Thread: for crats.

for crats.

i just sat here thinkin about the old crat stun procs..
    the unbreakable root was even said from FC that it was just a baind aid fix and that realy wasnt any good.
    wouldnt a 1 sec fear proc be fixing alot of the crat problems?.
    could be a 1 sec fear proc with a lockout of 8 sec before next can proc or something like that.
    with the kiting changes that hopefully wouldnt be to OP together with kiting and would still enable the crat to mitigate some dmg and sometimes interrupt perk chains etc.
    at the same time it wouldnt affect PvM since most mobs are immune to fears.

well anyhow was just a thought.
    since from what ive read on forums u are unhappy with the defences u currently have and i thought this would fit perfectly in with the crat profession.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

No.

We want reliable defenses, not a 1 second (useless) completely arbitrary and out of our control (proc) defense.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Defense first please.

Unbreakable roots? You mean our 8s and 5s root procs?

A random 1s defense? That is not something defensive. Also fears break on anything offensive making it even less useful. Might as well proc swimming expertise.

We need more def and Nano Resist not random crap! Also AS + SA blockers would be nice!

For me, being a crat is about "controling"

so, something random as proc should not be part of our toolset at all.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

The only problem with the stun procs, imo, was the duration. 15 and 10 seconds of stun was over the top ridiculous. Why not bring the stuns back but for shorter durations, like 5 and 3 seconds?

i think the intention of the LE procs were to be something extra, a bonus if you will. Not something that should define a class or make-up for the class lack of effective tool-set. My opinion of course, i don't know what FC intention for anything is really.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificus View Post
    The only problem with the stun procs, imo, was the duration. 15 and 10 seconds of stun was over the top ridiculous. Why not bring the stuns back but for shorter durations, like 5 and 3 seconds?
    Bring back stun procs? I don't know what you're thinking but if
    1) FC saw them as fundamentally flawed (hence they got removed instead of nerfed)
    2) They completely trivialized PvM
    2) Crats are asking for active defenses not relying luck

and you go suggesting stun procs to be back, the reasoning can't be very sound.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    at the same time it wouldnt affect PvM since most mobs are immune to fears.
    Not only procs don't check resistance but most mobs don't have it. Fears nano have psychic check for that.

Not sure if crats really need more AAD with that AI perks fix and they are getting more NR from perk lines.
    blah

The stun procs in their former form were indeed broken in the sense of balance. They were removed because it was the easier path. They nerfed them first, by not allowing the stuns to stack and refresh themselves on another proc. But that wasn't enough, so instead of trying to continue trying to balance them, they just removed them.

The stun isn't the problem, brawl has a chance to stun, should we remove brawl? The problem was the insane amount of time you spent stunned from crat procs. 15 secs of being stunned is absurd.

The fact that the procs are a chance of a process and not an active ability to be executed at well is the balance check against it, it can't be relied on. But hey, I'm all for some stun resist mods for armor/perks. More stuff, more options for gear is always a good thing.

BTW, I'd like to reiterate that these procs shouldn't define the crat and should only be a cool factor thing that happens every once in a while.
    Last edited by Magnificus; Nov 3rd, 2009 at 13:39:55.

Take every single proc out of the game and give every profession some decent nano/perk based tools to replace them.

Procs should never have darkened AO's door.

Not only that, ridiculous uncontrollable random chance shouldn't be in anyone's toolset, let alone Crats.

Keep proc requests well away from these forums. They're stupid, idiotic and have no place in any balance discussion because it's impossible to balance them. They either have to be completely overpowered for them to be worth using or ridiculously underpowered for the guy on the receiving end to not have an embolysm every time a proc hits them.

No more innate resistance either. There's far too much of that too.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.