Thread: I'll give all my credits to...

I'll give all my credits to...

... the person who find a missions exploit that is so bad that they have to shut the mission servers down for at least 1 month.

I mean, a mission now and then is ok but this is rediculous. People don't even know how to hunt anymore.

Bump
    Nargothronds
    Level 125 Enforcer
    Advisor Of Deus Ex Machina
    Rubi-Ka 2

I find this post a little funny and yes, even a little sad.

Anarchy Online isnt about missions or hunting, they are to me a byproduct of a game gone wrong.

We hunt to pass the time cos we are sick of missions that are repititious and boring and seem to have no impact on the storyline

Wait, what storyline? Oh ya there is none.

So what is Anarchy Online after all is said and done?

a chatroom you pay to sit in ?

And what is SWG going to be? A place to train your real life Jedi powers?

Its a game, if you don't have fun playing it, stop playing it.
    DrSquick - 134 Doc
    BloodSquick - 104 agent
    BrainSquick - 59 Crat
    Others: 42 NT, 27 MA, 14 Eng, 30 Enf

if you all think SWG will be any less laggy or any less storyless or any less buggy you are kidding your selves... but i guess we all can hope....
    JapellaZ
    Bureaucrat

'If you think you finally found the perfect light... i hope it's true' -Belly

Re: .......................

Originally posted by Japella
    if you all think SWG will be any less laggy or any less storyless or any less buggy you are kidding your selves... but i guess we all can hope....
    Hehe - check the SWG quote at the bottom of this article http://www.gignews.com/fdldevlife0402.htm,

"Unquestionably, the most highly anticipated game of the year, as far as developers are concerned, is Star Wars Galaxies, the upcoming persistent online world from LucasArts and Sony Online Entertainment. And it's not just a developers' thing either: the best quote of the show, from Avatars Offline, said: "There is not enough bandwidth in the State of California to support that game." The second-best quote, from a panel on the future of online gaming: "80% of hardcore gamers have never played [an MMORPG]." At least, not yet. This could get very, very interesting."

80% eh? There's hope for FC yet!

BTW: Avatars offline is a documentary.

Originally posted by Emiko

Anarchy Online isnt about missions or hunting, they are to me a byproduct of a game gone wrong.

We hunt to pass the time cos we are sick of missions that are repititious and boring and seem to have no impact on the storyline

Some people people like the game, and there is a story line.

Re: I'll give all my credits to...

Originally posted by reality
    ... the person who find a missions exploit that is so bad that they have to shut the mission servers down for at least 1 month.

I mean, a mission now and then is ok but this is rediculous. People don't even know how to hunt anymore.
    Personally , i miss hunting. I paid my due's .I have done the missions and have the tokens to prove it. There will hopefully be new token boards coming out.

I mean.. if i'm doomed to missions! At leaset give me something to look forward to.

Get Real

Of course the next MMORPG will work better and have less bugs than AO. You can't play AO for ten minutes without placing your character at risk not due to your play decisions, not due to the dangerous mobs, but due to the technical inadequacies of the programming of the game. How can there be willing suspension of disbelief when I continuously have my nosed rubbed in the fact that the server is playing one game and the client is playing another and once in a while, if I'm lucky, the two decide to to give me a brief glimpse of that game? How can I feel like I'm in a brave new fantastic world when the success of my avatars in that world depends more on how I learn to work around the realities of funky programming and client/server lag than what actions I take in the game world?

When AO was released it barely worked at all. When everyone was going to leave after the first month trial period FunCom published a false claim that the fixes would be patched in by the following week.

Everybody renewed and what did we get? A 10kb patch full of nothing and FunCom's patented company mantra was born..."We're sorry. We're working on it. Send more money."

This was the first of many such inflated claims from FunCom (and that doesn't include all the BS features they list on the box that you won't find in game).

AO has a great big beautiful world, intricate and deep mechanics and almost no content. Heck, there's more content in the tiny world of DAOC than in all the vastness of Rubi Ka. What content there is today was added long after people started paying to play and see the beautiful new world. Many of us are still looking for the game we were promised.

So why do people like me play AO? Because I like scifi and like it or not FunCom has filled the scifi vaccuum. I can't stand FunCom as a corporate entity, but I play because I love MMORPGs and this is the only scifi MMORPG there is. It's not the best, and might be the worst technically, but it's still the only one there is.

Is it fun? Well I suppose that depends on what is fun for each individual. It seems to be a very fun place for griefers, exploiters and borderline sociopaths. It's as good a chat room as any game for the socializers. Me? I'm a builder. For me spending IPs is the most fun. Unfortunately that fun is coming more and more infrequently with each passing level just like in every other MMORPG so far. AO is not a step forward, but at least it's scifi.

originally posted by reality

Ack! Just as long as you leave RK2 alone, go for it!

Seriously, I have accounts on EQ, DAOC, and AO. I play AO when I get tired of 5 Druids chasing the same 3 Griffons. A Sand Giant doesn't survive 30 seconds in Oasis - he pops, 5 people fight over who kills him, he dies nuked, DOTted, slashed and pounded. It's ridiculous.

Mission tech rocks the house in my book. The day I get into an argument over who pulled the Lifebleeder is the day my AO accounts go bye-bye.

I agree that the mission *environs* are monotonous. It would be cool to have outdoor generated missions, sort of like the newbie holo yards. Randomly generated outdoor and indoor missions would float my boat.

But I do *not* want to fight over spawns. After three years, I'm thoroughly sick of that.
    Rogoff AKA Mr. Brumble - 59 Omni Bureaucrat (RK2)
    Goodz 55 Fixer, (RK2)
    Goodzz 25 MP - Afrolicious, freaky and habit-forming

Mercinax: "/me casts afro containment field on Goodzz"

Originally posted by Emiko

Well stated.

It'll be alot of fun to read the SWG rant boards.

Anyway, Meta- I really wish they'd do that. Missions are mind-numbing because of their repetive, room-to-room nature, not because the concept itself is bad. I agree.

Outdoor missions would be great.

Well as the good friend reality is (just send a slayer on me from time to time ) i'll bump this thread, and say i havent done missions in 2 months i think , and will continue so until there is a good +100 outdoor hunting area.
    And static dungeons is not counted as a "mission"

See ya outdoors in the beautiful nature all!!
    220/27/62 Crat | 200 NT | 200 fixer |174/14/42 twink trox nt| 100/12 trader| 60/6 enf|

Total levels gained since nov 2002 |2500+ |

7 years to ding 220, any better?