Thread: haveing a problem duel wielding

haveing a problem duel wielding

ok, my NT duel wields pistols. the other night i finally got the skill up to be able to upgrade my primary hand weapon. except that now i can't duel wield pistols. when ever i try to equip the second on, it kicks the first one into my inventory. i've tried it with my new gun and with the old gun. i've tried just about every way of putting them in that i can. is anybody else haveing this problem? would be nice to find out if it is just me

Mirkoth

I experienced something like this earlier too..

When this happened to me, it was because of equipping a primary weapon that was so high in skill requirements that I had to swap out one multi-ranged implant for a Pistol one. Lowering the multi-ranged skill below the limit to equip the second weapon. Equipping the new primary weapon would cause my secondary weapon to unequip, and similarly, switching implants after equipping the primary weapon in order to get the second weapon back on unequipped the primary weapon when I equipped the secondary weapon.

From what it looks like to me, you have to have enough skill to equip -both- the primary and secondary weapon, else one of them will unequip.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Yer, with multi weapons you need to remember that you must meet every single requirement on both weapons with one exception.

The multi-wield skill of the weapon in your off hand does not have to me met, only the one in your main (right) hand.

So, for example, I use 2x Rider Executioners.

With all the buffs available in use I meet all the requirements for both weapons, however the one with the lowest multi-melee skill requirement is the one that has to go in my Right Hand.
    I can equip the higher QL Rider into my main hand, but as soon as I try and place another weapon in oy off hand (even though I meet all the requirement on it) my mail weapon is automatically disarmed.

For that Reason I have to use a QL171 in my main hand and I'm currently using a QL185 in my off.

but only the main weapon changed

i didn't change any implants when i did this. and my previous character was a duel weilding enforcer. so i know that i need to meet all the requirements. i even did not right click the new gun. i left clicked my main hand gun out and left clicked the new gun in. i shouldn't be haveing a problem with this, but i am. coments from funcom?

Red, unless they changed this recently, you only needed to match the duel wield of the off hand weapon. if you need to match the higher number, then it doesn't make a lot of sense. you should be able to duel wield an equivalent level weapon in your off hand without a problem, if that was the case.

Mirkoth
    Last edited by Shamsheer; Aug 3rd, 2002 at 05:56:05.

your not going crayzy there is a bug on multiranged with alot of weapons (immagine that ), the weapon states it needs X multiranged to equip but it really needs X+1 or X+2 or so... just raise multiranged another couple points

figured it out

you now have to put the lower power weapon in your right hand. i went back and double checked my enforcer. he, at 30th level, is weilding a 45ql axe in his right hand and a 35ql axe in his left hand. i got my NT to be able to duel wield, but had to put the lower ql weapon in his right.

so now the big question, do the specials calculate with the left or right hand? i'm guessing the right if both weapons have the same special, but i'm not sure. but it seems to me an inadvertant bug has been placed in the duel wielding code. and i'll have to do some checking to figure out which hand if nobody knows.

Mirkoth