Premium IEC Flashpoint Laser Rifle
    http://auno.org/aodb.php?t=ag&cmd=view&id=124947

+

Absolute Concentration
    http://auno.org/aodb.php?t=ag&cmd=view&nano=1&id=160712

=

Crit on burst, fling & FA
    wouldnt that be like an instakill? I mean first FA for 5000dmg =
    40% cap then a burst for (I dont know what max is) and then a fling....

this sounds like a damn good alpha to me
    or the agent can use his AS too if he wants to do that

Re: AGENT PVP Instakill? (almost)

Originally posted by anything
    if an agent in pvp combines:

+

Absolute Concentration

=

And your point is?
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

don't know if you read the old bracers discussions we had but even that very best possible alpha with a flashpoint (or any other gunfor that matter) will only take a 8k health target down to ~77% if they got a shield and bracers on. Its near impossible to get an instakill in pvp now adays unless you pick on some level 75 newbie.
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

first off, burst has been nerfed and wont crit. those skills for an agent are dark blue, so not only is it only possible at very high lvls, but the best flashpoint we could hope to put on is probably (having not done the math) something like a 170, so our attack rating is going to suck, and with the defensive boost from the last patch thats a problem. and then if the person has two energy bracers on, which most people run with, the damage will be minimal anyway.
    Mattie, 209 GrandMaster OT Finalizer
    Agent Professional
    send me an email
    or visit us on irc.funcom.com

"For everything that works, there was a time when it didn't."

"Crit on burst, fling & FA
    40% cap then a burst for (I dont know what max is) and then a fling.... "

Actually ... That'd be a poor idea. Fling shot is the only ranged attack that is effected by crit buffs. All others have their own built in crit mods that are stat based and ignore crit buff nanos. Considering the cost of Burst, FA, and Assault Rifle for an agent to raise (being dark blue), you not only shoot yourself in the foot IP point-wise, but you will suffer from lower stats & attack rating, thus reducing the crit chances of your specials.

.V ...

Think about this one, what weapon would you switch to after a trader debuffs you?
    Millard "Zzzzzz" Peak - Adventurer
    And 5 other gimps too!

"I've never been so thirsty in my life!"
    - Half Baked

prolly could bring anyone down to 2k hp , except a fixer =x

That combo is far from as good as some ppl think. Its mostly good for getting a 10k FA in PvM, but even then the X-3 does about same dmg with no swapping with that crit buff.

As was pointed out burst is unaffected by 100% crit. You get a crit fling and FA. You dont have time to switch to anything else until total concentration has worn out, I have tested this.

Weapon switching in itself is a big disadvantage, if you get trader debuffed while wielding a flashpoint and you are in trouble.

Another issue is that agents have all very dark blue fling,burst,FA,AR,RE skills. And we can miss with 100% crit buff during the FA so its not a 100% thing (crits can be misses since 14.2). And with the real crappy atk rating agents can get with AR/RE based weapons that is almost guarranteed to happen. Not to mention this costs like 1.3-1.5mill ip to do. Its not worth it.

During a 100% crit buff you get 3x3500 dmg crit + a 3.5k - 10k AS PvM with X-3 for total of about 14 - 20.5k dmg. Flashpoint can at best give 2.7k fling + 100-4000burst + 10k FA beeing only a bit higher than worst case with X-3 but lower than best case.

Now that might sound nice PvM but in PvP its not, ppl have reflect bracers and buffs, in particular energy bracers because of the flashpoint so the 2.7k fling is suddenly 500dmg fling PvP and the x-3 crits for 700-800. The biggest dmg dealers in practice in PvP is MAs who change dmg type and have permanent 24% crit buff, now realize that and put the focus where it belongs.
    Last edited by Myga; Jul 25th, 2002 at 07:56:53.

Re: AGENT PVP Instakill? (almost)

Originally posted by anything
    if an agent in pvp combines:

+

Absolute Concentration

=

/me wonders why no one is doing it...maybe because its a bad idea that would suck bigtime

I play a good agent, Trust me this would NEVER NEVER work in a million years.

Your agent would have to be so gimped in other areas you would be a laughing stock. The skills are 2 hard with a agent, rifles baby, its all we got. (to be sensible about it).

Sorry its defo a no go.

Theotus - Agent rubi-ka 1

Originally posted by SoloSAN
    I play a good agent, Trust me this would NEVER NEVER work in a million years.

Your agent would have to be so gimped in other areas you would be a laughing stock. The skills are 2 hard with a agent, rifles baby, its all we got. (to be sensible about it).

Sorry its defo a no go.

Theotus - Agent rubi-ka 1
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=124327&t=ag