Thread: Question about how skills are dependant on abilities

Question about how skills are dependant on abilities

Lets take an imagined skill that is based %50 agility, %20 strength, %30 sense. If you had 100 agility, 50 strength, and 100 sense, you would get a value of 50 + 10 + 30 = 90. In what way would this affect your proficiency in the skill? Obviously a higher value is more important, but how is each skill affected by the value derived from abilities? Is there a different equation for each skill that shows how the value is factored in?

For instance, I want to know what would have a greater impact on character performance; an enforcer atrox with high strength and damage, or an enforcer opifex with high evasion skills and good dual wielding ability. This is where knowing how abilities affect skills becomes useful.

I'm sure someone already explained it on these boards already, but here it goes anyway. For every 4 points in a particular ability you get 1 point in a skill that is 100% dependant on that ability.

So in your case it would be 22.5 extra points.

http://www.ao-zone.com/AnarchySkills.html

or color coded and interactive for opifex.

NOTE: you will need IE 4.01 or higher and MS Office Web Components for later
    postcount++

If a skill depends 100% on one ability, you get one skill point from every 4 points that ability is raised.
    Example: Solitus start with 6 Int, 0 CompLit. CompLit is 100% Int. A solitus with 406Int, if he never put IP into CompLit, will have 100 in that skill. It i easily demonstrated. Cast Int boost (+12) on yourself - you'll see CompLit go up 3 pts. Run al 6 boosts, and every single skill goes up by 3.

When something depends on several abilities, take a weighted sum.
    Suppose you are solitus (6 in every ability from start)
    100agi, 50str, 100sense means +94agi, +44tr, +94sense.
    If skill is 50% agi, 20% str and 30% sense, your abilities will give you (94x0.5 + 44x0.2 + 94x0.3) / 4 = 21 in that skill.

Note: Krneki might be more correct, and the initial ability might factor into the skill too. Would have to start a new char to check that. If that so, it would be (100x0.5 + 50x0.2 + 100x0.3)/4 = 22.5
    Last edited by Sigyn; Jul 24th, 2002 at 20:56:12.
    Elizabet 'Sigyn' Dartt, Master 5th Dan
    Serving the Corporation as I see fit

Missing something.

Each skill is also Capped based upon the Ablity it's depandacies are based upon, best represented by resurection shock, since the only thing that is reduced by the shock itself is the primary abilities, and skills are only reduced in responce to this. while im not sure of the formula for skill caps, for a smg/mg for instance in a opifex fixer (heh, guess what I am :P. ) one point in str raises the cap by one point, so i would guess, in a 100% dependant skill, like comp lit, you would get a 2.5 point increase in the cap, per one point of inteligence... but of course, when this is factored out, you come up with a 1000 comp lit cap... actually... *reasearches real quick* thats about right, since nothing in the game requires more than 961 comp lit.. but there are a few pure smgs that requre around 1041 smg... very interesting indeed

The max cap for skills is 2 points of skill per every weighted 100% of base abilities. Easiest to test on bodydev, since you raise it just about every level. "Base abilities too low", add 1 stamina, able to raise 2 more bodydev, "base abilities too low" ...

edit:
    Note:

PURE skill max cap. Not the end result of pure skill + base ability bonus...