Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Character Skin Redistribution (one time only?)

Sometimes the cost is not the same when you increase your stats first, and sometimes there was a graphic bugg that showed more IP then you had (or something like that).

I had 2 of my character effected by first bugg, the other had no problem using the IP-reset. So I guess it was a matter of luck.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

I found that if you used an rp point, then without hitting accept, used another one, the ip shown was very very off. It would show much more ip then you actually had. Then when you used all those ip to raise stats etc, it would actually raise them. However, when you press accept, and then press u and took another look, you'd see that your stats weren't raised as high as you thought. While this wasn't a big deal really if you'd only used that ip for one stat, this was a major hassel if you'd raised many stats. While I don't believe any ip was actually lost, the inflated ip that a person thought they had did cause some to seriously screw their characters over. ie: Maxing stats and nanoskills only to find out that stats are now maxed but nanoskills are at 1/10th of where they should be. These people probably wouldn't have spent all those ip on stats if they'd known they needed more for nanoskills. There were supposedly other bugs, but this is the only one I found.

As for the original topic of this thread. *bump*
    Last edited by Zylina; Jul 25th, 2002 at 11:13:49.

I don't think I encountered those problems. But it does acccount for the reasons people thought they lost IP in the IPR process.

I actualy noticed that cost for increasing skill was way higher then when you did so at lvl 1 (forgot to put the 4 points I needed in air vehicle during the IP reset, so I increased them later and noticed the cost).

As for knowing the difference I actualy wrote down my stats and skills before doing IP reset. Gimped is a very good description of the result, and put my MA in the freezer.

Bump for the good suggestion, I'd love to get rid of this ugly face and finally be able to wear my MKII hood without scaring people away.

Thumbs down Bumpage

As Ghostangel already posted, I have submitted the idea, so bumping this thread really doesn't hold that much of a point anymore.

Question

Care to give us any hint how much against it devs was, or if they might even consider the idea?

That's what happens when you don't read the full thread :P

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234