Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nemesis Nanos Balance

Nemesis Nanos Balance

This thread is part addressing the nanos themselves and part addressing them post balance so if ARKs feel please move this to game suggestions.

The nanos.

# Adventurer
    Heal modifier -50

# Agent
    Target Modify Sensory improvement -750
    Target Modify Matter metamorphosis -750
    Target Modify Biological metamorphosis -750
    Target Modify Psychological modifications -750
    Target Modify Matter creation -750
    Target Modify Time and space -750

# Bureaucrat
    Target Hit Health Poison -1500 .. -1500 10 hits, 1.99s delay
    if Form == 17710 or
    Form == 227238 or
    Form == 30356 or
    Form == 30348 or
    Form == 30365 or
    Form == 17655

# Doctor
    Target Hit Current nano -750 .. -750 5 hits, 2.99s delay
    Target Modify Sensory improvement -500
    Target Modify Matter metamorphosis -500
    Target Modify Biological metamorphosis -500
    Target Modify Psychological modifications -500
    Target Modify Matter creation -500
    Target Modify Time and space -500

# Enforcer
    Target Modify Duck explosives -1000
    Target Modify Dodge ranged -1000
    Target Modify Evade close -1000
    Target Modify Critical chance -10

# Engineer
    Target Modify Smg -600
    Target Modify Ranged init -600
    Target Modify Burst -600

# Fixer

# Keeper
    Target Modify Rifle -1250

# Martial artist

# Meta-physicist
    Target Modify Nano attack damage modifier -25

# Nano-technician
    This nano formula will clear any rage or essence effects that an Enforcer has running.

# Shade
    This nano formula will remove active auras from a Keeper.

# Soldier
    Target Modify Piercing -1000

# Trader
    Target Modify Reflect projectile damage -100
    Target Modify Reflect melee damage -100
    Target Modify Reflect energy damage -100
    Target Modify Reflect chemical damage -100
    Target Modify Reflect radiation damage -100
    Target Modify Reflect cold damage -100
    Target Modify Reflect fire damage -100
    Target Modify Reflect poison damage -100
    User Cast Borrowed Reflect
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Suggested changes.

All the nanos will be a dual cast nano, meaning it would cast both its debuff and the lockout on cast. On top of that all of the nanos are the same duration both in cast and lockout.

Duration = 15s
    Local Cooldown Lockout = 1 minute 30 second.
    Target Lockout = 30 seconds.

The Nanos and their New Effects

# Adventurer
    Heal modifier -25%

# Agent
    if Random roll <= 49
    Target Modify Matter metamorphosis -450
    Target Modify Biological metamorphosis -450
    if Random roll <= 50
    Target Modify Matter creation -450
    Target Modify Time and space -450

# Bureaucrat
    Target Hit Health Poison -500 .. -500 15 hits, 1s delay
    if Form == 0

# Doctor
    Target Hit Current nano -750 .. -750 5 hits, 3s delay
    if Random roll <= 33
    Target Modify Sensory improvement -250
    Target Modify Psychological modifications -250
    if Random roll <= 65
    Target Modify Biological metamorphosis -250
    Target Modify Matter metamorphosis -250
    if Random roll >= 66
    Target Modify Matter creation -250
    Target Modify Time and space -250

# Enforcer
    Target Modify Evade close -1000
    Target Modify Critical chance -10

# Engineer
    Target Modify Burst -400
    Target Modify Aimed Shot -400
    Target Modify Full Auto -400
    Target Modify Fling Shot -400

# Fixer
    Target Modify Brawl -400
    Target Modify Sneak Attack -400
    Target Modify Fast Attack -400
    Target Modify Dimach -400

# Keeper
    Target Modify Rifle -625
    Target Modify Assault Rifle -625
    Target Modify Shotgun -625
    Target Modify Pistol -625

I cant come up with something useful for MA, I was maybe thinking Heal Delta nerf and anti-crit nerf.
    # Martial artist

# Meta-physicist
    Target Modify Nano attack damage modifier -25
    Target Modify attack damage modifier -25% (I'm getting lazy but all weapon damage by 25%)

# Nano-technician
    Target Modify Remove all Enforcer and soldier and doctor health buffs

# Shade
    This nano formula will remove stop all nanos from refreshing on the target.

# Soldier
    Target Modify 1he -625
    Target Modify 2he -625
    Target Modify Martial arts -625
    Target Modify 1hb -625
    Target Modify 2hb -625

# Trader
    All ready done by devs, just need LC added.
    Last edited by Technogen; Mar 3rd, 2010 at 04:04:09.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

The best thing is to just remove all of them. All they do is make PvP about what prof you're fighting instead of actual skill.

If you MUST have nemesis nanos, though, they should be there to fix balance issues. For example, give solds a nano that uses up some of an engi's blockers, or fixers a nano that gives NTs -50% nano dmg. They need to fix balance issues, not create new ones.
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

No point in giving soldiers a weapon skill debuff, we'll still get hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    No point in giving soldiers a weapon skill debuff, we'll still get hit.
    Yes you will get hit but weapon skill directly translates into damage until MBS, so if the debuff lowers the amount of damage the player is able to do with the weapon it will directly translate into the soldiers defense being more robust.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Solution to Nemesis Nanos

There are people who are lobbying on both sides of this issue. Fair, simple, easy solution to follow...

Nano Crystal (Nemesis Inhibitor)

NCU: 5
    NanoCost: 800
    School: Psionic
    Duration: 30 Mins
    Attack time: 1s
    Recharge Time: 1.5s
    Range: Self

Description: Originally created by the fixer Ofoz to protect fellow Hacker Club Affilliates, by setting up a specialized firewall against the intrusive nemesis nanos. That started appearing shortly after the Battlestation nano libraries were hacked. The running of this program in your ncu will ensure "the infamous nemesis nanos" never disrupt you at inoppertune moments.

Focus Effect:You have recently used a powerful defensive formulae. Your NCU has been focused on defensive libraries, and will not be able to execute any Nemesis Nanos for the duration of this formulae, consequently your ncu is safeguarded from the effects of any hostile nemesis nano programs.

There you go. Throw a lockout timer for nemesis programs, so this can't be abused by clicking it off, casting a nemesis nano, and then recasting this to protect yourself. Throw a visual effect ala-Dust Brigade Buffs, so ppl know who is, or isn't running Nemesis Inhibitor so they wont waste thier time trying to cast a nemesis nano on thier target if they see this running.

This way those who want to pvp with the Nemesis Nanos can, and those who choose not to simply wont be effected by them.

Or if thats too much, feel free adjust the description/effect to make this the "Fixer" version of a nemesis nano, we simply stop you from hacking our shiz!
    Last edited by Rubika-1; Mar 3rd, 2010 at 09:03:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Yes you will get hit but weapon skill directly translates into damage until MBS, so if the debuff lowers the amount of damage the player is able to do with the weapon it will directly translate into the soldiers defense being more robust.
    Lowering a weapon skill by 650 isn't going to translate into any meaningful damage reduction, and is not on par power wise with any of your other suggestions.

The only thing that would foot the bill of being a debuff soldiers could use is an evade debuff - and historically, if soldiers have had the skills needed to land evade debuffs, the target has low enough evades that they didn't need debuffed.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Lowering a weapon skill by 650 isn't going to translate into any meaningful damage reduction, and is not on par power wise with any of your other suggestions.

The only thing that would foot the bill of being a debuff soldiers could use is an evade debuff - and historically, if soldiers have had the skills needed to land evade debuffs, the target has low enough evades that they didn't need debuffed.

Then I guess youll just have to put up with high AR, high damage. fa and ams
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

# Bureaucrat
    Target Hit Health Poison -500 .. -500 15 hits, 1s delay
    if Form == 0
    I'd rather suggest:

# Bureaucrat
    Target Set Form == 0
    if Form == 17710 or
    Form == 227238 or
    Form == 30356 or
    Form == 30348 or
    Form == 30365 or
    Form == 17655

(removes morphs :P)
    blah

i hate those people that just have to say "removed = fixed" without any interesting suggestion. plz cut the crap !

@techno : about your changes, what i don't like :
    - random rolls make these unreliable on efficiency. NR roll to resist is enough this side.
    - heal mod 25% depends on how they nerf heals already. might be enough (or not !).
    - enforcers don't need more evade debuff, they got enough AAO. give it another prof missing AR.
    - special -400 are useless. as a fixer i still prefer blindside as it is. i'm sure engis don't like neither.
    - keeper range debuff is way to OP compared to most of those buffs.
    - nt one seem funny like you designed
    - shade is unclear ? you talk about procs ?
    - MP is way too OP, like keeper.
    - same for soldier on all melee. they got relfect already ! ffs ...
    - trader don't need borrow reflect. i think a reflect debuff might be enough.

in the end your suggestion isn't balanced enough imo.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Hey,

I think the ideas in here are decent, don't forget the 15 seconds duration he suggested with the lock on all of em. Makes any nano that might be slighty over the top acceptable imo.

Some of the suggestions are horrible. 250 nano skill debuff and 3750 nano drain over 15 seconds not subtracting the crats nano delta - how's that gonna severely harm a crat in a way that you'll call doctors their nemesis?

The whole point is that nemesis nanos are a failed concept. You need to make them strong enough to actually be a nemesis, but at the same time you have a high risk of making the game breaking. It's simply impossible to balance them properly across professions because such a delicate balance does not exist in a game such as AO.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Random suggestions

Adventurer:
    * Morph target into a tree for 5s.
    Agent:
    * Cloaking device effect on target for 5s.
    Bureucrat:
    * Unremovable root.
    Doctor:
    * 50 heal modifier debuff.
    Enforcer:
    * Makes all players of opposing faction in range to attack enforcer, Deranged Xan style.
    Engineer:
    * Warps pets over to the target and a short unremovable snare.
    Fixer:
    * -2k nanoinit debuff, consider your NCU hacked.
    Keeper:
    * Tractor beam (yeah heard it's coming anyway)
    Martial artist:
    * Tractor beam or temporary super ninja runspeed mode.
    Meta-physicist:
    * Summons two extra attack pets for a short period of time.
    Nano-technician:
    * Target is unable to regain nano in any way.
    Shade:
    * -1k debuff on all evades.
    Soldier:
    * Isn't this the profession that should be able to borrow reflect.
    Trader:
    * Target loses same amount of HP as one uses nano.

Short durations, reasonable lockouts. Give them some cool names and stuff. Why nanos like this? Because I'd like to nemesis nanos be something that you could see coming from the opponent instead of prof vs prof related yibby yabby.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    - special -400 are useless. as a fixer i still prefer blindside as it is. i'm sure engis don't like neither.
    Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    specials.

@ Ella: Last time I checked special recharge was checked/set at the time it was last used. Assuming the target has just barely 11sec FA it would look like this:
    FA°1 -> DEBUFFED! -> FA°2@11sec@600ARless -> FA°3@(11+600/25=35sec)+11=46sec@600ARless

-600 Special Skill would slow down ....
    Burst and FullAuto by 600 / 25 = 24sec
    AS by 600 / 33 = ~18.2sec
    FlingShot and FastAttack by 600 / 100 = 6 sec

Lower AS & SA multiplier by 6-7

Granted it's based on 600 skill and for all specials but this would reduce the recharge rate on the special abilities.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    Some of the suggestions are horrible. 250 nano skill debuff and 3750 nano drain over 15 seconds not subtracting the crats nano delta - how's that gonna severely harm a crat in a way that you'll call doctors their nemesis
    Sorry I should edit the 2nd post so this makes more sense, but these nanos are designed such that they will land on anyone not just X prof.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Sorry I should edit the 2nd post so this makes more sense, but these nanos are designed such that they will land on anyone not just X prof.
    I missed that part, my bad.

I still don't see much of the point though. It'll be hell for any nano profession to deal with even more nano skill debuffs than we already are with traders and MPs, not to mention the smaller debuffs flying around in perk setups too. I don't want to remove the uniqueness of the trader/MP tool set either. It's not a doctors job to debuff nano skills.

The idea of a nano pool debuff is also rather ridiculous to start with, since it's so hard to balance. Not only do you suffer the effects of the debuff, but you also suffer after effects of having to regain nano. No other type of debuff lingers like that once it's removed. When a drain is removed the skills are back, but when GTH is removed you have to regain your nano before going back into the fight. Even with the new version of GTH proposed in FwM, I'll still prefer to die than be hit with GTH. It's just not how a game should be.

If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

# Adventurer
    Heal modifier -50

thats no nemesis nano....docs get so much heal eff this days that we barely feel that debuff

as a doc i suggest to even increase this to -75% to give advs a small chance to kill us

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    i hate those people that just have to say "removed = fixed" without any interesting suggestion. plz cut the crap !
    Well, sad but true. This would actually be the best way to fix that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by RmikClan View Post
    # Adventurer
    Heal modifier -50

thats no nemesis nano....docs get so much heal eff this days that we barely feel that debuff

as a doc i suggest to even increase this to -75% to give advs a small chance to kill us
    Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    Misdiagnosis is a pain too tbh. It's one of the medium powered nemesis nanos I'd say.
    I don't know what to make of this then, except hypotheses about uber and not so uber docs.

In nerfed form misdiagnosis would be usable vs. the FP doc agents, and to some extent other advies as well. Maybe it should work on the MP heal ball too?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by RmikClan View Post
    # Adventurer
    Heal modifier -50

Not so much true for PvP doctors. PvP setups have less +healeff than PvM setups.

If you look at it isolated one BI (~12k) heals roughly 1.5 cap'ed specials with a setup of 25k HP. -50% healeff would take that down to not even being able to heal a single cap, and there're definetly a lot of those coming our way. Remember that doctors survive only by out-healing and nothing else. Damage mitigation (UBT) is no longer a viable part of our tool set, since it hardly affects anyone's dmg anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    I don't know what to make of this then, except hypotheses about uber and not so uber docs.

In nerfed form misdiagnosis would be usable vs. the FP doc agents, and to some extent other advies as well. Maybe it should work on the MP heal ball too?
    Above reply explains it pretty much. I have to add though, that I didn't say that Misdiagnosis was imbalanced, but merely that it was a pain and one of the medium powered nemesis nanos. Medium powered is idealy where we should be, since it would otherwise be over or under powered.
    Last edited by Avari; Mar 3rd, 2010 at 16:26:10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast