Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Nerf Traders Now...

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    was playing my a gimp 217 nr2 soldier in BS today, could still cast any buff, still had stupidly high AR, reflects and HD, not to mention my evades was through the roof, can only imagine what its like at 220, with more ip and some implants... maybe even symbiants. now i see why soldiers have it so easy
    /fail

Drained traders can get something like 3.1k-3.2k nanoskills selfed (drains running), and divest is 90% to boot.

Imo drains need to be A LOT shorter for their current power. Three and a half minutes of such a heavy debuff from a fairly spammable nano isn't ok. The hostile part of divest should be 15s long and the hostile part of plunder should be 30s long.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Drained traders can get something like 3.1k-3.2k nanoskills selfed (drains running), and divest is 90% to boot.

Imo drains need to be A LOT shorter for their current power. Three and a half minutes of such a heavy debuff from a fairly spammable nano isn't ok. The hostile part of divest should be 15s long and the hostile part of plunder should be 30s long.
    I got alphas, 5 pieces of Scouts, finished research, max +nanoskill perks and such. I get 2500ish PM and TS with drains running.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

drop nr perk
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

I lol'd
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

yeah 3,2k is a good joke ... thats 500 more than what you actually can get, if you gimp yourself for nanoskills.

And traders start unbuffed ... so thats like 2100 ts/pm and in max def/ar setup it is like 1940 ts/pm. doesnt sound so ubar anymore does it ?
    Last edited by Larafina; Jan 10th, 2011 at 13:25:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I got alphas, 5 pieces of Scouts, finished research, max +nanoskill perks and such. I get 2500ish PM and TS with drains running.
    My MP has 2730ish MC/TS in my normal config and 2830ish MC/TS with a few swaps (and can self 3k in an impractical setup). But traders only reach 2500 drained? Odin's Other Eye + mochies = +260ish nanoskills while drains = +550 nanoskills and you have procs too. I know remod crats who can get 2400-2500 nanoskills.

My MP's setup: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=163811
    Last edited by Mountaingoat; Jan 10th, 2011 at 17:56:42.

^ That's a nice story. The truth is that even though traders are massively OPed and kill everyone all the time with just a look, their Nanoskills's aren't all that amazing, even when drained up. KTHX. Wrangleline is about right with those values.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jan 10th, 2011 at 20:56:48.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

My MP has 2730ish MC/TS in my normal config and 2830ish MC/TS with a few swaps (and can self 3k in an impractical setup). But traders only reach 2500 drained? Odin's Other Eye + mochies = +260ish nanoskills while drains = +550 nanoskills and you have procs too. I know remod crats who can get 2400-2500 nanoskills.

My MP's setup: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=163811
    where you went wrong was comparing different professions nanoskills to a traders own.

they also have the hp and rs of a enfo i heard, and heals of a doc.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

I agree, Mochams, Evade buffs, and Weapons buffs of all other classes should only last 30 seconds too.

Edit: I hope you know, that casting all drains (divest, plunder, AMS/DMS) on a target takes 12 seconds to begin with. If they land. When are we supposed to attack?
    Last edited by Shareida; Jan 10th, 2011 at 22:09:00.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

they should just be harder to land.

Was messing around with a tradeskill trader in BS the other day, to give you a clear picture of how bad it is I have to use a nanite enhanced divest first to ladder to the nanite improved ones lol.

Can land divest pretty much first try on ANYTHING. Roots, hardly ever get resisted, think I've only had one counter from some NT. Oh I've plundered pretty much everything I've landed divest on after 1-2 tries.

Seems to me drains have got some kind of special NR tag on them much like red tapes from crats since those seem to land on aything also.

where you went wrong was comparing different professions nanoskills to a traders own.
    Ok ran some numbers and found even with greater buff potential of trader drains, an MP gets 160ish more from base skill (comparing MC/TS of the MP to PM/TS of a trader) and around 150ish more from perks and LE lines. So 260+160+140=560 which is nearly the same as what a trader gets from drains. So MPs and traders seem about the same in nanoskill potential, without factoring in trader drain procs (potential +340 from those).

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    I agree, Mochams, Evade buffs, and Weapons buffs of all other classes should only last 30 seconds too.

Edit: I ???e you know, that casting all drains (divest, plunder, AMS/DMS) on a target takes 12 seconds to begin with. If they land. When are we supposed to attack?
    Keyword there was "hostile", since you missed it.

was playing my a gimp 217 nr2 soldier in BS today, could still cast any buff, still had stupidly high AR, reflects and HD, not to mention my evades was through the roof, can only imagine what its like at 220, with more ip and some implants... maybe even symbiants. now i see why soldiers have it so easy
    So you were casting ams3/iscj/aow/pnf (or close to given yor 217) with nr2?

Please stop now :P

(i played nr2 for six months, in same gear i have now, i couldnt buff the premium buffs nor could i cast anything higher than hmm, tmsX.)

Your stupidly high AR would of struggled to break 3k, which is not stupidly high AR!
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by mcnurja View Post
    just remove drains+roots from traders and give them more tradeskill buffs, a "trader" doesnt even sound like PVP profession..
    ..and delete wrangles too!

..dem twinkz wiff uba high weapons, wazzup wif dat? nerfnerfnerf
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

I think since divest is so easy to land, it shouldn't give the same reward as plunder. Maybe half the skill return of current and at least 1/3 less of a skill drain

this means landing plunder will actually be HARD and could force traders to think of other options instead of double drain>corp prot/indus sabo>pwn.

Keyword there was "hostile", since you missed it.
    Precisely. Whats the point of a debuff if it runs out before your recharge is over?
    Shareidah - First Order

Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Precisely. Whats the point of a debuff if it runs out before your recharge is over?
    Balance?

well trader got no good def, no good ar, absolutly no buffs, no good perks, not alot hp and not alot nano pool etc ....
    so if you take away the only thing that is better than avarage from trader, their debuffs, what do you think is left ?

if we really have a look who can kill trader we will find that over 50% of all proffessions have a fair chance to kill traders so go and bump nerf nt, adv threads please

as a side note i find drains annoying too when i play one of my other toons, but i can totally destroy traders on all of them if im not drained before i realize there is a trader and well if i dont realize that soon enough it was my bad and not the op toolset of the trader

we could make changes to drains that dont destroy traders like make the buff part last for 1h and the debuff part for 30 sec only and reduce recharge of drains bump up divest check to 100 or 110% and lower plunder check to 130%, remove all dam perks checking under 100% ... but let me guess you wouldnt like it either it is just to balanced so a trader might actually win against your proff.
    Last edited by Larafina; Jan 11th, 2011 at 16:52:45.

Balance?
    According to that, Full auto should disable attacking for 15 seconds.
    Shareidah - First Order

Your a beacon of logic arent you now
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast