Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I the only one questioning ClickSaver being a good thing?

The GUI needs alot of work control panels, mission booths, scrollbars, plus all the other odd bugs, such as backpacks having empty boxes even if they are full

No, all things considered - clicksaver is a *good* thing for AO

I agree too that it's reduced the effectiveness of the economy and player buying/selling of a lot of items. It's made some items that were rare, less rare etc. too.

But overall... if you want the item enough you're going to sit there anyway spending a long ass time clicking, scrolling, looking for key words and key items. Then when you *finally* find what you want, you have a chance of either accidentally clicking past it or the mission npt going into miission panel etc.

All clicksaver does is save the time you sit there bored and frustrated at the mission booths looking for the item you know you need. Boredom and frustration are a thing a *game* can do without... I agree - implement it into the interface itself and then we won't need it anymore.
    "I'm going to kill you." "You're going to kill us?" "No, no I'm not, I'm just kidding."

The brutal truth

First of all, the economy was shot along time ago. The battlesuit price reduction is a (very late) attempt to reduce the amount of cash plaers have (I sold a QL12 and 14 Concrete Cushion to a high level for 1 mil just because he could be bothered to get them himself - tell me thats not a problem). As long as high level players have virtually infinite cash and certain items (Grid Armour, Team Beacon Warp) are as rare so rocking horse do do people will continue to offer stupid amounts of cash for them (add in here the old LLTS as well).

Clicksaver actually attempt to redress the balance by giving everyone (i.e. the little guy) better access to the hard to find stuff. I dont know about anyone else but personally I wont let any of my characters exceed a certain level until I have found all the mission only/loot items for that level range (the best example are the non-purchasable nanos). So I dont agree that it incrases supply of an item 'per say' since if they player wants it enough he will keep generating missions until he gets it. What it does do however is allows that same player to find multiples of what was previously quite a rare items which can be sold for lots of credits and/or given to guildmates/alts. However whether this is a problem or not really epends on the item I suppose.

The problem is, despite FC claiming to acknowledge how the majority of the players hate camping, they still insist on using rare drop/spawn rates to keep certain items rare. What they need to acknowledge is that some players will want everything (like myself) and so need to create a system where the content can be guaranteed IF the player is up to the challenge. The flip side is they risk putting the player off the game by the ammount of _work_ needed to get a certain item (example I generated missions for over 4 hours solid trying to find the patchy repairs nano) since I'm a casual player I dont have a lot of time to play and if most of that time is spent (unsuccessfully?) camping I'm going to get cheesed off sooner or later.

They could manage this by making all the 'rare' stuff NODRPO (preventing it from being hoarded for guildmates/alts etc.) and to allow players to request a certain item as a mission reward (assuming its normally in the mission reward table) but increase the difficulty based on the 'rarity' of the item (and perhaps make the keys for these un-duplicatable).

Putting items as boss loot only is also a bad idea since it forces teaming (bad FC let the solos have a fair crack) but I actually think they just did this to get people to do the team missions to see what changes had been made and to try and increase popularity. I personally think that if it can be found in a team mission it should also be able to be found in a solo mission.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Nerf the bridges!

I do a lot of typing and clicking for my job. I do even more playing AO. Carpal is a worry for me, so even without the speed advantage, clicksaver does just that - saves me clicks, and saves my hands the wear and tear.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

A simple solution to the rarity issue with out removing clicksaver or making every item boss loot only is to make "rare" items drop at QL lower than the mission QL. Items that are common could could actually drop at a QL higher than the mission QL.

Example: Player1 takes a QL 50 mission for a rare QL 30 item or a Ql 70 common item.

This way you could still make certian rare items available to people that want to solo, while at the same time make them harder to attain at a useful QL.
    Last edited by Kiyn; Jun 17th, 2002 at 12:02:48.
    Kiyn (110 MP, RK2)
    Vermak (96 Enf, RK2)
    Osiri (65 Fixer, RK2)
    Kiaser (50 Crat, RK2)

Don't really think the server cycles used by mission gen are all too big too worry about. It consists of random number for mission type, random number for mission playfield, random number for mission door, random number for primary critter type, random number for itemfind (or instruction disk to for those missions), random number for reward. And possibly random number for choosing the type of theft-secure food dispenser/de-cryption device/whatever for the use item on this missions.

A team in combat would result in more 'random' number generation in a specific instance.

Course if the mission generator create the monsters when the mission is generated that could be a problem, but really doubting this (especially since I have gotten two missions at the same mission door on a single request).

Originally posted by Emiko
    Where can I get clicksaver to check it out?

http://a.chavasse.free.fr/ClickSaver
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Originally posted by Jynne
    I do a lot of typing and clicking for my job. I do even more playing AO. Carpal is a worry for me, so even without the speed advantage, clicksaver does just that - saves me clicks, and saves my hands the wear and tear.
    I have carpal. it sucks. painfull. I have to wear a brace and often Ice my hand after I get home from work at the end of the day. Then hop on AO and make it even worse. :P
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

JUst becos you know where the item is in which mission, doesn't make the mission any easier to complete.

Exclamation

Clicksaver saves clicks, and it helps the 'poor' people more than anyone. BTW, I'm definitely rich, so don't even go there.

Know what you're talking about before you moan. Theres a lot better things to moan about (trust me) than trying to make the gaming experience any crappier.

Clicksaver does absolutely nothing to the reward tables, it just allows you to waste your credits and remove all the ABSOLUTE CRAP from mission rewards.

Go roll 30 missions regularly. Write down the rewards. Make note of which rewards anyone in this game besides a newbie would give half a damn about. Then come back here. (and not all of them would care. Even newbies can guess when something SUCKS, and they don't stay newbie about items for long)

Now think about how long it took you to roll those 30. Even blowing up the windows and moving your mouse around like a madman, its a waste of time.

Wristsaver is a better name.

You are right, "it" is a bad thing that theres a CS, but its not bad because of what CS does, its bad because it has to exist at all.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

I use ClickSaver just to filter out missions that are in places I don't want to visit. It's a great time-saver and wrist-saver.

Originally posted by LightningMA
    I figured it out when I tried selling item.

And it might be saving clicks, but buying agent buys every item you want for 1000 credits.
    ROFL!

Have you even tried clicksaver?

My agent (lvl 25) used up about 60k to get a new set of armor and undercover set. It is cheeper then buying in shops but not a free lunch, unless you just want a random implant or armor but you don´t need clicksaver for that.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

Originally posted by WillTell
    for the past 2 weeks ive been searching for omni white gloves ,sleeves and helmet in the shops
    the only omni armor the shops have had has been boots body and tank
    for 2 whole weeks?
    ive been doing 12 hours at a time of shop hopping
    shop reset has been great but shop selection has been atrocious
    missions work just as bad as the shops
    they need to add a few bars on mission selection

profession
    different settings one for each class

breed
    atrox nano opi and solitus

side
    omni clan neutral(this would help with the clan and neutral getting omni armor)
    Geez ,see man about 4 weeks ago i managed to put together a whole set of white omni armor in the 58 to 60 ql range just by buying from the shops in trade and ent. Best part is i got like a 200% turn around when i sold it.........Free economy..gotta love it.
    Don't worry , you're a clanner, those fealings of inadequacy are perfectley normal. They will pass with your death.

It is only our insecurity that makes us competitive and we search for security in other peoples recognition. We will not stop being who we really are, just because we are "better" then others.

Why do you think so many Fish & Game officers and park rangers are wearing cammies and toting m-16's? It ain't cause bambi's gone gorilla.(quote given in referance to current state of poaching in the US)

They should call it Lifesaver if it wouldn't be such a copyright nightmare.

The ability to weed out the rewards and where they can be found has kept me from quitting AO. Before Clicksaver I got to the point where I felt actual dread when it was time to go to the mission terminals.

As for the economy, Here's how it works for me. I am wearing items around 40 levels above me. I can't solo a mission that high, so I have to buy the armor and weapons I need from higher level people. To get money for those items I run missions for items I think will sell well, then sell them to lower level players. No price gouging. I charge less than 1k per QL. Everyone comes out ahead.

Clicksaver is just a tool. A timesaving tool. It lessens some of the frustrations of a sometimes frustrating game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12