Thread: need training center

need training center

we need a training center; similar to a holo deck in functionality.

many people want to experiment and test things out but are limited.

we need a training center where you can choose a specific mob(s) of specific level(s) to fight.

we need to be able to 'pretend' to have what ever weapon we'd like to test at whatever ql.

we need to be able to 'pretend' to have what ever skill levels and nanos.

forcing players to scan before entering and not using the current reclaim/rezz rules while in the training center would get rid of many problems off the bat.

we wouldn't need ipr points. people would be happy.

bugs would in instantly disappear from all the goodwill created. people would suggest reasoable and blanced fixes for their profs. pets would path correctly. the goodwill would allow people to connect to the universe better and link to the other severs. what a beautiful world it would be.

umm, disregard that last paragraph.

No offense, but if the devs stumble across this post, they would laugh their heads off. This will never, ever be done. The coding required would be phenomenal. The only case in which this might happen is if the devs have a debug tool similar to this, which maybe they could make available as a seperate download to customers. If they don't already have one made, though, it will never happen.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Unfortunately this would be SO easy to exploit.

Step 1. Group with an Engi.
    Step 2. Enter training room.
    Step 3. Pick out all the high-level equipment you want, and bump yourself up to level 200 or so.
    Step 4. Cue the Engi to Beacon Warp you back to civilization, and tada- you're officially a level 200 <profession> with perfect gear.

There's really no way to fix this. Except remove Beacon Warp. And that would make just about EVERYONE unhappy.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

My biggest problem with this is that it's a spoiler. I can see lowbies taking on the toughest mobs they've heard about just to see what it's like. That aren't that many surprises at higher levels, but I'd like what's there to remain fresh as long as possible.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

most of the aguments against this idea are easy enough to take care of.

did i not imply that it should be tested so as not to make it exploitable? maybe i should have. here goes: this training center should be un-exploitable.

Hypos has a very valid point. it could be used to remove some of the adventure from the game.

then again the game doesn't have too much left to the imagination as is. how different is it really to fight a bigger blaster beetle than a normal blaster beetle?

i recall games like Rogue that kept track of what you'd seen from mobs. as you had more experienced with a particular type of mob and you saw it do more things, the new abilities would be added to your knowledge of that mob. it was a pretty good feature.

i think you might be right Hypos, it is not good to take away the fun of discovery.

maybe an alternative would be to have 'training droids' that you could set to 200 levels of difficulty.