Thread: Loot bag

Loot bag

When doing solo missions, I have to manually put a lot of loot in my main inventory view into a backpack. Usually, even if I don't loot the stims and some treatment/nano kits, I still need 2 bags to hold my loot. At mid-level and up, this can get really annoying.

Two suggestions:

1. Add a new bag item called "Loot bag" and items that are picked up (not traded) automatically go in it. If there are multiple loot bags in the player's inventory, it fills up the first one, then the next.

2. Add a new icon in the "right-click-and-hold" menu for bags that says, "mark this bag as loot bag". If the bag icon changed with overlay picture of a pick-up action icon, that would be an icing on the cake. Obviously, there should be a "mark this as a normal bag" option as well.

Anyone else for loot bags?

Sounds good, if its easy to implement.
    C.M.O.T. Raymote - Loyal (They pay better) OmniTek Trader
    Omni-ECPCS

Rimmer: After intensive investigation, comma, of the markings on the alien pod, comma, it has become clear, comma, to me, comma, that we are dealing, comma, with a species of awesome intellect, colon.
    Holly: Good. Perhaps they might be able to give you a hand with your punctuation.

It would make my life easier. I'm currently sorting mission loot into two different bags - junk to be sold for scrap value, and stuff I want to keep. Needless to say, I rarely keep more than one or two pieces per mission, so a default swag bag would make life a lot easier.

Cheers,

~R~

Cool

What would be really nice (IMHO), would be to make the bags automatically sort the loot.
    As it is there are already different backpacks, one for weapons, one for clothing etc. It would be nice to make it so that when you pick up a weapon it gets added to your weapon (loot)bag.

I usually spend a few hours doing missions, or hunting the bosses and when I get back to town I spend another hours sorting through all the stuff I've picked up. Some of them I want to keep, so it would be nice to have them in a clearly marked bag already.
    It's easy to sit there and say you want more money. And I guess that's what I like about it. Sitting there, rocking back and forth, wanting that money.
    -----------------------------
    Myrdraal
    Ehlenia
    Alektca

Originally posted by Soyuz
    It would make my life easier. I'm currently sorting mission loot into two different bags - junk to be sold for scrap value, and stuff I want to keep. Needless to say, I rarely keep more than one or two pieces per mission, so a default swag bag would make life a lot easier.

Cheers,

~R~
    I do the exact same thing! But with the loot bag idea alone, we'd still have to go though the bags once we are out of the mission area.

So... what if we have generic loot bags and a new "pick-up item" action that would put the item in your loot bag?

Say this new "put item in loot bag" action is done by ... oh, I don't know ... Ctrl-LeftClick. Every time you open a chest and see some loot worth selling but not keeping, you can Ctrl-LeftClick on the item to put it in the loot bag. If you see a useful item, you can use the conventional LeftClick.

Since you really don't keep that much (or at least, I don't) how about a right-click-and-hold menu option added to items in chests and on corpses. Left click the item to have it hit the default loot bag, pick the menu option to drop it into your inventory.

Cheers,

~R~

Originally posted by Soyuz
    Since you really don't keep that much (or at least, I don't) how about a right-click-and-hold menu option added to items in chests and on corpses. Left click the item to have it hit the default loot bag, pick the menu option to drop it into your inventory.

Cheers,

~R~
    I thought about the "frequency of use" for each case as well. If we want to put 20 things straight into our inventory, it should be as easy as putting 20 things into the loot bag. IMO, right-click-hold menu is slow when you have more than 3 options in there.

The higher I get in levels, the more stuff I seem to sift through both in bags and in my inventory (especially with the new IPR system). We need a quick toggle between normal pickup and loot pickup, thus my suggestion about using the keyboard mask as a toggle.

Originally posted by Dionysus
    What would be really nice (IMHO), would be to make the bags automatically sort the loot.
    Great idea!

If a player only wants a generic loot bag, buying a plain bag and marking it as loot bag would do. If the player buys a weapons bag and a generic bag and mark both of them as loot bags, the weapons would go into the weapons bag and the rest into the generic bag.