Thread: khealer Sleeves for omni = exploit?

khealer Sleeves for omni = exploit?

Saiban told me that was one of FC's reason for banning him? WTF?!

Well, it is in form with the description of those sleeves
    i mean :

It is strictly private property. Any other OT employee trying to wear it, will be jailed, fined and lose his or her OT privileges. In severe cases even exiled from the planet.

So i guess wearing them gets you really exiled :P

I doubt that wearing them alone would get you banned, but intertwined with other offenses probably doesn't help...
    ~Chris

wearing sleeves isnt an exploit.... keeping your tokens is, so there are about 15 high lvl omni that should be banned too : (
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Angry

FC exploited players by not telling them omni soldiers are destined to be crap compared to clan soldiers. Heck, there should be a warning "if you want to use assault rifles effectively, choose clan".

Those sleeves are bullsh*t.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Well, saiban said thats one of the reasons hes banned, wearing sleeves as a omni.

WTF FC? WTF? CRAZY!

Gm longshot EXACT qoute

"No that is not an exploit. if someone from funcom says that it is, please refer them to me"

this after i asked him if omni wearing khaelar was exploit. it isnt. period.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

First of all I think those sleeves are POS that give Clan Soldier a bit too much advantage compared to Omni soldier but I can live with it.

Second, every item with side restriction should automatically either go 100% OE or pop to inventory when your side doesnt match the requirements. After all, you do fail the requirements by 100% right? Perhaps best would be 100% OE flag.

I personally think its stupid that there are Clanners wearing Omni armor and that there are Omni's wearing Kaehler Sleeves.

Now, if my suggestion would be used about OE flag, things would be much better but ONLY IF this applies to all obviously Clan, obviously Omni equipment. Yes, this includes Omni-Tek MED suits which give Treatment bonuses of which Clanners shouldnt get at all in my opinion and which should be Omni-Tek only.

Zarch and da chars (Omni-Tek) and yes, I have soldier too...

fine ill give up med suits. As long as omni are forced to wear uniforms and not wear the armor they want like funcom says

http://download.anarchy-online.com/game/sides.html

oh and btw med suits = skill bonus = clans

I see you didn't mention the ot rings though. I know quite a few enforcers who want to go omni to equip those rings but dont for the same reason many omni dont go clan for khealar

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    Well, hes banned, wearing sleeves as a omni.

WTF FC? WTF? CRAZY!
    I think a key phrase here is
    saiban said thats one of the reasons
    so, apparently, there is more than one reason for this.

And from a technical point, those sleeves have "clan" as a requirement. If you use a method to ignore requirements on an item when equipping it (using a bug to accomplish it) you [b]are[/] per definition exploiting. So, yes, omni's wearing those sleeves ARE exploiting.

If that alone should be enough to be banned, I don't know. But it wasn't this one thing, was it? Play with fire, and you will be burnt.

Second, every item with side restriction should automatically either go 100% OE or pop to inventory when your side doesnt match the requirements.

The means are available to do this.
    If Funcom wanted to put playfield checks on side specific items, they would have. Much like they do with token boards.

Since they haven't put such a requirement on Kaehler Uniform Sleeves, it cannot be considered an exploit if an Omni is wearing them.

And from a technical point, those sleeves have "clan" as a requirement. If you use a method to ignore requirements on an item when equipping it (using a bug to accomplish it) you are per definition exploiting. So, yes, omni's wearing those sleeves ARE exploiting.

Switching to Clan to equip the sleeves, then switching back to Omni is not an exploit.
    I dunno, maybe Siaban did use an exploit to equip them... but an Omni wearing Kaehler Sleeves is not an exploit at all.

Saiban told me that was one of FC's reason for banning him? WTF?!

Siaban probably got caught exploiting and made up some bogus story about the sleeves in a patehtic attempt to make Funcom look bad.
    Last edited by Miir; Jul 23rd, 2002 at 15:29:36.

hmm...

Well if i wanted to forfeit a 1k token board to wear some sleeves i say so be it. I mean by the level you need to get the sleeves on you would have to have close to a 1k board, unless there is some way to store tokens that i dont know of or save your boards when changing over.

I think the lose of a token board would be a huge payment for the sleeves.
    Biffatnugly 200 Enforcer
    ->Stats 150 Engineer
    Jadeivy 98 Doctor
    Jamms 40 Keeper
    Zipsky 20 Martial-Artist

Originally posted by Mercatura
    FC exploited players by not telling them omni soldiers are destined to be crap compared to clan soldiers. Heck, there should be a warning "if you want to use assault rifles effectively, choose clan".

Those sleeves are bullsh*t.
    I feel the same way. Why doesn't the clan counter-part drop the same thing? No instead they spit on Omni soldiers and give the clan guy some crap gun.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I'm so done with c*ap like this.

--Jitta - RK2