Thread: Would The Council Please Read

Would The Council Please Read

You guys are the founders of Tarasque loot, and I hear conflicting stories from many many many people, about how much BS it is, or how fair it is, so far ive gathered...

1. "Dragon Points" each time you go to kill him, you get a point, people with the most points get first dibs on loot.

2. The leaders of the triad, (MoK, Trinity and The Council) get together and get divy-up the loot evenly between each other, and those leaders auction it off to their guildmates.

3. The system is complete BS, The Council takes all the loot they want, and leave the scraps for the others, TC also lies and says that nothin dropped, then run away with their new loot.

4. All of the items are auctioned off right there, in /ch vic so everyone can here.

Not all of those are true, not all false, i just wanna know, straight from either Liltechie, Auno, anyone that knows, even people from other guilds that think they know, how the system works.

I'm not a member of TC/MoK/Trinity but...

I'm not a member of TC/MoK/Trinity but here is what I understand to be the situation:

Awhile back, when I first started going to Tarasque spawns, a raffle system was in place, it worked generally like this:
    Each guild team was allowed to sponser 1 unguilded/under-represented guild person.
    1 full guild team = 1 number in the raffle system.

Tarasque would die, 1 person who is trusted announces loot and grabs the items that are not NODROP for raffle outside Camelot (done to conserve time w/in a 25% zone) Items that were NODROP were raffled immediately, and the winning guild sent a person to loot the NODROP item.

Now, for reasons unknown to me... some ppl decided that they were not getting enough loot, or were being treated unfairly for their strong participation in the Tara raids... this led to the "Big 3" loot system.

Big 3 system: TC/MoK/Trinity each took turns respectively looting Tarasque while excluding everybody else.

That system was in place for a short time. And now, it would seem that the clans have gathered up and organised themselves, and have come to Camelot En Mass, and basically overrun the place... ie, same thing that omni did to them way back when.
    Last edited by Demonsguile; Aug 2nd, 2002 at 07:18:22.
    Demonsguile 204 MP HYDRA General
    Korrupshun 147 Trader (The MP anti-thesis)
    Renown 104 Enf (King of the Ring, before OE patch)
    Bloke 76 Keeper
    -He who angers you, conquers you.
    -Those who complain the most, do the least.
    -Goals are not made to be attained or achieved. They are made to be surpassed.
    Originally posted by Sallust
    They can't show us new pets because they have better things to do then camp for the items

Unhappy Actually....

I think the triggering event for the loot rules was a few ninja incidences.

It went like this imo

- ninja
    - trust failure for newcomers to tarasque due to ninjas
    - lewt rules
    - you know the rest

Re: Would The Council Please Read

Originally posted by Kahr
    You guys are the founders of Tarasque loot, and I hear conflicting stories from many many many people, about how much BS it is, or how fair it is, so far ive gathered...

1. "Dragon Points" each time you go to kill him, you get a point, people with the most points get first dibs on loot.

2. The leaders of the triad, (MoK, Trinity and The Council) get together and get divy-up the loot evenly between each other, and those leaders auction it off to their guildmates.

3. The system is complete BS, The Council takes all the loot they want, and leave the scraps for the others, TC also lies and says that nothin dropped, then run away with their new loot.

4. All of the items are auctioned off right there, in /ch vic so everyone can here.

Not all of those are true, not all false, i just wanna know, straight from either Liltechie, Auno, anyone that knows, even people from other guilds that think they know, how the system works.
    There are so many rumours out there. Don't believe 99% of what you hear. I don't know why people make it up, but I can guess on jealousy, stupidity and alike.

1. Thats the system we use for our sponsored people. Thats only internally in TC and among our sponsored people.

2. Loot is divided among the 3 guilds and their sponsored people by turn. If one guild had first pick among the drops last time, a new guild have first pick next time and so on.

3. Complete bull****. I think our members are actually the ones who got the least loot from Camelot during the last 2 months. Sponsored people and people who helped out with the raids there got a good piece of the pie there. Ask Xzan, Tartlet (now meber though) and others.

4. There were never an auction-system. First a raffle-system was used, but because of the logistic nightmare and ninja'ing due to it the system got changed to a turnbased loot-system.
    ~Lone

/me looks at what's posted

/me shakes head

Is it just me or is there something inherently wrong with what we are seeing here?

Cz, Cosmik, when you gonna get something done about this spawn hogging "We iz da Daddies!" uber-guild camp-fest bullsh1t???

/me goes off to throw up
    NT's are Gods. No really we are. What are you lot laughing at???

Level 220 Clan NT. Proud member of JVC

My equipment

What is wrong with it?

We are just playing this game the way it was designed. If you want a stop to this, then get Funcom to design a better dungeon and unique mob system.

The day they do that, the day we will all be happy.

Re: Re: Would The Council Please Read

Originally posted by Noer

There are so many rumours out there. Don't believe 99% of what you hear. I don't know why people make it up, but I can guess on jealousy, stupidity and alike.

1. Thats the system we use for our sponsored people. Thats only internally in TC and among our sponsored people.

2. Loot is divided among the 3 guilds and their sponsored people by turn. If one guild had first pick among the drops last time, a new guild have first pick next time and so on.

3. Complete bull****. I think our members are actually the ones who got the least loot from Camelot during the last 2 months. Sponsored people and people who helped out with the raids there got a good piece of the pie there. Ask Xzan, Tartlet (now meber though) and others.

4. There were never an auction-system. First a raffle-system was used, but because of the logistic nightmare and ninja'ing due to it the system got changed to a turnbased loot-system.
    Thanks for the update =]

It's The Game Not The Guilds

I don't think you can blame the guilds for monopolizing the tiny handful of good spawns in AO. If there were more to do in Rubi Ka it wouldn't be an issue. It's the utter lack of content that creates the crowding and competition.

From what I hear FunCom is finally going to add some of the content we were originally promised and have been paying for for so long in advance. It's a shame they're going to charge us for the whole game again just so we can see it though. I expect it to be just another boxful of false claims and disappointment, but I'm sure somebody will laud it.

I just hope it doesn't break the parts of AO that FunCom has finally gotten working at least some of the time. And hopefully it will also provide the uberguilds a fresh carrot to pursue leaving the older spawns a bit more open for those who refuse to pay again for the same game and in fact are still looking for the game we originally paid for.