Thread: Money Sink

Money Sink

A good idea for a money sink would be guild housing. You could make real estate in better zones such as Newland City or Omni Trade cost alot of credits and better stuff such as shop terms and insurance terms and grid terms cost money to get. You could improve the houses in many ways with more money and could sink like 100 billion credits into a guild house before you had everything you could possibly have. This would be a great way to get money off high lvl characters.
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

Yes, some kind of guildhousing would be good. It would be even better if there was a bank in the house that only members could access.

Well, don't permit buying guild houses - renting them is a much greater potential money sink
    So what guild house enhancements would people be willing to pay for? Here's a start
    • Bank
    • Backyard with QL1 mobs (for deprives and leet charming)
    • dueling arena
    • permanent chests to hold guild equipment - preferably with icons like backpacks have
    • bartender (for style and a place to sell loot)
    • a guild message board - one section only allows posts from officers, another section allows posts from any guild member
    • ability to change the background music occasionally

Some of these are obviously more useful than others, so prices would have to vary accordingly. Then you get into other options that are just for fun or to show off how much money you have
    • swimming pool
    • sauna
    • deck overlooking the backyard
    • links to members' apartments so each can have their own personalized space within the guild house
    • yalmaha detailing shop - allows choice of different yalm skins
    • deck overlooking the actual city streets so you can watch the "little people" scurry about and chat about how they resemble ants

Not sure if I'd be willing to pay for things like Save/Reclaim terminals or a personal basic/advanced/superior general store. But those could be offered as options, too. Maybe allow a choice of multiple backyard options with scenic extras like a waterfall or snow capped mountain being extra.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Such good ideas... but will they ever happen?

Amis OT 112 MP Rk-1

That would really be great.

I hope FC notices this.

Divinecross
    Would have be something that didn't effect the balance of the game. Otherwise you just gave huge reward all those who got away with old money exploits.