Thread: Crat balancing aimed at fun

Crat balancing aimed at fun

For a full treatment of these ideas, see this thread: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=563496

1) When you add the new pets (balancing) please make them scale offensively and defensively based on multipliers of the crat's own skills. This rewards the crat for twinking and earning better equipment, and helps prevent the kind of lag that develops when everyone gets several patches worth of new weapons and crats still have the same old pets.

2) One of the most fun things about playing a crat was our ability to charm. Persistent charms seem to be out, BUT, what if we had a nano like this:

ql 1: Capture Creature Essence

Minimal reqs, insta cast.

Effects:

This nano captures the essence of any creature the bureaucrat casts it on, sucking the soul of the creature into a tiny jar. This jar resides in the bureaucrat's inventory and can be applied later to change the appearance of the bureaucrat's new badass endgame carlos replacement pet which is otherwise boring looking.

So, in effect, what I'm suggesting is a nano that let's a crat store the mesh and skin of any creature (maybe within some boundaries, so like, no beast or zods or ai generals), and then apply the item as many times as possible to change the appearance of his charm pet.

It's purely an aesthetics ability, sort of like face grafting for agents, but it would make crats *feel* more fun, since you'd get to pick what your endgame pet looks like, or change it up if you get tired of one look. And, it might be fun for others too, since instead of seeing every crat use the same pets, you could see a huge variety of RK and SL monsters running around.

This idea could be both functional (1) and a lot of fun (2).
    Last edited by Sterva; Oct 30th, 2009 at 18:56:51.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Charms

All this rebalanced charming is great, I'm psyched for it (pun intended). But they should make it easier to switch from Carlo to a charm, like making /pet free kill Carlo so we can charm when the opportunity comes.

2ndly, if this capture essence doesn't work, to keep Crats as the "charming" prof over traders, perhaps we could have a player charm, just like the Corrupted Xan in 12man. It would have to make the charmed player use nukes as well so nts wouldn't be useless charmed. This could make us have a nano shutdown on ourselves while the charm is active and the charm last 1 minute?, plus a lockout on ourselves to keep it from being overpowered, but would give mass pvp a nice little twist.
    Imagine seeing your buddy run off to fight a crat, then he comes back (name in red, faction changed) and he kills you!
    Last edited by Flamingfist; Jan 22nd, 2010 at 19:10:53.

That would have me in stitches.. as your buddy screams in all CAPS for you to run away because he is charmed. HAHAHAHA.
    I would be on the floor in tears laughing at all teh QQ and Drama that would ensue.
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeeeeek View Post
    and everyone knows solsdiers dont think they just cast ams then roll face in keyboard for maximum efficiency
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    I would have loved to see 18.0 finish up faster...but some "interesting" ways of playing the game were discovered that slowed the process slightly...in the same way as the pope is slightly Catholic.

player charms in duels: things didnt go as the way a crat would want, so charm then wait, so that the fight is "reset"
    would need something to prevent this

player charms in mass pvp, the side more likely to have a crat is the one with more players. so it would be more likely to switch from a 8 to 6 advantage to a 9 to 5 advantage, then it would be to jump to a 7 on 7. nts don't have auto nukes, so it would be quite a few lines of code to make it work, especially with the incomming nano weaving thing, docs dont have auto healing, so same applies. same applys to any prof that does anything besides q afking (which is every one) but just to a lesser degree

would be curious to see what would happen if a crat charmed a crat that was charmed by a crat who was forced to charm another crat charming... you get the picture

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingfist View Post
    All this rebalanced charming is great, I'm psyched for it (pun intended). But they should make it easier to switch from Carlo to a charm, like making /pet free kill Carlo so we can charm when the opportunity comes.
    I've always been using "/pet "Carlo Pinnetti" terminate" as a macro in hotbar, great for PVP when you want to quickly steal a pet.
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Malaxia View Post
    I've always been using "/pet "Carlo Pinnetti" terminate" as a macro in hotbar, great for PVP when you want to quickly steal a pet.
    Especially fun when fighting another crat with a similar macro.. we both felt very silly for a second.. standing there, no Carlo on either of us and one second later stealing eachother's bot..

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    2) One of the most fun things about playing a crat was our ability to charm. Persistent charms seem to be out, BUT, what if we had a nano like this:

ql 1: Capture Creature Essence

Minimal reqs, insta cast.

Effects:

This nano captures the essence of any creature the bureaucrat casts it on, sucking the soul of the creature into a tiny jar. This jar resides in the bureaucrat's inventory and can be applied later to change the appearance of the bureaucrat's new badass endgame carlos replacement pet which is otherwise boring looking.
    Nifty idea, but seems more of a MP-type nano. From a RP standpoint anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Essessceeaych View Post
    #1 should definitely go for all pet profs, not just crat
    Engis and MPs don't have skills to scale with. If they had any skills at all, they'd have rolled crats I mean, look at Klod and Chrys... Point proven, methinks.