Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Mongo Rage

Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post
    The problem with MR is it allows you to go absolutely full out def setup, while still having the MR to perk just about anyone.
    This.

And yes, MA's on average(from my 3 years of PVP experience) will die to a MR perk alpha about 70-80% of the time. If the full alpha is used (ie, specials, perks, dimach or swap), chance goees to about 95%.

I can only remember successfully defending a MR alpha from skilled PVPer's less than 10 times.

Basicly, if u go full def setup, on my shade thats 2,7k ar + 1500 thats 4,2k ar, that already means i cant perk other decently equipted shades in dof, fixers in limber, crats i can just barely perk, but perk non the less if they dont have overrule or anything of that kind up and MAs with dof. Not gonna mention advys cuz they r op and deserves to die.

To make MR efficient u need to go full ar setup, or else ur gonna fail, at least as a shade.

Oh and MA with unstunnable perked are actually pretty hard to alpha unless they are extremely low hp, since they can heal and pop defs mid alpha, if they are paying attention ofc.

But if u all want MR gone so badly i wont object, remove it for all i care Just wanted to point out that it ain't that ridiculous OP 1-win-button everyone thinks it is.

It seems to go like this: Ppl who've played with MR or tried it out realizes that it ain't as OP as they thought, and ppl who only been a victim to it thinks its incredible OP and thinks every1 can walk around in full med-suit and kill every1. I've been a victim to MR ganks alot of times, on my crat i can usually survive them if iam paying attention, and on my shade i can survive if i got my coon up.
    Last edited by Burgly; Oct 29th, 2010 at 03:52:52.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Quote Originally Posted by Burgly View Post
    Basicly, if u go full def setup, on my shade thats 2,7k ar + 1500 thats 4,2k ar, that already means i cant perk other decently equipted shades in dof, fixers in limber, crats i can just barely perk, but perk non the less if they dont have overrule or anything of that kind up and MAs with dof. Not gonna mention advys cuz they r op and deserves to die.

To make MR efficient u need to go full ar setup, or else ur gonna fail, at least as a shade.

Oh and MA with unstunnable perked are actually pretty hard to alpha unless they are extremely low hp, since they can heal and pop defs mid alpha, if they are paying attention ofc.

But if u all want MR gone so badly i wont object, remove it for all i care Just wanted to point out that it ain't that ridiculous OP 1-win-button everyone thinks it is.

It seems to go like this: Ppl who've played with MR or tried it out realizes that it ain't as OP as they thought, and ppl who only been a victim to it thinks its incredible OP and thinks every1 can walk around in full med-suit and kill every1. I've been a victim to MR ganks alot of times, on my crat i can usually survive them if iam paying attention, and on my shade i can survive if i got my coon up.
    pretty much this. apart from the full AR setup needed for a shade - a hybrid slightly AR focussed setup works fine. but full def + MR is crap because you are relying on MR to kill everything that isn't a doc / engie / sold.

an answer from the dev's on the duration of "Affected by Mongo Fury" would make a huge difference in this arguement.

this exactly!
    Rk1:
    Lothaire
    Rk3:
    Lothaire and lots of other toons

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    This.

And yes, MA's on average(from my 3 years of PVP experience) will die to a MR perk alpha about 70-80% of the time. If the full alpha is used (ie, specials, perks, dimach or swap), chance goees to about 95%.

I can only remember successfully defending a MR alpha from skilled PVPer's less than 10 times.
    NO, I think you numbers are a bit off, They should be 57.6%, pi^i% and e/google times, respectively.

LAWL when people invent their statistics, which aren't really relevant to the argument anyways. Perhaps you are actually doing well vs. MR with those numbers.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

*statistics*
    Everyone need's to stop this "crat's are barely perkable crap"
    w/o DB buff, OBs, or towers, a full def crat caps out at no higher than 3.9k.

A full AR shade can hit that fully drained.
    many professions can come close to that in a full ar setup.
    +1500 is overkill for everything except fixers (who are working as intended)

evade professsions as a whole are almost immune to mr w/ cib up (which has a 10 minute recharge.)
    mr has a 2 1/2 minute recharge.
    do the math
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post

lol, not even soldiers reach 3.9k ar with all possible stuff, where do you get your funny numbers from?
    Rk1:
    Lothaire
    Rk3:
    Lothaire and lots of other toons

OH wow, one profession in a specific setup can hit a crat in a specific setup? yeah, nerf that MR ZhiT OMG!!!

+1500 is overkill for everything except fixers (who are working as intended)

evade professsions as a whole are almost immune to mr w/ cib up (which has a 10 minute recharge.)
    mr has a 2 1/2 minute recharge.
    do the math
    So with DB buff osbs and towers u can hit that and therefor u are unperkable, seems like only a lazyness not to do so if it would save u from ALL THOSE MR GANKS right? So a full ar shade can get 3,9k ar, thats true with full offensive spirits, fully drained and with APF prof ur perkable, thats like .. 1 in a millionth chance thats ever gonna happen? and even if the shade was running around in a full off setup he would be rooted before he even got close to u, and if he droped cib for sd to gain some root immunity he'd die before aoe fear ended -.- So yes, MR is massivly OP because ur LAZY and not paying attention, THATs why u fall a victim to it.
    RK
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

So with DB buff osbs and towers u can hit that and therefor u are unperkable, seems like only a lazyness not to do so if it would save u from ALL THOSE MR GANKS right? So a full ar shade can get 3,9k ar, thats true with full offensive spirits, fully drained and with APF prof ur perkable, thats like .. 1 in a millionth chance thats ever gonna happen? and even if the shade was running around in a full off setup he would be rooted before he even got close to u, and if he droped cib for sd to gain some root immunity he'd die before aoe fear ended -.- So yes, MR is massivly OP because ur LAZY and not paying attention, THATs why u fall a victim to it.
    So A shade should just DB Buffs, OBs, and towers and perk me anyway right? Paper Pvp > Real Pvp
    Secretly Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    OH wow, one profession in a specific setup can hit a crat in a specific setup? yeah, nerf that MR ZhiT OMG!!!
    Any profession with MR Can.
    Many FULL ar professions can.
    Stop living in your world of paper pvp.
    Secretly Clan

Any profession with MR Can.
    Yup, I think that's the point of MR. I think it's funny to see people argue for MR nerf without realizing it's purpose. Not sure if that's people's wishful bliss or just dumb, but it's clear that MR is there so that Atrox can hit evade classes.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 31st, 2010 at 05:44:24.

So A shade should just DB Buffs, OBs, and towers and perk me anyway right? Paper Pvp > Real Pvp
    I have done my fare shade of crat pvp and i can avoid MR ganks most of the time if iam paying attention. So seems the problem lyes with you not MR, practice with a friend or do more BS whatever, just dont fill the forums with posts about how easymode MR is and u can wear med-suit and 200 imps and pwn everybody, because thats not true and u know it.

Oh and there are far more aad/evade buffing then ar buffing in this game, basicly when AS is "rebalanced" what do evaders have to fear? regulars hits and 40s specials ? nope, MR used wisely by a skilled player.
    Last edited by Burgly; Oct 31st, 2010 at 08:23:18. Reason: edited out a part that made very little sense to even me :/ nerf posting late.
    RK
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Shade excluded, not every profession needs to be able to perk somebody to beat them.

Crats are in a difficult place because of this. Crats dont have much more evades than an adventurer, yet an adventurer has a ton more healing, absorbs, and survivability in general.

Crats are a bit better off than defensive MA/Shades. Dof/Limber is far more reliable due to its recharge but crats do have better CC here so its the trade off.

Fixers have much higher def than crats, hots, and a CC toolset that is roughly on par with crats in general mass pvp excluding calms. Crats have int debuffs, fixers have a much bigger alpha.

The point being, minus shades who would have a much more difficult time, not being able to perk someone does not mean you can't kill them. An enforcer who can't perk me will still kill me if i stand toe to toe. Same can be said for several high AR professions crat's are not kiting. MR is not needed to kill any evader in game. It makes a ton a easier (bar fixers who are balanced in funcoms eyes.) You just need to stop playing paper pvp and try try testing things in game.

edit: in regards to your more AAD/AR stuff in game, just look at top numbers achievable. Evades professions have to be able to resist some, if not most perks, otherwise evades are useless which is common sense. With 80% pistol checks disappearing, AR focused Crats/def adventurers will take a much needed nerf, and these two evade professions will actually have to chose between an AR or a DEF setup. No more of this having the best of both world nonsense with easymode aimed shot. Fixers need some looking into as well being unperkable and perking everything except evaders themselves. Fixers going full AR are still unperkable by everyone except MR. thats not balanced.
    Last edited by Hellrule; Oct 31st, 2010 at 08:52:27.
    Secretly Clan

MR does exactly what it was intended to do. What it was intended to do is stupid. Evades need adjusted. That is all.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Shade excluded, not every profession needs to be able to perk somebody to beat them.
    No they dont, i was just pointing out that MR aint as OP as every1 makes it out to be and it can be avoided if put some effort into it instead of just asking for a nerf/rework.

Crats are in a difficult place because of this. Crats dont have much more evades than an adventurer, yet an adventurer has a ton more healing, absorbs, and survivability in general.
    advys got about the same def as a endgame crat when in dof as the crat does static (ofc different setups and stuff can bring numbers above and below, talking generaly) give or take a 100 def or so. We all know advys got too much def too combined with their firepower, and hopefully this will get adjusted.

Crats are a bit better off than defensive MA/Shades. Dof/Limber is far more reliable due to its recharge but crats do have better CC here so its the trade off.
    Agreed.

Fixers have much higher def than crats, hots, and a CC toolset that is roughly on par with crats in general mass pvp excluding calms. Crats have int debuffs, fixers have a much bigger alpha.
    Crats got more reliable dmg tho (pets, nukes) then fixers with spike dmg, can be argued what's best and how reliable pet is vs. evaders.

The point being, minus shades who would have a much more difficult time, not being able to perk someone does not mean you can't kill them. An enforcer who can't perk me will still kill me if i stand toe to toe. Same can be said for several high AR professions crat's are not kiting. MR is not needed to kill any evader in game. It makes a ton a easier (bar fixers who are balanced in funcoms eyes.) You just need to stop playing paper pvp and try try testing things in game.
    1hb/1he Enfs with MR is just laughable as it stands now with a million stuns, fear, low checking perks, decent ar, decent def and even 2 specials that will most likely cap dmg on u. Then again 1hb/1he enfs with MR are most likely gimps anyways, good enfs can alpha u without so doesnt rly matter.

edit: in regards to your more AAD/AR stuff in game, just look at top numbers achievable. Evades professions have to be able to resist some, if not most perks, otherwise evades are useless which is common sense. With 80% pistol checks disappearing, AR focused Crats/def adventurers will take a much needed nerf, and these two evade professions will actually have to chose between an AR or a DEF setup. No more of this having the best of both world nonsense with easymode aimed shot. Fixers need some looking into as well being unperkable and perking everything except evaders themselves. Fixers going full AR are still unperkable by everyone except MR. thats not balanced.
    I cant see anywhere where u contradict my post about surviving MR so iam guessing u figured out its possible and actually not that hard for a crat, how good crats are compared to other profs in pvp is an entirely different matter tho.

I dont see why i felt the need to quote and post stuff about your post, most likely just boredom, as i dont disagree with most of what your saying, but its not really related to MR as it is to other profs and their toolset in general, every prof got its own toolset and u got to work with what you got :P Find a way to beat something that u feel is OP and u cant win against, practice with friends or on BS and in duels, and u will learn to counter and beat it, most of the time (Not true for every tool in this game, but works against most)

Enough scrabbling, off to bed.
    Last edited by Burgly; Oct 31st, 2010 at 09:44:28.
    RK
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Quote Originally Posted by Burgly
    No they dont, i was just pointing out that MR aint as OP as every1 makes it out to be and it can be avoided if put some effort into it instead of just asking for a nerf/rework.
    Because they put a lot of effort into 'earning' that 1500 AR they deserve by pricking 1 breed with essentially no disadvantages...

You guys need towels in here? I was heading out to the store, and thought I'd lend a hand.

The tears are flooding out of my computer screen.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Yup, I think that's the point of MR. I think it's funny to see people argue for MR nerf without realizing it's purpose.
    The purpose of triples was to destroy low HP setups, and look that's being removed! Hurf durf
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    The purpose of triples was to destroy low HP setups, and look that's being removed! Hurf durf
    that wasn't its only purpose There were other things that went into that can of worms.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast