Thread: IPR Bug. I am dead

Angry IPR Bug. I am dead

I had an issue with my character named Tombac (Soldier lvl148) with IP reset.

3 Days ago i used the full reset option in order to try different weapons hoping i would prefer them. Everything went perfectly.

Today i decided to go back to previous settings since shotties suck, knowing i had 8 ipr pts to use.

I resetted 8 of my skills, and arranged my IP pts exactly the way i wanted them.

When i accepted the changes, I ended up with skills i did not want maxed out (and that i obviously didn't raise), and thoses i need and that i carefully selected when placing ip empty or set all wrong.

I do not have any ipr pts left and im stuck.

I talked to someone from ARK after waiting 3 hours who told me that he could not do anything and suggested me to write bugs.

After sending many e-mails i finally got an answer from support, wich is :

------------------------------------------------------

"First of all I am so sorry to hear you experience problems with Anarchy Online.

As far as I understand there was an issue with something visual on peoples clients if you used IP reset points without clicking accept after the changes was made each time.

At the moment we have no way to fix this as the bug is visual on the client only there is no direct 'fault' we can see in the logs that it happened.

We might have a later update on this later but until then I am so sorry but we are not able to do anything in this case.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience along with any problems this has caused.
    --
    Best Regards
    Chris (aka Hadrulf)"
    --------------------------------------------------------------

* At the moment my character is unable to use is weapons, to fly or cast important nano. I cannot do anything and need help.

Today i sent a petition in order to talk to a gm, waited 4 hours sat down waiting for nothing, and when my petition got to 0 in queue it has been deleted. Waited 1 more hour, and no answer.

What am I supposed to do? delete my character and loose manys months of my life?

I do not know what to do,so if anyone read this and can help, please do.

That really sucks ass bud, and I'm very sorry to hear it. That's a LOT of your own personal time sent down the drain if they don't fix it. If they don't help you, your only choice is to start over or quit. If I were you, I'd choose the latter of the two.
    Rotamus, 196 NT
    Littlebitt, 200 Doc
    Ranxacka, 153 Trader

Proud general of Immortal Ascension

America's Finest News Source

Hollywood Stock Exchange

Angry

All i hope is for them to reset my ip or give me back my 8 rp pts so i can go on playing and leave them alone.

I can't beleive this is impossible for them to do.

they should allow you to do a new total IPR, this way u could start all over again.

the FC policy has always been a sucky one :/
    Killdarules / Bellgarath setup (dreamsetup (lol))

Band of Brothers

Achiever 73%
    Socializer 46%
    Killer 40%
    Explorer 40%

Sorry to hear about this.

About a week ago I sent a petition about something (I forget what) at the beginning of my play time. Hours later I remembered I had an active petition and checked it's status only to find out there was no petition any more. I was venting about it in guild chat when someone told me petitions get deleted after three or four hours (he wasn't sure) if they aren't either answered by an ARK or updated by you. Needless to say, I was pissed off. Sounds lke this happened to you, too. Why should any petition be deleted, even if the person goes offline?
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Originally posted by max-iic
    they should allow you to do a new total IPR, this way u could start all over again.

the FC policy has always been a sucky one :/
    When their logs don't show it, what are they going to do? Trust him on his word? It might seem nice, but the second they do it a thousand kids will run and say they too had the same bug and need a full reset.

What are they going to do when a kid comes with "I bought a Yalmaha in a shop but now both my creds and my plane are gone."

If the logs don't show it they can't do anything, a "nice" policy would be exploited to no end.

If you honestly don't think it will then just think back to the Alvin/Dodga mission pre patch. The people who ganked and ganked, do you think they wouldn't take the opportunity to lie to Funcom if they had a "nice" refund policy?
    Add a "/team loot chests alpha" option!

Angry Maybe the same thing.

*BUMP BUMP BUMP*

Ran into the same problem here. Luckily I'm only out 200k IP....still 10 lvls worth but I can recover.

Still, plz read and bump this thread.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=30978
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-11-07 04:09:22
    It will remain playable until : 2004-12-06 15:13:07

Man did you read?

Hey Lord_Maxwell,

I understand what you said, but...

I am pretty sure Fc can look at my skill and imagine* that a soldier lvl 148 with stats like sense at max and no gun skills is not really normal...

I am sure you can imagine all the time involved in making a lvl148 character and that it might be worth the effort.

I am not sure you understand that i am dead if they dont help.

Last E-mail from FC

I just received an answer from FC, answerinf my question to know if it was possible to help me or not.

I wont add any comments after this, i am sure you can imagine my reaction to this e-mail.

--------------------------------

Hi again,

I am so sorry but at this time we cannot do that.

I sincerely apologize for the problems with this and if there was any
    other way to handle this I would
    --
    Best Regards
    Chris (aka Hadrulf)

--------------------------------

... /played : 37 Days, 14 hours, 45 mins.... Geeee thank you! ((

I know this is little comfort (and might not help fully, I don't know how many skilles were fcked), but if you could get some kind souls to let you tag along for xp to get you to 150 you would get a couple more IPR points.

Good luck!
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Re: Man did you read?

Originally posted by Manha
    Hey Lord_Maxwell,

I understand what you said, but...

I am pretty sure Fc can look at my skill and imagine* that a soldier lvl 148 with stats like sense at max and no gun skills is not really normal...

I am sure you can imagine all the time involved in making a lvl148 character and that it might be worth the effort.

I am not sure you understand that i am dead if they dont help.
    I understand that you are dead if they don't help. (Well, that your toon is, hopefully you survive.)

Yes, FC can look at your character and see that he isn't a very optimal soldier. You have no gun skills, so it's obvious you got borked somehow.

But the next soldier, with Bow as his only weapon skill. Is it as obvious for him?

Using common sense is unfortunately not a good idea, it's too easy to exploit. It's a sad, sad world, but when making PR decisions you have to take into account that about 25% of the population is willing to rob you blind. (This is probably a low figure on the internet. I polled my friends with computers and came to the conclusion that the average 25 year old comp sci student has STOLEN for $10,000. No innovation in the history of man has lowered morals as much as the internet. This is on the assumption that a CD costs $15, a game $30 and a DVD $20.)

People who in real life wouldn't say the F world use such a lot of profanities online that the most hardened sailor would turn pale if he heard it.

And everyone is making out like bandits.

huh?

Lordmaxwell, you can kiss my arse with your defence of FC - if their logs dont show this kind of thing then they bloody well should be.

God it winds me up, people like you with your holier than thou attidude. This guy has wasted months of his life, FC admit the IPR bug has gimped his char, and they couldnt give a ****.

five

Re: huh?

Originally posted by Fievskin
    Lordmaxwell, you can kiss my arse with your defence of FC - if their logs dont show this kind of thing then they bloody well should be.

God it winds me up, people like you with your holier than thou attidude. This guy has wasted months of his life, FC admit the IPR bug has gimped his char, and they couldnt give a ****.
    Yes, their logs SHOULD show it.

But in the real world there is a limit to how much data you can plow down into a DB without slowing it down. In an ideal world ALL transactions should be saved indefinitely so that anything like this that happens won't be repeated.

Unfortunately it takes time to update the DB, so you have to cut corners. The database is pretty big, and most likely stretched to the limit. It's not like a minor Norwegian company has the same computing power that Nasa does. (Nasa have the worlds biggest and fastest DB, atleast outside classified military stuff. But I don't think even the military beats them.)

I try to explain WHY they are pricks. An explanation isn't an excuse.

How much is it worth to you that their logs always show this? That it takes another 0.1 second before your character reacts to commands? Another 0.2 seconds? Another 0.5 seconds? Another 1.0 seconds? Only a finite number of things can be done per second.

It's a smaller scale, but it's still economics. You have 200 bucks. Health care costs 100 bucks, your childs school costs 100 bucks and your childs dental plan costs 100 bucks. Which do you ditch?

Face it: Something ALWAYS has to go, and someone gets hurt by it.

I think it's better to understand WHY than to just scream "IT'S NOT FAIR GOD!" to the grey sky!

I had something similar happen to me. I was very careful in my resets, Just wanted to reset my nanoskills. I took points from less needed skills and put them into my 3 main nano skills. After being totally satisfied with the changes, I clicked accept, and put all my stuff back on . When I zoned out, I was horrified that NO points had shown up in ONE of my skills. No points at all . The IP points were gone, but the skill sat at only the amount that my implants raised it. I spoke to an ARk, then a GM , who asked me to send in a bug report. Someone from Funcom responded , saying it would be submitted as a bug.

I do understand why they cant give me my points back , but still ..it makes life a bit more complicated now.

I have to agree with Lord Maxwell on this, everyone looks for a way to cheat the system. I also feel bad for Manha, my client suffers from a "visual bug" as well, my ranged enregy is listed 10pnts lower on the server then it shows on my client .. and well I never woulda noticed until I tried to equip a wen wen yesterday .. but there is only so much they can do. I know .. it sux. So they can't give you any ipr points or a total reset .. so lets look at your options. Re-roll, Quit, or trudge your way to 150 (I believe you get 2-4 ipr points) I know its not as much as you may need .. but it should help .. pluss once you hit the title cap at lvl 130 you have more ip then you know what to do with. If your on rk2 and are a clanner .. send me a tell .. I can trudge ya through a few missions with some of my friends that feel yoru pain.
    what ever you decide .. goodluck to you.
    Devis 194 Agent Retired
    Xxdevisxx 200 Engi
    ----------------
    VASHBot A simple and secure guild/raid bot for AO
    VASHBot Forums

Originally posted by Lord_Maxwell

When their logs don't show it, what are they going to do? Trust him on his word? It might seem nice, but the second they do it a thousand kids will run and say they too had the same bug and need a full reset.

What are they going to do when a kid comes with "I bought a Yalmaha in a shop but now both my creds and my plane are gone."

If the logs don't show it they can't do anything, a "nice" policy would be exploited to no end.

If you honestly don't think it will then just think back to the Alvin/Dodga mission pre patch. The people who ganked and ganked, do you think they wouldn't take the opportunity to lie to Funcom if they had a "nice" refund policy?

Thing is that the log SHOULD show it.

I do agree with lord on this. If FC accepted a "nice" policy then everyone who used all there IP resets would say the exact same thing.

I have no reason to trust or mistrust you're words. Then again neither does FC.
    Don't worry , you're a clanner, those fealings of inadequacy are perfectley normal. They will pass with your death.

It is only our insecurity that makes us competitive and we search for security in other peoples recognition. We will not stop being who we really are, just because we are "better" then others.

Why do you think so many Fish & Game officers and park rangers are wearing cammies and toting m-16's? It ain't cause bambi's gone gorilla.(quote given in referance to current state of poaching in the US)

Manha,

Please send me a PM (private message) so that I can collect more information from you regarding your problems with the IP reset.