Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Make UBT and drains removable in combat

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Pure gold. comparing a 55% def check 1 sec recharge nano to a 90%/150% 4.5 sec recharge nano. Poor trolling, kink.
    The obvious thing I was pointing out was it gives the soon-to-be-uselessely drained opponent time to actually do something to the trader.

Thus, the high resistance on drains, but giving CB to traders to allow for that, giving the opponents a little more time to do something.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    The obvious thing I was pointing out was it gives the soon-to-be-uselessely drained opponent time to actually do something to the trader.

Thus, the high resistance on drains, but giving CB to traders to allow for that, giving the opponents a little more time to do something.
    Well, thats the point, isnt it? Its not like we Debuff everyone around us for 1k AR?

Not like acrobat does.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Well, thats the point, isnt it? Its not like we Debuff everyone around us for 1k AR?

Not like acrobat does.
    That's if you stack dof+limber. It lasts 40 seconds after which you are not so unperkable anymore (fixers aside, but their offense is terrible anyway). And it doesn't nerf your opponent's ability to cast defensive nanos.
    Last edited by Szyylin; Jan 16th, 2010 at 15:22:22.
    Zenevan2 - 220/30/70 agent

Quote Originally Posted by Szyylin View Post
    (fixers aside, but their offense is terrible anyway).
    WTB them crappy offense fixers on my bs
    Still here

Quote Originally Posted by Cryfreman View Post
    WTB them crappy offense fixers on my bs
    That was from by biased, agent point of view.
    I don't know which prof you are playing, but i don't know many people who run from fixers out of fear.
    Zenevan2 - 220/30/70 agent

What I'm putting here is purely my opinion so take it for what it's worth

@ Combat removal of debuffs, yes.
    But it should not be instant, there needs to be a reasonable amount of time that the effect is active before you can clear it.
    If there is a short period of time where you are immune to the effect after clearing it that is fair and proper but it needs to be carefully balanced via trial and error.

@ Init debuffs, after the heal HD 'nerf' this may not be an issue.
    At present it is more of an issue that it supports "endless" healing.
    Would prefer to see how the heal/health changes go before changing this too much.

@ Fears, personally i have no problem with being feared.
    As long as there is a decent lockout/cooldown.
    Such as with enforcers and MA's it can be an important tool for giving you a bit of time to pick off a target before the zerg takes you down.
    Or as the only way to keep your kill from getting away much like an extra root graft.
    In the case of Crats, yes it should have a longer down time more in line with the others.

@ Trader drains, overall I'd have to say that as long as it required more effort to KEEP a target drained.
    Nothing more annoying than them draining you to negative skill, rooting, and leaving you there for the time it takes you stim out of the root and hope you haven't used a TS locking graft.
    A battle station/'bor pvp' issue.
    In towers/duels you at least have to convenience of dieing/losing.

I hate being drained... a lot.
    But I wouldn't want to take something like that from the game either.
    Just... leave me a fighting chance of coming back from it xD

@ Enforcers, playing my lowbie is quite fun.
    I greatly enjoy it, and he isn't what I'd consider to be OP.
    But I'm not playing the typical "optimized" cookie cutter setup either.
    So I guess I'm self nerfed :?

Rage is the most controversial part I suppose, but it really is needed.
    I've only experienced the lowest one, but it has been pretty balanced for me.
    Most of the professions that root me have options that keep me from being able to rage, NT's & Traders.
    Also MP's I suppose but you hardly see any
    Most have the option to use roots of such a level that rage doesn't even touch them forcing me to use the first aid lock to break them instead of stimming nano.

So basically I guess I'm saying:
    Classes with roots need some difficult to cast, easy to land, short roots that rage doesn't touch but a reasonable number of stims will.
    Rage needs to be less spam-able or roots need a better distribution so that shutting down a higher rage doesn't mean just casting a lower one to break free anyway.
    And nerf endless nano.

I apologize for the TL;DR-ness of this.
    Last edited by Esproc; Jan 18th, 2010 at 11:38:13.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

while your at it, put freemovement on a different lockout from the other stims.

annoying to just use a nano/hp stim and then someone roots you and runs away.
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

get NR1 and traders will need like 3-4 times to land first drain usually, depending on your profession they cannot afford that...
    Phear the chiprel!

Quote Originally Posted by Fixerwink View Post
    get NR1 and traders will need like 3-4 times to land first drain usually, depending on your profession they cannot afford that...
    While I'm not for seeing Traders get massive slaps from a nerf bat beyond some GTH changes, this is pretty false. NR1 buys no time against Traders mostly, up to an extra cast in a worst case scenario for the Trader, when it comes to landing 90% NR checking Divest.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456