Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: crats aren't getting enough of an NR boost to make up for losing AAD + NR

crats aren't getting enough of an NR boost to make up for losing AAD + NR

The title says it all. We're getting a relatively tiny amount of NR to make up for losing an enormous amount of AAD + NR on perk checks.

While the NR we're getting is appreciated, it probably won't be enough to make up for losing AAD in the checks.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    The title says it all. We're getting a relatively tiny amount of NR to make up for losing an enormous amount of AAD + NR on perk checks.

While the NR we're getting is appreciated, it probably won't be enough to make up for losing AAD in the checks.
    Your point?

If they change CoNC perkline (hopefully), you will get perked only by docs, SoZ MPs and NTs, which is ok (even tho, that doc stuff is a bit brutal).

From what I can remember, there is only one big dd perk that checks NR and it's in the notum repulsor line. A lot of the NR checking perks do other stuff, which I personally am only marginally concerned about.

This warrants a new thread other than the existing crat feedback thread made by the same person because?

I think the title of this thread should be "crats are hugely grateful to the removal of up to 800 AR from AI perks" because crats will now be a lot less perkable with the majority of DD perks, which come from people with very high AR, and will still be unperkable with the majority of NR check perks which mainly come from profs with very low AR.

The only exception is Nano Feast, which pretty much everyone except MPs and Enfs are perkable with anyway. Shouldn't one perk out of hundreds be something of a sure shot?
    Last edited by Questra; Oct 22nd, 2009 at 22:47:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    The only exception is Nano Feast, which pretty much everyone except MPs and Enfs are perkable with anyway. Shouldn't one perk out of hundreds be something of a sure shot?
    Agreed on many points, but... Mind explaining that part where MPs are not perkable by Nano Feast (if that's with these new perk alterations counted in)?

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9000 View Post
    Agreed on many points, but... Mind explaining that part where MPs are not perkable by Nano Feast (if that's with these new perk alterations counted in)?
    People like to mix the current system with the proposed changes because ... well I don't know.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Nevermind, loss of AAD on NR perk checks, aye. But yeah, it's true. Crats will gain defensively a lot more than they'll loose if the changes in those PDFs hit live.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    People like to mix the current system with the proposed changes because ... well I don't know.
    Hey, I've been very consistent so far in offereing my opinions on balance based on the upcoming changes we've been shown. I forgot this time because I've just finished working all day and I'm knackered!

Hey, I've been very consistent so far in offereing my opinions on balance based on the upcoming changes we've been shown. I forgot this time because I've just finished working all day and I'm knackered!
    It wasn't directed specifically at you. I'm sure I've probably slipped up as well
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Nevermind, loss of AAD on NR perk checks, aye. But yeah, it's true. Crats will gain defensively a lot more than they'll loose if the changes in those PDFs hit live.
    Yeah right... For main weapon perks nothing has changed, we get better defense just against AI perks with double AAO and it's just a few perks with crappy damage anyway. But we loose them too, because our AR depends on AAO. So bye bye perking people and stay safer vs same perks we lost. Also most perks with attack check being not weapon skill get low NR checks, so we'll get perked by every gimp and their grandpa. I wouldn't call that win situation. But who cares, they'll just ignore or nerf crats as usual.
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    Also most perks with attack check being not weapon skill get low NR checks, so we'll get perked by every gimp and their grandpa.
    You mean, you will get perked by MPs and docs?

You mean, you will get perked by MPs and docs?
    Exactly
    i R not spik engrish

Yeah right... For main weapon perks nothing has changed,
    Which SL perks do you often get hit with? Weapon bash? Lol...

we get better defense just against AI perks with double AAO and it's just a few perks with crappy damage anyway. But we loose them too, because our AR depends on AAO.
    So, let me get this straight... AI perks do "crappy damage"... but since you won't be able to perk people with those "crappy damage" AI perks anymore, crats are going down the tubes? Either the perks are valuable or they aren't, make your mind up!

I know what perks you won't be losing any AR with... 4 large DD perks with an 80% check from Pistol Mastery.

So bye bye perking people and stay safer vs same perks we lost.
    I'm sorry you'll have to clarify this for me. What does that statement mean?

Crats have very little in the way of AI DD perks, and a decent amount of regular SL perk damage, which won't be affected so why are you complaining?

Combat profs with high AR have a lot of AI perk damage, which crats will now seem to be avoiding, so what do you have to complain about? Combat profs with high AR still can't land many regular perks on you, so does it matter if they aren't getting nerfed?

I'm not complaining about crappy AI perks damage I deal nor about them killing me, I just said it's not win situation. Few AI perks like CoLA and CoNC specials are bigger chunk of crats personal damage, than AI perks are for let's say soldier. I don't see those almighty mega damage perks I'm getting hit now and will be dodging after.
    i R not spik engrish

Exactly
    So?

I'm not complaining about crappy AI perks damage I deal nor about them killing me, I just said it's not win situation. Few AI perks like CoLA and CoNC specials are bigger chunk of crats personal damage, than AI perks are for let's say soldier. I don't see those almighty mega damage perks I'm getting hit now and will be dodging after.
    But specials are getting nerfed, heals as well, you will have enough def to dodge some hits (which was not important until now), while staying alive long enough to deal some damage yourself. Looks like a win situation.

So?
    We are perk vulnerable vs everyone

But specials are getting nerfed, heals as well, you will have enough def to dodge some hits (which was not important until now), while staying alive long enough to deal some damage yourself. Looks like a win situation.
    All incoming damage is important to crats, so it's more win situation for others who have few or more reliable ways of mitigating damage. We stay in foodchains end with smallest bit of "win", it means we loose
    i R not spik engrish

We are perk vulnerable vs everyone
    How? Don't you have the highest passive def of all the support professions?

How? Don't you have the highest passive def of all the support professions?
    Which will be removed from defense checks vs not weapon AR based perks, leaving us with our crappy dark blue def skills.
    i R not spik engrish

Which will be removed from defense checks vs not weapon AR based perks, leaving us with our crappy dark blue def skills.
    What about that AAD + NR defensive perk? It gives nice boost, it has reasonable duration and recharge time, plus you gain extra 100 pts static NR with incoming changes on your perks.

CoNC staying unchanged, with its current attack/def checks is wrong though. But you should be perkable by casters, if you refuse to work on your NR.

Overall it seems like most support profs are happy with the removal of AAD from NR perk checks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post

The entire point of this change is to make these perks easier to land. If they gave you enough NR to completely make up for the lost AAD then they would change precisely nothing.

If crats aren't survivable enough after this change(likely), then that's another argument that should be addressed separately.
    Last edited by Raynefists; Oct 23rd, 2009 at 18:32:33.
    teh fool :: Raynefists :: playing since beta 3 (sort of)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast