss

Pure Pvm based bot (all factions) discuss

Im aiming to try get help setting a pure pvm bot up for all factions not point based tho

basically wot im looking for is a main bot where people use as like a hub (place to gather)
    once in this bot they can do for example a command !choose from this command it will bring a list up for raids and maybe some quests for example !choose db quest from there on it will add u to a list of people that are willing to do that raid example !teams db quest name1 name 2 name 3 name 4

or other raids like 12man !choose 12man name 1 name 2 name 3 so on

once enough people for certain raid or quest !export 12man !export db quest (will export u to a bot with the people willing to do the raid / quest

not intrested in using this for s42 tho as we alrdy have a good bot for all factions as it is sector42 bot.

the idea of this bot is to try prevent pvp bots trying to take over pvm stuff and forcing people to do one faction raids and such which i dont agree with

alrdy spoke to a few bot coders about this idea and they seem to think it be a great idea and a great bot just wanted to know ur views on a bot like this any problems that it would make and so on its not a topic i want to argue about just want views and more ideas how we could get a great bot like this up and running and if more people wanted to help out in anyways please feel free to drop comment below. and before anyone says hellcom iraid and other bots like that dont bother posting not intrested in them bots at all i want a all faction pure pvm bot where its fair all around for all players of ao that love to pvm as much as me and not be forced into doing raids at other peoples convinience ( times when people are not active but raid leaders are so people miss out on raids etc.. anyways drop comments below look forward to seeing some possitive feed back... <3 long live pvm <33333333

Funcom has this great feature already ingame.

it's called LFT and you can get it by hitting Shift + F

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post

ofc theres /lft but some people dont go lft and probly doing somthing else while they wait for a certain raid or quest and such

Good base idea but I have a couple suggestions for you.

- Make sure that there is no level limit on the bot. This would allow people to sign up for things that they want to do even if they are playing a different toon.
    - When people sign up for something, allow them to list their level and profession instead of just a picklist to choose from. So, for example, I could be on my 150 MA but sign-up my 220 Doctor by typing '!12m add 220 Doc' OR (since bots are pretty smart) I could do '!12m add Omegalife' (assuming Omegalife has been registered as an alt). This would allow whoever is initiating the raid to see what they have available.

When someone pulls up the 12 man list they'd see something like:

12 Man Sign-Up list
    1. Omegalife (220 Doctor) online now as Ameliaa

Alternatively you could make it such that someone could sign up for one raid type under multiple toons if they have some flexibility. Obviously once someone has registered an alt, you could make a command such that they say !12m and then get an option to join with a list of their registered alts (so they only have to click the alt name to add it to the sign-up list).

Being able to sign up on LFT for something outside of your range is an option players have requested for awhile so I think you might get quite a few using the bot if you do it that way.

Just my 2 cents.. and good luck with your idea.
    Last edited by Eventsbyjill; Mar 3rd, 2013 at 06:00:46.
    Events by Jill is a premier event planning organization. We organize events such as scavenger hunts, educational seminars, tours, raids and social gatherings.

"If it's an Event by Jill.. you know it's done right!"

ye want a bot for all factions way pvm should be do like them ideas jill keep them flowing really hope coders could do a bot like this as i think it personal would get some use

!elykite 150 myspecialclanalt
    Ciassene

Doc you could try having a read on this topic? Same sort of thread http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=604137
    Ashford

Note of clarification: the above linked is discussing for an omni only bot, where as OP here is looking for one that is open to all factions. This slight difference makes it two different threads.
    Guardian Haquihana
    Forums Team
    Community Relations Department
    Advisors Of Rubi-ka
    Forum Social Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Haquihana View Post
    Note of clarification: the above linked is discussing for an omni only bot, where as OP here is looking for one that is open to all factions. This slight difference makes it two different threads.
    I know. I was just linking to show that, he/she could get some kind of information about how bot's work etc. Wasn't trying to say that he/she was posting in the wrong thread.

Note of clarification ofc.
    Ashford

Quote Originally Posted by Eventsbyjill View Post
    Good base idea but I have a couple suggestions for you.

- Make sure that there is no level limit on the bot. This would allow people to sign up for things that they want to do even if they are playing a different toon.
    - When people sign up for something, allow them to list their level and profession instead of just a picklist to choose from. So, for example, I could be on my 150 MA but sign-up my 220 Doctor by typing '!12m add 220 Doc' OR (since bots are pretty smart) I could do '!12m add Omegalife' (assuming Omegalife has been registered as an alt). This would allow whoever is initiating the raid to see what they have available.

When someone pulls up the 12 man list they'd see something like:

12 Man Sign-Up list
    1. Omegalife (220 Doctor) online now as Ameliaa

Alternatively you could make it such that someone could sign up for one raid type under multiple toons if they have some flexibility. Obviously once someone has registered an alt, you could make a command such that they say !12m and then get an option to join with a list of their registered alts (so they only have to click the alt name to add it to the sign-up list).

Being able to sign up on LFT for something outside of your range is an option players have requested for awhile so I think you might get quite a few using the bot if you do it that way.

Just my 2 cents.. and good luck with your idea.
    If only there was some way to communicate with a large amount of people all at once...
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

i really like that idea massdebater will put all ideas forward to coders when i meet up with them hopfully soon but reason i want this as u know urself its really hard for some people not to get in things like db quest or stuff like that with a main hub like this people could us it as a home for raid gathering and such or even quests if people not on lft and such

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post

How about people lft while on their lowbie alts?

OT - i like this idea.

clan and omni do not mix. its bad enough already with the ridiculous side-change item that should never have existed: mongrels, interlopers, relayers in every bot! everyone should side with the right-wingers on this one!
    Anarchy Online's A Prophet Without Honor:
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/anarch...out_honour.pdf

I think an all faction bot for PvM is a great idea. Bump.

If it achieved any level of success it would be pretty useful. Smaller orgs could really benefit.

8)
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by Herkulease View Post
    Smaller orgs could really benefit.

How small would an Org have to be, in order to not be able to raid anything? Well except s42.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    How small would an Org have to be, in order to not be able to raid anything? Well except s42.
    The problem with AO (maybe its not a problem but whatever) is that there is not a single raid or instance that everyone is working on completing in a given time. There isn't really a clear line of progression so even if you have 10 people online that are the same level they are probably doing completely different things.

This becomes even more true at endgame because literally you could be working on:

- APF's
    - Pande
    - Xan instances or questlines
    - DB instances or questlines
    - PvP (in its many forms)

That being said, even a large organization could have trouble getting together the required people to complete things because you can't really control other people's playtime. If someone comes on wanting to twink their level 60 toon you can't force them to log their 220 to come help with the DB quest (just an example).

This is the type of problem you face in a game where even the oldest content (think: might of the revenant from IS) is still relevant on endgame toons some 9-10 years later. You end up with too many layers of content that have to be completed and the population in an org gets spread too thinly.
    Last edited by Eventsbyjill; Mar 5th, 2013 at 14:07:06.
    Events by Jill is a premier event planning organization. We organize events such as scavenger hunts, educational seminars, tours, raids and social gatherings.

"If it's an Event by Jill.. you know it's done right!"

Alliance raid bot was something similar as to what is described to OP.
    It was an RK1 roll based bot for PvM and we're trying to get it working again since the bots have been funny since merge.

There is another layer to it though that was close to being implemented properly, and that was you could build up roll points. It sort of lets you enter your name more than once into a raffle, thus making it so that the more raids you do, the more likely you are still to win, rather than doing 20 raids and still nothing to show for it.
    Wake me up when West Athen is full of tl7 pvp again!!