Thread: dual Pistol and sword

dual Pistol and sword

Hello, an idea/suggestion -

Let folks equ a pistol and a sword. Thier would have to a comand that prevents this. Because it seems that as long as your got the multi skill (and any skills the weapon needs), you should be able to equ the "extra" weapon in your off hand.

But it won't allow you to use a Pistol and a sword.

Or create a 2 handed set. When when you equ it, you get a pistol in one, and a sword in the other hand. Make it fling/Fast attack special. and it needs pistol/1he to use. (ie a 2 handed weapon that when you equ, looks like a pistol/sword combo)

My guess is Advents would be all over this. (i know i would. thats the reason i don't play an adventure.. i want pistol/sword combo.

1. it would be pretty effective, i would think. the pistol for range work. and Both for when its time to get up close and personal.

2. Well, come on, i mean it just looks cool!

if you want real life example think of an explore wondering in the jungle, machett in one hand, pistol the other. Might not ever use the machett for anything other then chopping weeds. but it's nice to have if something jumps you.

anyway, just thought i'd mention it, in hopes that someone whoworks for funcom will go - What? i thought we allowed that. dang hang on.

Jazger
    -------
    Steppenrazor - 68 Nt, omni RK1
    Jazger - 29 fixer, omni RK1
    Baronsomeday - Advent, 6 omni RK1 (made to test if pistol/sowrd would work. everyone said No, but had to check.

It makes absolutely positively NO sense whatsoever that you can't use a ranged weapon and melee weapon as long as you meet at least either the MM req for the melee weapon OR the MR req for the ranged weapon. Currently, it seems you can't use them unless you meet BOTH the MR AND the MM.

Bump
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

I think funcom should close down the forums permanently if it doesn't respond to suggestions.

FYI...i believe that you used to be able to do a pistol/sword combo but this was considered a bug, and was removed from the game.

Originally posted by PipSlag (aka PipBoy)
    It makes absolutely positively NO sense whatsoever that you can't use a ranged weapon and melee weapon as long as you meet at least either the MM req for the melee weapon OR the MR req for the ranged weapon. Currently, it seems you can't use them unless you meet BOTH the MR AND the MM.
    I created a advent to try this. and it didn't work.

I have more then enf skill in multi-weail melee and range. (2 or 3 points for each.

I've got the normal skills the weapons need, again an easy 2 or 3 point sover if not more. but it won't let me equ both.

I put the sword in my right hand, and try to put the pistol in my left. Works, but the sword jumps out of my hand back to my inventry. Just like if i didn't have the skill.

But i do, on both weapons i meet or exced the regs by a ppint or 2.

now, my multi range is only a 35. (the gun needs a 30) and my multi melee is a 63 (sword needs a 60)

Mabye if i raise multi range to 60? it might work?

jazer

A friend of mine is an MP and we were testing out ideas of weapons for him to use. He has been using the staff/shield combo for a while now and now that he can use all his mocham's and everything he wants to switch to a gun.

Well I said maybe he should try Home Defender and Shield combo. That way he would get the benefit of the shield and only have to ditch the stupid dinky staff which sucks a fatty anyway. He meets the Multi-Melee requirement for his shield. He is aparently able to equip both as long as he meets the Multi Ranged requirement for the Home Defender it seems.

So far, we tried a Home Defender he had the shotgun skill AND the multi ranged skill for, and that worked. We tried a Bi-power that had weapon skills he met but not the multi-ranged. What we haven't tried yet though is a Home Defender where he meets the shotgun requirement but NOT the Multi Ranged requirement. So far I don't know if it is the the fact that the Bi-power has ranged specials, or the fact that he doesn't meet the multi-ranged requirements that causes him to be unable to use both the shield and the gun.

Oh yeah, just so you know, with the Home Defender that he met the Multi-Ranged requirement for, he was able to shoot it as well without the shield dropping.

ok this is getting odd. if sheild/gun works. Sword/gun should work.

The homedefender, is that pure shotgun? no fling, or any specials? (that might be it.. )

I meet all the regs for the weapons,

the only thing i don't meet - my Multi-range, is not high enf for the sword. But my multi-melee is.

Ie my multi-skills are high enf to be able to dual weild either item.

If i do 2 pistols, (the same type for easy use. ) i can dual equ them w/ no issue.

If i do 2 swords, i can dual weaild them with little issue,

but, when i try to do sword/gun. No go. Mabye i need to have my multi-range up high enf to it can cover the sword to.

(ie mabye you have to meet both multi-weild skills on both weapons. So trying to dual weaild a sword/gun.

If the sword had a 60 multi-melee reg. and the gun a multi-range reg of 30.

You would have to have both multis - range and melee meet that 60? both skills have to meet or exced the regs of the highest one? mabye thats what pipslag ment?

Will test later and post if it works. I'll also see if i can find a cheapo pistol w/ no specials. and test it..

longyen might be on to something w/ the specials. (might have some limiter that pervents you have fastattack and fling specials at same time or somehting.

either way, even if i can't use any specials, long as i can equ both a sword and pistol i'll be a happy man w/ my little adventure..

Jazger

a few patches back FC threw in the dualling-melee-and-ranged-weapons bug fix for free; near the time the IPR patch hit. when outraged posters asked why FC responded that it was always considered a bug and an overzealous programmer had fixed it on top of the other fixes for the patch.

---

interesting info Longyen.

i wanted to use a 1 handed gun and a microphone as an off hand weapon. this combo gives ranged attacks and allows for the use of the various melee special attacks the microphone requires.

gonna have to test this someday.

Originally posted by Thyrra
    a few patches back FC threw in the dualling-melee-and-ranged-weapons bug fix for free; near the time the IPR patch hit. when outraged posters asked why FC responded that it was always considered a bug and an overzealous programmer had fixed it on top of the other fixes for the patch.

---

interesting info Longyen.

i wanted to use a 1 handed gun and a microphone as an off hand weapon. this combo gives ranged attacks and allows for the use of the various melee special attacks the microphone requires.

gonna have to test this someday.
    neither the shield NOR the Home Defender have ANY special attacks.

Originally posted by Longyen

neither the shield NOR the Home Defender have ANY special attacks.
    ok, that might be the key. but finding a sword w/ no specials might be a bit hard.. hum..

jazger

chances are theres a bug, that would get the melee weapon shooting bullets and the ranged weapon being used as a club :P

.... wait... add some bullet animations to a katana model... that would look kinda cool.... only if the katana's animation was a full body swipe and the bullets shot off at half arc.... blue bullets too!

Originally posted by Jazger

ok, that might be the key. but finding a sword w/ no specials might be a bit hard.. hum..

jazger
    Tear blade is one. Khemo-tech Platinum Wakisashi is another. Last of all is "This Axe Belongs to Jack."

i tested with a q1 home defender and a q2 torch. no can do. the torch has specials, this might indeed be the key. i'll test again witha santiago blade, only 1he i think.

Originally posted by Borrace
    I think funcom should close down the forums permanently if it doesn't respond to suggestions.

FYI...i believe that you used to be able to do a pistol/sword combo but this was considered a bug, and was removed from the game.

I think you belive wrong, cause ive never seen it.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

I have been able to do this a long time ago in the past, using a rider exec and a "The original plasma emitter" both about QL10.

(but this was awhile ago)
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

just tested some more

q1 home defender, multi req: 22
    q3 platinum wakisashi, multi req: 63

no can do.

i even tried upping both multi melee and multi ranged to over 64 and could still not dual wield them. maybe there is something about MP sheilds that makes them special.

i had a spark of hope that there'd be something interesting to try out. oh well.

---

i recall dualing a melee and ranged weapon at one point with one of my early characters when i was experimenting. i'd always hoped to get back to it some day.

So - funcom how about it? can you put this in the game, i'm sure more would love to do this style.

if nothing else, create a 2 handed weapon that looks like a sword/pistol combo. give it, regs like - pistol #, 1he #, Fling # and FA #.

all in all it would be no more power full that a weapon that had FA, and Brawl. or something. Or Fling and burst.

you could even mix it up, Pistol/knife, Pistol/club SMG/club ect.

Anyway, my poor little adventure is shelved, i spent way to many IP on 1he, multi weild (both) and pistol to test this out, thier little or no hope of him not being uber Gimp. worth a short, cost nothing but time.

dang shame too. such a nice style, and so fitting to the adventure. You can bett i'll be watching the patchs hopeing some kind Dev sees this and say - you know he's got a point. and it wouldn't be hard. lets add it in!

Jazger
    ---------
    Steppenrazor - lvl 74 NT, omni - NS mk1 by 80, or well dang it, i'll have to keep trying!
    Jazger - 37 Fixer.

Ok more testing results with Home Defender and Shield

Ok it seems that when he tried to equip a Home Defender he had the shotgun skill for but not the Multi Ranged, it didn't work. However he did it when I was offline and I'm not sure what order he put them on. I'm positive that has meaning. We were going to try something else but he was in a mission and I was too tired to wait, so I went to sleep instead. Here is the theory with the shield and Home Defender combo.

If you put on the Shield first, then the Home Defender, it will check the muilti ranged req of the Home Defender against your Multi Ranged skill. If you do not meet the req, it will then check the Shield against your Multi Ranged (not your Multi Melee). If you put the Home Defender on first and then the shield, it will check your Shield against your Multi Melee first and if you don't meet that it will check the Multi Ranged req of the Home Defender against your Multi Melee. It's pretty screwy. I know for a fact that the Home Defender that he had the Multi Ranged skill for he was able to equip with the shield AND fire it and keep both equipped.