Thread: Why do Classes have to be the center of every patch?

Why do Classes have to be the center of every patch?

No one is terrible.... Can we not just have ONE single patch that every single coder just fixes bugs?? I really think that would make a lot more people happy than any single class fix....

Then fix a few classes again, and then a a patch where we review all of the weapons and REDO THEM ALL.... raise some minimum damages... take stupid skills off ones like enforcer weapons with Sneak Attack....

Seems to me like 'balancing' the most balanced of all the MMORPGS is what most of the developers time is being spent on. That is just plain stupid.

Thumbs up

I agree.

Bout time they should fix stuff like everyday practicalities like automatic backpacking of loot and re-coding the bank so one can USE items DIRECTLY out of the bank and stuff like that.

Then again FC's just doing what the player want class wise.

Everyone wants their class to be best at PvP u see. It's inevitable.
    @-----}----,---'------------
    For Ragnar Tornquist, the Visionaer.

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--
    N00b, but HardCore Fixer, RK1.

I'd be happy with a patch sorting out pet pathing and health bar probs!

Yea, they just need a patch to fix a bunch of bugs. But I want my engy fix first.
    ~Chris

sounds good, but whats wrong with sneak attack ?

Yeah, I agree, why dont we just forget all about the NT patch, its supposed to come in 14.6 and 14.8. They have only waited 6 months to a year for this, why cant they just wait a few more months?

Are you crazy? Those professions who gets pathces now, they really need it, many of those who plays them are on the verge of quitting this game due to FC slowness and empty promises. Now that they finally are about to fullfill them, you want them to stop it?

You are at best selfish, let those who have been promised that they will get a boost get it, then add content to the game.

And you are stupid if you ever think that AO will be bugfree, they continually try to fix them, but as every patch fix some, new ones are added, so forget it, bugs are here to stay.
    Last edited by Garzu-perman; Jul 12th, 2002 at 04:27:08.

There's nothing wrong with fixing the professions that are "broken" so to speak....

And yes, there should be a patch somewhere along the way that addresses bugs that affect every profession....

What confuses me (and pisses me off at the same time) is that they are thinking about expanding the game when the game itself has some very basic problems.

As it stands right now, I'd bet money that by the time Shadowlands comes out:

Level 200 PvPers will still earn their titles by jumping those poor helpless level 75ers who are nubi enough to grid to 25% zones...

You will still become "mini-me" when you get out of your yalm....that is, if getting out of the yalm in the first place is successful...

You will still be able to equip your yalm sitting down which results in the yalm not being able to leave the ground...

The HP / Nano bars will still be inaccurate..

Items in backpacks will still get garbled when you transfer them..

When picking up your stuff from the reclaim terminal, you'll still have to pick up your items individually rather than the terminal putting ALL of the items back in your inventory in the same order they were in before you died...

You still won't be able to fly over a log on the ground when in Reet form. This still doesn't make sense. Do birds in this time period have a weakness where they can't fly over something 2 feet high?

The blackholing problems will still be there...

The lag problem will get worse...

But at least they will have implemented /pet warp...

Yo Clark "Garzu-Moron" Kent.... Nano resist never worked. Pet pathing never worked and people don't want pets in high level groups.... 1 person works on pet pathing, and either he is assigned to other stuff 90% of the time, or they need a new person assigned to it. Everyone was promised we would be able to stack my healing kits long before the NT fixes were stated. There are many other bugs that were stated they would be fixed long long before any NT announcement was coming. 90% of the others have been around since day 1. To call me selfish for asking for bugs that affect every single player in the game tells me you have an IQ of 4, and are a billion times more selfish than me. To call fixing bugs 'adding content' tells me your IQ is closer to 2.

jesus... 52 posts. You been playing a month or so now? I am talking about bugs since the game came out. Please state to me the bugs that were introduced the last 3 patches that really affect gameplay for everyone there were not fixed quickly. And don't even try to say anything about my 33 posts. I am a vault poster where people with your intelligence get chased away and/or banned after flaming. Hanging around here often is to stressful.

"There's nothing wrong with fixing the professions that are "broken" so to speak.... "

never said there was.... but most are far less broken than the game itself and 70+% of resources being devoted to it EVERY single patch is just dumb.
    Last edited by LonnusMaximus; Jul 12th, 2002 at 05:48:31.

Exclamation Patch focus

We're looking into the possibility of doing pure bug-fixing patches in-between the content patches, but nothing is decied on that yet.

While it would mean patching more often (good for bug-fixing) it means we would have to spend more resources on building and testing patches. Resources that will have to be taken from other things, meaning content patches might be a bit farther between.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd sure love to see some of the non-profession specific bugs fixed before new content is added to game. Would make the new content all the more sweeter.

Re: Patch focus

Originally posted by Cz
    We're looking into the possibility of doing pure bug-fixing patches in-between the content patches, but nothing is decied on that yet.

While it would mean patching more often (good for bug-fixing) it means we would have to spend more resources on building and testing patches. Resources that will have to be taken from other things, meaning content patches might be a bit farther between.
    I thought that this had been decided and was the reason that the content patches went to even numbers only, so you could do bug-fixing patches in between with odd numbers?

Scorus

How about you take away from the resources used to build a game add-on that no one is going to buy unless you fix the game that you already have.
    Masata
    MA - Rubi Ka 1 - Omni

Yeah...err...what Masata said....

BUMP

Frankly I wouldn't mind see a wolrd revamp like was mentioned earlier. Change the images on some items, tweak performance, fix bugs. A lot of those basic things would balance the classes and add a lot to the game. If every gun was a viable option, for varying reasons, and looked different that would benefit nearly every class.

A good idea to be sure.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

they need more resources to fix the game= I.E. layoffs, expansion money, and lack of new programming = more spending money to make regular patching of small profession fixes.

if tehy ad the $$$ wed see

we had enough money to hire more programmars and all bugs are fixed.

all classes are balanced enough to keep people from bit*hing too much .

we added useful weapons and items enough to where you dont need to use the same guns that everyone else has just to be effective.

we added more secure servers so everyhting is lag free for the most part, and all the things we originally put on the box is in the game now

look for the new expansion next month!

FC your personal Jesus Christ of online gaming, worship us

/worship

they are working on it, we have to wait, it sucks but for those tht just enjoy whats there and stop bitc*ing abot what we want will worship the game, and not mourn it

What are these game breaking bugs that are hindering people so much? Other than simple stuff like BBI guns and the wrong init, stuff like that, what is it? Spawns for quests?

I'm sure this will come across as a class whine post, but there are a few classes left, that need a lot of help.
    Borxet