Thread: Fix the reclaim bug

Thumbs down Fix the reclaim bug

When you get your stuff from reclaim, if you crash, you loose all your inventory. Rather rare, but it happens. And FC don't reimburse anything .... even in that case.

Unhappy Re: Fix the reclaim bug

Originally posted by Philox
    When you get your stuff from reclaim, if you crash, you loose all your inventory. Rather rare, but it happens. And FC don't reimburse anything .... even in that case.
    Should be 'When you get your stuff from reclaim, if Foncom's server crashes...'

Check out Lost Items - Revisited thread (plus others) - and it's not as rare as you think...

Regards, Eta

PS - You'll feel much much better after reading this...

Quote start: “Let me try to explain to you why we are unable to
    reimburse your loss.

Right now we don’t have the tools for doing this. In our databases data are stored as big clumps of data, so-called blobs. Since all the data is packed in these blobs it is very difficult and sometimes impossible for us to track items.

One of the highest priorities for the AO Live Team right now is to
    restructure out data and make it possible for us to track items, and by having this possibility we will also be able to verify someone’s loss of an item and be able to reimburse it.

We are very sorry about the situation as it is today, and we know that reimbursals will be a very wanted feature by everyone, maybe the people who want it the most is the GM's. Please understand that this is something we will see shortly in the game, and again, I am sorry for your loss.” Quote end!

I asked the development team today how fare they had come with the reimbursement tool and the answer was that if we are really lucky we will have it in the game shortly after the summer holidays.

One thing that is important to remember is that this tool must work very well in order for us in Customer Service to be able to give you back what you rightfully lost. So the test period will be intense, and we will not launch it before we are absolutely certain in works as intended.

One other important thing to know is that items lost before we actually patch the new logging system onto the servers will not be logged and therefore not reimbursed. Only items lost after the new logging system will be reimbursed.

This turned out to be a long answer to you, but I think you deserve a thorough answer to your question. I know a long answer can’t make up for your loss, but I hope it can make you confident that we are doing all we can to improve our customer service.