Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Make Pistol & 1hb perk 100% def check

Make Pistol & 1hb perk 100% def check

I can't understand why this hasn't been said already, but some prof being able to perk anyone isn't balanced.

Please stop the 80% def check or give it to everyone, it's stupid to see some profs that can just perk everyone without much work on AR.

Quote Originally Posted by laillea View Post
    I can't understand why this hasn't been said already, but some prof being able to perk anyone isn't balanced.

Please stop the 80% def check or give it to everyone, it's stupid to see some profs that can just perk everyone without much work on AR.
    just as its stupid to see some professions resist all perks w/o any work on def.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Bump for this. 100% would be fair and balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by laillea View Post
    Please stop the 80% def check or give it to everyone, it's stupid to see advies that can just perk everyone without much work on AR.
    fixed.
    for others especially support profs it would be tad hard/impossible to land with 100%
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Bump! I dont see any reason why some wep should have 80% check or lower...If u wanna follow some logic i think its easyer to hit something with sniper rifle which got scope on it then with huge hammer which everyone can evade...

Set 100% check on all wep. Or if u really need to make some difference then make it with some logic... Im sure IRL u can stab someone easier with short knife (piercing) then hit him with huge hammer. Same goes for pistols vs AR or sniper rifle.
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

As a crat, I will only be able to perk non evade setup solders/docs if it gets changed to 100%. Setup in sig.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    fixed.
    for others especially support profs it would be tad hard/impossible to land with 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    As a crat, I will only be able to perk non evade setup solders/docs if it gets changed to 100%. Setup in sig.
    Give my agent 120% resist to all the nab support's debuff then please.

Support profs have all the lub, awesome defense, best ingame debuffs, and they will cry if we touch their attacking perk :O.

Yeah it's stupid that enf's who has one of the highest attack rating with 50% perks that do huge dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Yeah it's stupid that enf's who has one of the highest attack rating with 50% perks that do huge dmg.
    the 2 perks that land are not enough to kill off any of the evade profession anyway .
    if i land those 2 1hb perks on a fixer and Sneak attack and dimach its usually not enough to actually kill the fixer anyway . and he will have healed up to almost full health before the perks and sneak attack have recharged.

so i dont realy see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    the 2 perks that land are not enough to kill off any of the evade profession anyway .
    if i land those 2 1hb perks on a fixer and Sneak attack and dimach its usually not enough to actually kill the fixer anyway . and he will have healed up to almost full health before the perks and sneak attack have recharged.

so i dont realy see the problem.
    I'm more worried about prof like engi crats ranged advies and doc.

They all have insane def and insane attack with those pistols perk

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Actually enforcer is the combat prof with the lowest static AR.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    lol?
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Yes, which is quite weird IMO (that's even WITH challenger up) but to not distract from the intent of the thread.

I can see no justification for any perk to not have a 100% attack rating, at least for now. If individual profs need boosts to account for a lack of skills to land perks, then it should be addressed with a profession-specific fix, for example, like a condition in the Attack skill:

ATTACK CHECK

If Advy: 150% Pistol
    If Doc: 75% Pistol
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

we got procs to make up for the low static AR tho.

er, as i understand it w/ challenger enfo has 3.4k ar. My Shade in a balanced setup, which would be akin to enfo having defense and ar, is 2980...Shades aren't a combat prof?
    Solsfedaykin 220/70/23 Soli Adv
    Shivj00 220/70/30 Trox Shade
    Solsxtitan 150/x/x Trox Enfo

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Yes, which is quite weird IMO (that's even WITH challenger up) but to not distract from the intent of the thread.

I can see no justification for any perk to not have a 100% attack rating, at least for now. If individual profs need boosts to account for a lack of skills to land perks, then it should be addressed with a profession-specific fix, for example, like a condition in the Attack skill:

ATTACK CHECK

If Advy: 150% Pistol
    If Doc: 75% Pistol
    Pretty much this.

Also, is the low enfo AR due to 99% of all Enfos using a def setup? Or is that pure offense setup AR?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

its due to enfo running a defensive setup.
    its possible to get around 3800-3900 AR as enf with procs and challanger if we completly sacrifice our defenses.
    a pvp enf in endgame can get 3400-3500 AR in defensive setup.

but it isnt an option as a pvp enf since all professions would cap specials 100% on enf in that case.
    with our amount of health and the absorb nerf etc getting hit for 9k-15k every 11 seconds is very very very fast death for an enf.
    as a soldier u can make that sacrifice due to AMS goin to save u even if u go max AR.

a shade has 2900 ish AR yes... but that is if u dont count the AR drains wich will add some to ur AR.

its possible to get around 3800-3900 AR as enf with procs and challanger if we completly sacrifice our defenses.

but it isnt an option as a pvp enf since all professions would cap specials 100% on enf in that case.
    with our amount of health and the absorb nerf etc getting hit for 9k-15k every 11 seconds is very very very fast death for an enf.
    as a soldier u can make that sacrifice due to AMS goin to save u even if u go max AR.

a shade has 2900 ish AR yes... but that is if u dont count the AR drains wich will add some to ur AR.
    Nice try, mate. Learn to use your professional defenses, like cocoons and perk heals to not die fast.

Yeah, same problem that Agents have
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkmc View Post
    Nice try, mate. Learn to use your professional defenses, like cocoons and perk heals to not die fast.
    I've played on an enf. Coon sucks. Perk heals are decent at best, but BR is the only real good one with an 8(?) minute recharge.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast