Thread: Crime everywhere, but no punishment?

Lightbulb Crime everywhere, but no punishment?

A couple of questions leading up to an idea...

Opps! ok, here it is!

an·ar·chy:
    1. Absence of any form of political authority.
    2. Political disorder and confusion.
    3. Absence of any cohesive principle, such as a common standard or purpose.

This is more of a question of philosophy, what is anarchy
    without laws to rebel against, what is rebellion without
    injustuce? Without a group of people who belive in the power of
    law, there is no such thing as anarchy. What we have on rubi-ka
    is just a bunch of people doing what they want because there is
    no oganization telling them what they shouldn't do. People know
    they shouldn't attack shop keepers, because they are stronger
    than any mob in the wilds, or dungeons. but, doesn't that take
    away from something? we have the sentinels who attack any
    omni dumb enough to walk into their visual range, and omni-pol
    who attack any clanners who wander into their sight. Fine,
    dandy, hell, nessecary (uber <insert string of obscenties here>
    smacking around newbies is just plain WRONG) but is that all
    there is? anarchy is meaningless if there is noone to enforce law,
    like in omni-1 you have signs like "No Running!" but is some omni
    pol drone gonna shoot at you for it? ... no. for fixers, they say
    hacking the grid's data stream is illegal, but are you going to get
    re-routed into the hands of a slayerdroid for doing it? ... nope.
    Theres a 10 most wanted list for Clan, Neut, And Omni but are
    these people going to be treated any different by security npcs?
    err... as far as i know, NO! they're going to get shot at just like
    the rest of us, but chances are they might kill the npc just for
    trying. Shoot at a shop owner, shopowner kills you. shoot at
    security npc whos on your side, well, your just going to get killed
    once, and then they forget about you. Accept an illegal mission,
    its not like omni-pol or the sentinels are going to be waiting
    outside (or even INSIDE) for you

Why can't there be a 4th side to all of this? an umbrella
    organization that tries to enforce galatic law in Every territory.
    That will plant fake missions to lure the people on the most
    wanted list to their arrest and imprisionment, so friends and allies
    can have some fun trying to secure them an early release, or to
    have them try and fail horribly? That will plant fake rares in shop
    terminals when a certain person uses it, and if the person buys it,
    its going to A: take the person's money, and B: plant a nano bug
    on said person! A group that can booby trap grid termnials to
    send One person to a special "Grid Cell", untill "They" can collect
    said criminal?! Not knowing if your going to get ambushed
    walking to that next mission door?
    A side full of real people with "interesting" special ablities. I
    know that Sometimes a Very Red <whatever> hired killer spawns
    in missions, but I want so much more, I want to be stoped on the
    street and questioned, I want to be rooted if i try to run away, I
    want to have my reckless digitization canceled if I try to escape. I
    want to have a group of people that piss off BOTH sides! or hell,
    even make special divisions of the clan army and omni-tek, (and
    NO i don't want it to be angent only)

I'll be honest, I'm a hardcore fixer, and i love the class, but
    what i want is something better than what im getting, a world
    that i actually have to keep looking left and right for that group of
    people to come rushing from the shadows, i want to be able to
    hack the computers that appear in the missions, and find
    something that will fetch me even More money and exp. i want
    to be able to break into OTHER people's apartments, and
    accidentally leave some small piece of evidence that proves i was
    there, then get forceably arrested and punished!

come ON now!
    not one of you can say you wouldn't like something like this!!
    PLEASE someone from funcom!! PLEASE READ!

*sigh* yes i know... i am a long winded pucker...

I just wish that they in adition to the current PvP zones could a some system where single persons would be open to attack verywhere (not allowed to attack unless fired upon of course!).

A lot of issues that have to be dealt with out of game could then instead be dealt with ingame. And its always better to deal with stuff ingame!

Damn, too long for me to read, I just ask Esmee baby to tell me what it was about when she get online
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Basically that's sorta along the lines of what I was thinking recently. Why not allow bounty hunting? The more pvp kills someone has factoring in their level, the greater the reward. And allow the bounty and the hunter to fight in 75% gas. Would make very interesting.. Would suck if your that person, but imagine being in 75% gas grouped with a clan (if your omni) or vice-versa, and knowing the person is clan or omni and not realizing they're a wanted killer. Only to find out later that that person was one of the most dangerous people in rubi-ka. Some rules would have to be put in play though, as this scenerio could happen:
    *player runs to omni camp*
    *player gets in group*
    *player notices clan player
    *player has no idea the clan is a wanted fellon but player attacks anyway; player connects; player is surprised; player now know clan member is a fellon*

The rule would have to force people to be "up" on the wanted list in order to perform bounty hunting services, and I think to make it not completely unfair to the person being shot at is to make it so the death doesn't count to their pvp title, after all they still are dangerous. But on the side note I think the person (if successful), killing the dangerous person should get it counted towards a title, as they did successfull take out a known felon. There's alot of little issue that I'm probably forgetting but if they could work it out, I think it would add for a very interesting addition.

I'm all for them adding in new things to do. I love it when they fix stuff, but also would like to see new game abilities. For instance, (sorry Funcom for mentioning it ) Neocron. It allows you to invest in stocks. Now that's a pretty neat idea. The ability to invest in say Harry's or (*insert clan store* sorry clanners; main's not a clan don't know inner clan zones/stores). I think it'd be interesting because then they do stuff like this: suppose omni and clan had a small war (right now it seems like a coldwar instead of a war). FC could up the stocks in all weapons omni and clan. And possibly med supplies.

There's alot of other really neat stuff thet could add in, just a shame there always under the gun to get something fixed. I'd rather stuff get fixed, but a shame nonetheless.

EDIT: btw did I beat arstic in length? hehe I think I did WOOT! Backflip! Forum level 2 hehe what!? I gotta get to 5k characters now? damn that's gonna take a while..

--------------------------------------------
    ;runs with mission leader a room ahead of those falling behind
    *BOOM* *insert whinney rollerrat noise here*

"heh I heard that! Gotta check for traps " -- Stakfallt

EDIT: This blank empty posting space was edited to create the post

Stakfallt 117 nt proud member of the omni-scum corp.
    dentonjc 5 agent proud member of the omni-scum corp.
    drkarvorkian 5 doctor proud member of the omni-scum corp.
    hieivincent 6 ma proud member of the omni-scum corp.
    1 or 2 other alts. also proud members of the omni-scum corp.
    Last edited by StakFallT; Jul 26th, 2002 at 16:31:10.

my 2 cents

I think if you attack a guard or are attacked by a guard you should be an open target for anyone else in the area.

I.E. Clanner walks into Omni-Ent, guard spots him announces he'll regret comming here

Then make it open season on that clanner. Any one can attack him so long as he stays in Ent. If he zones back to a clan area he'll be fine.

Just a thought... WTH do i know

Your right.....

Your right, there needs to be a system for law and order on this planet. Some kind of penalty for law breakers. This would add another element to the game that would allow players to generate somthing to do besides the average missions and such.

I like the idea of bountyhunting as a bonus for the person(s) upholding law for whomevers side.

Funcom had plans for this but I heard they scrapped the idea. I think this was a bad move that works against roleplay.

I had a post a month or so ago that tried to deal with this issue but from a different angle. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=33821

We need a system for law and order. If they had a system for law and order I would support 0% suppression throughout all of the world.

Grimmtooth, I completely agree with your linked post. There *should* be penalities for attacking one's own side and what not. I also think the idea of a token hit makes perfect sense. You do good, via mission, your rewarded a token, do bad via attaking or anything darogatory against your own side; you get penalized a token. I think alot of good idea have been posted between these 2 forums, (the one you linked, and the one were in now) we should try to get this bumped and get them to look into it again. Adding this in would create a more realistic world. Real-life has consequencies and rewards based on what you do, I don't see any reason why an online simulation of real life (even if it is futuristic and not even same planet) should be any different.

Your exactly right about it giving people somthing to do.. Right now I'm so focused on leveling and powering up my character that I haven't hit boredom stage yet, but I know once I get to 200 it'll hit, and it'll hit HARD as I won't want to run missions anymore and the only thing left to do is pvp which has no direct impact on the world except that you get a title. Ok so I goto meetmedere or elsewhere.. great.. Now what's the diference between that and other games (where there's also 3 sides going at it set back years ago [trying hard to not say what game I'm referring to])? Nothing except one's (AO) a heck of alot more futuristic and uses weapons & nanos, and the other uses weapons and spells.

Right now asside form what Funcom makes/sets as the story line there is no way of changing it. For instance, I would like to see Philip Ross roaming around HQ up some balcony way up top in some building, or possibly occasionally flying in a yalm and pulling up to a docking station with a ton of guards getting out first. Or seeing Henry (can't remember his last name, sorry clanners ) walking around the inside of Tir. It's all possible, and all easily done, as I'm sure hte engine is not only capable of doing scripts (as the Alvin and Dodga quests proove), but also capable of dynamic spawning (bodyguards, main headfigures). And it wouldn't really matter too much if they're killed as all of Rubi-Ka has insurance technology. It would really make it feel that the story is directly in correspondance with the game. Right now they say this is the story, but yet you look around and you wouldn't know it if they didn't say it.

--------------------------------------------
    ;runs with mission leader a room ahead of those falling behind
    *BOOM* *insert whinney rollerrat noise here*

"heh I heard that! Gotta check for traps " -- Stakfallt

EDIT: This blank empty posting space was edited to create the post

Stakfallt 117 nt proud member of the omni-scum corp.
    dentonjc 5 agent proud member of the omni-scum corp.
    drkarvorkian 5 doctor proud member of the omni-scum corp.
    hieivincent 6 ma proud member of the omni-scum corp.
    1 or 2 other alts. also proud members of the omni-scum corp.
    Last edited by StakFallT; Jul 27th, 2002 at 02:48:17.