Thread: Abolish the reclaim terminals.

Thumbs up Abolish the reclaim terminals.

Why do we even have these time wasters?

We don't lose any items on death, and it is probably the #1 cause of player item loss (Crashing while reclaiming and your entire inventory is gone!).

We already have "res effects", I see no reason why our items must be withheld from us for 2 minutes.

If you are killed in PvP, your body is available to be looted for those 75 seconds.

Thumbs down Ok, so....

If you die to non-pvp and/or in a non-pvp area, still no need to lose items that way. It sorta sucks to lose stuff because the server burps when you're reclaiming. Since FC won't reimburse, it's very bad indeed.

Just add the 75second downtime to the rez effects timer. I don't want to lose items to the crash bugs. It's happened before and it's not pretty.

Here's an outrageous idea. Have the items dupped on your corpse. That way the person pvping can loot and you can be on your way without item loss to bugs. I guess that'd sorta make it not so bad to die in pvp. Damn. PvP makes every game less fun for us care bears in some way.

How about this. Instead of ALL your items winding up in reclaim, how about just the ones that are lootable from your corpse? i.e. the items you got since the last time you saved.

The rest of the items should show up in your inventory when you reappear instead of in the reclaim terminal. The reclaim should only be for items that were not on you when you last saved.

Originally posted by PipBoy
    How about this. Instead of ALL your items winding up in reclaim, how about just the ones that are lootable from your corpse? .
    Beat me to it :P I was going to propose just that.

Only if you are killed in PvP should you be made to wait for the reclaim. And only items which were lootable should show up.

you should be made to wait and watch your killer loot your corpse too.

Come on, people. While it may be a good idea to save time and maybe item loss, it would be hard to do and kill a big RP aspect (i.e. nanobots go out and bring your stuff back) and I believe in the Shadowlands, the nanobots don't have enough range to get your stuff, thus you have to go EQ-style and get your own corpse. Reclaims will and should stay, and that is that.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Originally posted by Preeminence
    Come on, people. While it may be a good idea to save time and maybe item loss, it would be hard to do and kill a big RP aspect (i.e. nanobots go out and bring your stuff back) and I believe in the Shadowlands, the nanobots don't have enough range to get your stuff, thus you have to go EQ-style and get your own corpse. Reclaims will and should stay, and that is that.
    Yer no fun, didn't even give me a chance to flame the dupe idea.