Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: make RRFE self only

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    i agree, make everything self, self heals? great no more pocketing, self RI? great people with less evades, all you are doing here is helping me, thx :P
    This includes all the buffs you get on your NR8 Soldier.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Hmmm the more I think about it, the more I like the idea tbh. Let everyone keep the 13% reflect graft, and have soldiers (and engs) be able to OB people up to a maximum of around ~15% reflect (or w/e nano is closest to that). Eng/Sold team reflect aura could still buff 24% and 28% respectively, as those are short and require someone to be near and catch a pulse from the eng/sold every few minutes.
    I support this. If people want big reflects, force them to team. Nobody can argue that soldier/engineer reflects don't change the nature of the fight drastically. And I think that if you want that kind of bonus, you should have to be in a team to receive it.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    I support this. If people want big reflects, force them to team. Nobody can argue that soldier/engineer reflects don't change the nature of the fight drastically. And I think that if you want that kind of bonus, you should have to be in a team to receive it.
    Ok so if people want reflects, they team and run in a pack, instead of having RRFE with the option to run solo.

This changes the ability to kill a target how, exactly? Apart from making it EVEN HARDER because no one is likely to run alone unless there's no Soldiers around and the targets being bitched about in this thread by the OP will only lose 2% reflects, while gaining friends.

It's a stupid whine thread.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    It's a stupid whine thread.
    The purpose of this thread is to get people to interact with eachother and promote teamwork, rather than getting a bunch of buffs and then running around like a rockstar. Consider some of the profs that are already difficult to take down solo. Some profs require multiple people to take them down with any regard to a time table. Giving them 30% reflect and then letting them loose makes killing them that much more difficult. And the kicker is, the guy who buffed them doesn't even have to interact with the player you're trying to kill beyond clicking on him and pressing a button. And he could have done that 45 minutes ago.
    Waiting for a cure.

The purpose of this thread is to get people to interact with eachother and promote teamwork, rather than getting a bunch of buffs and then running around like a rockstar. Consider some of the profs that are already difficult to take down solo. Some profs require multiple people to take them down with any regard to a time table. Giving them 30% reflect and then letting them loose makes killing them that much more difficult. And the kicker is, the guy who buffed them doesn't even have to interact with the player you're trying to kill beyond clicking on him and pressing a button. And he could have done that 45 minutes ago.
    Yes yes. This is harder than taking down a guy that has a Soldier friend following him, how exactly?

The argument about "forcing" people to move in groups instead of solo, goes both sides of this argument.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Yes yes. This is harder than taking down a guy that has a Soldier friend following him, how exactly?

The argument about "forcing" people to move in groups instead of solo, goes both sides of this argument.
    You'd actually have to have the soldier follow you, rather than having him doing his own thing on the otherside of the battlestation or even completely absent. This doesn't force anybody to team, it just requires them to use their toolset, and ONLY their toolset to get the job done if they desire to run solo. Right now, how is running solo more attractive than going in teams? Because you want to farm solo kills? How many OBs do you currently need to do that? Some profs more than others, ofc. I understand that some people like to pvp solo, I'm one of those, granted my profession requires less OBs to perform well, even when faced with opponents who are OB'd. Now herein lies the problem: what if a strong profession, such as my own, DOES have OBs? You've got almost no chance of taking me down alone. That is actually a scenario that would FORCE team pvp. If you want that control point, you better bring some friends.

Now this is a gray area, because it's neither mass pvp, team pvp, nor a duel scenario. Certain buffs simply tip the scale of combat situations in too great of a direction. Now when you're requiring these powerful buffs to require the presence of the caster, you're forcing the issue of team pvp, but ONLY in the case that you would want these buffs. Not to be competitive.
    Waiting for a cure.

This includes all the buffs you get on your NR8 Soldier.

i have a dream, that one day, AO pvp can be fun again without being NR8 or a ranged advy, where fighting classes actually do more dmg than support profs, where tank classes actually TANK and where ones entire defense is not bypassed, it is only a dream though

also making all buffs selfs means NTs wont have capped RS either, its bad for you as much as me!

if rrfe and lower reflects were self i wouldnt mind GSF also being self, rrfe simply makes people unkillable, classes with other defensive tools ofc, capped RS is about to get nerfed anyway so in a way thats like making gsf self only, seeing as soon people like fixers enfs and advies will be alot faster than everyone else

so yeah, making rrfe self seems only fair, all 3 classes above with rrfe AND being faster soon seems really out of balance if you ask me

im still trying to figure out why you even comment on this though, rrfe even being removed from game would barely be noticable by you (right now), if anything making rrfe self helps NTs next patch since they are losing piercing LE nukes, ever thought of that?

im still trying to figure out why you even comment on this though, rrfe even being removed from game would barely be noticable by you (right now), if anything making rrfe self helps NTs next patch since they are losing piercing LE nukes, ever thought of that?
    IU, perks, my DoT and DM are all affected by RRFE.

Of course I've considered not having reflect piercing nukes along with people not having RRFE. However, I'm not some selfish minded ass that's only thinking of my first choice profession for PvP.

Suggestions like this are a slippery slope towards turning an MMO into an FPS. AO isn't an FPS. In case you're not clear an FPS is where you depend on your own gear and your own gear/tools only to win a fight.

To address the rest of your post H, we actually want the same things. I just don't see how, or why, receiving buffs from your team mates of different profession, negates those things.

Trust me, feeling a need to go NR8 indicates things that are broken about AO. Trust me also, when I say, I've considered NR2-NR8 on Hacre because of how susceptible Keepers are to nanos as well, with being melee on top of that (roots/snares sucks).

If you want real change though, you need to stop pigeon holing AO professions into roles and deciding how well they should or should not do in PvP based on that pigeon hole.

How much damage so called "support" professions do should be irrelevant, if we're all balanced.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

IU, perks, my DoT and DM are all affected by RRFE.

Of course I've considered not having reflect piercing nukes along with people not having RRFE. However, I'm not some selfish minded ass that's only thinking of my first choice profession for PvP.

Suggestions like this are a slippery slope towards turning an MMO into an FPS. AO isn't an FPS. In case you're not clear an FPS is where you depend on your own gear and your own gear/tools only to win a fight.

To address the rest of your post H, we actually want the same things. I just don't see how, or why, receiving buffs from your team mates of different profession, negates those things.

Trust me, feeling a need to go NR8 indicates things that are broken about AO. Trust me also, when I say, I've considered NR2-NR8 on Hacre because of how susceptible Keepers are to nanos as well, with being melee on top of that (roots/snares sucks).

If you want real change though, you need to stop pigeon holing AO professions into roles and deciding how well they should or should not do in PvP based on that pigeon hole.

How much damage so called "support" professions do should be irrelevant, if we're all balanced.

its just one buff though im not asking for all buffs to be made self but you have to realize for people without NTs, some classes with rrfe are plain unkillable 1v1 if played right, and if you say *well team up* its dumb because eveeyone can get zerged so why should FC even bother with a balancing patch? we can just team and zerg the godmode right?

it dosnt work like that, a players value is most often defined by how they perform solo, and on those bases, if you take a doc or ranged advy, they go from hard to kill to IMPOSSIBLE to kill

and its wrong, its just wrong, thats all.

its just one buff though im not asking for all buffs to be made self but you have to realize for people without NTs, some classes with rrfe are plain unkillable 1v1 if played right, and if you say *well team up* its dumb because eveeyone can get zerged so why should FC even bother with a balancing patch? we can just team and zerg the godmode right?

it dosnt work like that, a players value is most often defined by how they perform solo, and on those bases, if you take a doc or ranged advy, they go from hard to kill to IMPOSSIBLE to kill

and its wrong, its just wrong, thats all.
    That doesn't just stand up against RRFE though.

Say there's a Crat near me/hugging me without being teamed with me, whatever. Do you realise I'd be pushing 5k def to dodge once I have the Soldier debuffed with blind and dazzle?
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

That doesn't just stand up against RRFE though.

Say there's a Crat near me/hugging me without being teamed with me, whatever. Do you realise I'd be pushing 5k def to dodge once I have the Soldier debuffed with blind and dazzle?
    so? didnt you say everyone has blind resist and they are so hard to land and all? if a NT and crat spots a soldier the soldier has alot more to worry about than if he can perk you or not, hell die regardless because you bypass his defenses while he dosnt bypass any of yours

if you wanna talk about OP auras youll have to talk about blockers first

im all for making crat auras team only though

and once again, as usual you talk about zerging someone, im talking about trying to pvp on your own, something you might wanna think about? on your own you wont have a crat aura, on your own you will have rrfe, though.

Heart bro you're all about making **** configure to making you the better outcome, you never team with crats, while you're always against their buffs. Be less self involved and make a theory/suggestion that isnt personal DD
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunktion View Post
    Heart bro you're all about making **** configure to making you the better outcome, you never team with crats, while you're always against their buffs. Be less self involved and make a theory/suggestion that isnt personal DD

and you...do less pvm? mean really dont make me go there :P i dont actually care about crat auras, i care alot more about people with rrfe becoming unkillable, the crat aura runs out. not rrfe (in a realistic context)

if you wanna talk about OP auras youll have to talk about blockers first
    Word on the street has it the team aura is getting pwned.
    Waiting for a cure.

Word on the street has it the team aura is getting pwned.
    yup so ive heard

Locking this since its descended into a lot of pointless bickering, and I've cleaned it about 4-5 times now.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910