Thread: Teaming up

Cool Teaming up

I've got a L20 NT who gets picked up for team missions absolutely constantly, usually with all kinds of professions in the mix. Heck, I've been in a group where there were 4 doctors, 1 soldier and an agent, other than myself. It was hilarious fun, and not because of anything we were doing (missions targetted around 2x our levels). We were just having a great time dying repeatedly, mocking the mobs and being, in general, absolute hoodlums.

That being said, what's with all the hubbub I hear about people not being able to find groups to team up with? If you're a cool person who's able to deal with irreverence and a lot of sarcasm, I'll team with ya. I'm all about just having a good time, because as soon as the game become a second job to me, that's when I lose interest and go do something else.

I'd joing a guild, but most of the guilds I've seen are too 'serious'. I can RP, but I prefer not to most of the time, because sometimes that gets arduous and boring. I'd rather be out doing stuff, running missions, hunting, dancing on tables and going on newbie-buffing runs to all of the backyards in Omni-Ent. (always fun)

Anyhoo, my point is, why complain? Is it really that hard to find a good group to go hunting with, etc.? And those of you hosting groups, why be picky? Everyone's got SOMEthing to offer, even the lower-end levels. Now, oviously, there is a problem if someone is grey to you, but aside from that restriction, there should be no big deal in getting together a larger group. The max I've done team mission runs with was a team of 10, and we all loitered around the lobby area of a floor while someone pulled mobs to the 'killing ground'. Even the idle chatter was fun once everyone warmed up to each other. I have dozens of friends made this way...

Chill, people, play the game, intereact with people, and have fun!

Red face

Do you have high char or your nt is the one ?

Cause low level are fun, you team for fun and for xp.
    But high level (100+) only team for xp and sometimes some fun.
    And very high level (150+) only team for XP XP XP, no time for fun, only time for XP, you must be abble to kill every mob in a few sec to kill the other one quickly .....

But some prof if they use their regular possibilties can't do this, especially pet class because our pet are always stuck or lost everywhere. So if you are an engin or a mp high level you can't team if you don't have a good gun and only use your pet

The L20 NT is the higherst one I have, and that's because I've only recently been able to sign back onto AO. (being in the military, war in the bloody middle east, you know how it goes...)

Why should your paradigm change so much with new levels? If it stays fun, then it stays fun, like I said, as soon as it becomes a job and not a game, then it's lost its appeal for me. With higher levels you get to travel a bit farther for your missions and there are a few static missions, too. Those would be a blast in a group of like 10-15, though getting everyone where they need to be would be something of an exercise in logistics.

I just don't get why things would change so much. As a matter of fact, if they change, they really ought to change such that some of the only enjoyment you'd get out of the game would be teming up with friends. Who cares if you blow an afternoon on dying repeatedly on one mission, only to get crappy loot, if you've had a blast getting there and hanging out with friends?

Well things do slow down, alot................alot alot and it gets much much much MORE Slower around 150.

I want to hit 200, who doesnt? YOu may not maybe you do play just for fun but I have come this far, why stop ?

It can be hard to find a team, in the morning over here nobody is on, but at night when its late in the morning, everyone wakes up and I go heh.

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    I want to hit 200, who doesnt?
    Do I WANT it? No, not really. If nothing else I'll just outwait ya all and be the best

Random, which server? If you're on 1 tell Kryphea, a totally screwed up lvl16 trader who can't shoot, can't heal, don't know how to calm and will never reset
    postcount++

One of the funniest things I've ever seen is an MA script random screams and ki-haps while he's fighting a mob... and his name was some random permutation of "Bruce Lee", even better.

My L20 NT is on RK2, name "Heathenspawn". I've got a soldier and an enforcer on RK1, but I just lost interest in them. They were clan, and everywhere I went, things were a little TOO crowded. Tir is absolutely one big lag-bucket on RK1...