Thread: The Roads

The Roads

Okay Ive been all over, reeted from Galway to Avalon.. from Omni to SAV, let's say Ive seen alot, but not all...

I started hunting in Galway Shire post beta, gets old fast.
    Moved to Lush til 50.
    Moved to 20k and bothackers/team missions til 85
    Now Im level 88 and I just don't know where to hunt/go.

I headed out to SAV but it's too tough. The biledrinkers/slimebathers are too powerful..

So, I headed to 4Holes, and Andromeda, but there's not much out there.... other than some wolves and spiders and shades/eyes/claws...

Not alot of grouping/companionship

I then headed to BrokenShores but no one would group with me, so I left...

Where do people group up around level 90 who are sick of bothackers and 20k team missions?

Well, in my 90's to early 100's we did Medusae, either in EFP or DAV. This is less of an option now that they aggro males on sight. From 110-130 or so we used to run around EFP near the far east omni OP and hunt BrainStealers, Mortefurys and Grimwolves. With the occasional Cyborg that wanders the area. There is other stuff out there too, including an area that supports a small population of Fossegrims. EFP was good hunting, although somewhat dangerous at times as most if not all the Mobs attack on sight. Also the map for EFP requires a fairly high nav score, but we used to hunt without one anyway. Adds to the excitement, heh.

Nivenyrral 157th Omni Engineer
    President of the Band of Brothers

Well, I would need a team for that area.. by EFP I am assuming you mean the long stretch of woods past SAV ? Right now everything there is dark red to me, so no way could I hunt there alone.

No, EFP is Eastern Fouls Plain. Go to 20K and go east till you zone. That is EFP. Manteze, Bileswarms, Brainstealers, Medusa, Sand Mantis, etc. The area with the Medusae is walled with some hills which keeps the other creatures out, although we used to run into mantis that someone trained there occasionally. You do need a team however; that is definitely not solo territory, and you need to have a Yalm to get around. We hunted medusa from 90-110 or so and then moved to other stuff in EFP, and always the Mobs were deep deep red to us. It is very dangerous, but can be quite rewarding. You might also try out in the deserts of broken shores. Lizards of a couple of types, nanofreaks of several types, Eremites, and rageriders. Again you would have to have a group, and a yalm is almost a necessity.

Hope this is of some help. I feel your pain.....I am 158th and we are still looking for a good outdoor hunting area at that level.

Nivneyrral 158th Omni Engineer
    President of the Band of Brothers

Thanks for the info, I did in fact buy my very first Yalm since beta! Last night ! So, I took it upon myself to fly over these locations, and yes, all dark red.. now to find a team to hunt!

For now I'm doing my very first team missions QL 170 or so in BS and that's interesting since it's brand new

The thing about Medusa that everyone fears is their really high HP and now they do big damage as well. Aggro wasnt really a concern IMO because after all, if you were attacking one, and another saw you, it would aggro anyway. You would just have to be a little more careful with your pulls is all.

Oh yeah, they changed it to a 25% zone, thereby forcing everyone that didnt PVP inside those horrid BS missions.
    Santacharm
    Enforcer

Sopprano
    Fixer
    Metthias
    Meta Physicist

Re: The Roads

Originally posted by Emiko
    . . .
    Now Im level 88 and I just don't know where to hunt/go.

. . .

I then headed to BrokenShores but no one would group with me, so I left...

Where do people group up around level 90 who are sick of bothackers and 20k team missions?
    You are on the far lower end of the level spectrum for BS at the moment, so it may take you a little longer to find pick up teams in BS. Give it some time when you go there and I'm sure you can find teams. As you level up a bit and people begin to know you in BS you'll likely start getting spam'd with invites as soon as you approach the steps.
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

Yea things are really picking up now for me in BS.. Alot of folks know Im real attentive wit my buffs and heals.. I watch my team like a hawk

Level 95 now and lovin it