Thread: petition for face change!

Lightbulb petition for face change!

Hi there all, I would like to make a petition to allow us a one time only face change. Many of us who re-activated our accounts after a long vacation, only to find our high level character's looks repulsive.

I know there are many higher priority issues to be addressed, however as the days goes on I regret more deeply about the choices I made during the character creation.

The solution doesn't need to be complicated, by spawning a one charge Face Graft without profession and skill requirement, everyone gets a new face. We are not demanding anything fancy, but just ways to improve our enjoyment to the game.

Good idea!

I think we need some new faces as well while we're at it. There are very few male faces I'd use and I recently created a female nano-tech cause I got fed up with male faces looking like dorks.
    EF.

Bump. I hate the "sideburns" on my female NT. No matter how much these things cools off the body.
    ~Have you hugged your leet today?~

F̶u̶n̶c̶o̶m̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶e̶n̶s̶ ̶:̶)̶
    Thanks for "fixing" DM, Funcom, yeah, no really... thank you so, so much. I was missing having my toolset put back to 2007.

In addition to this, I think we should be able to go hairstylers and pick a new hair model. (Like character creation, without a new face)
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

I would love a one-time face change. Reconstructive Surgery and have a credit cost to it if Funcom wants to make a new credit sink.

You get this idea in your head about what you want your character to look like, but it happens with all of my characters: I want to change their face! Mind you, I don't have many characters at all, but still.

just a theorical discussion on the difficulty of implenmenting face change

In addition, I am still investigating the difficulty for funcom to implentment the Face/Model change.

Fact: There exists a nano program call: Face Graft, agent only and high level. By casting this nano, agent can select a different face each time the nano is cast. The result is not random, but cycles through the available faces, just like how character creation works.

Theory: I am still unsure on the difficulty of making a general use, or one time only face graft being able to be casted by a Surgical Machine, which takes money and cycles through the face screen each time after use. The idea is to mimic the Face Graft nano so it could be modified as a Stationary Machine.

I have talked to two different GMs, Brillie and Ashe... both stated that face cannot be changed currently. Brillie declined to teleport me to the character creation zone to "re-select" my face due to technical difficulties (teleportation not possible between char-crea and outside zones).

So based on above observation, character creation screen works differently than the Face Graft nano... if so, Funcom might have to modify Face Graft, or make it a 20 charge Pill that can allow us to change a different face at each charge... and run out after all the faces are cycled through.

team face graft?

in addition, if funcom finds unrestricting face graft by making it a pill with charges unacceptable, then why not give us a Team Face Graft... agent only and everyone in group changes face.

The agent is already at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to unique nanos.

Before this patch Face graft was the only thing they could truely call their own, however useless it might have been.

Don't take that away from the agent.

I have talked to two different GMs, Brillie and Ashe... both stated that face cannot be changed currently. Brillie declined to teleport me to the character creation zone to "re-select" my face due to technical difficulties (teleportation not possible between char-crea and outside zones).

ACcually the "techincal difficultly" is that the GM will be fired

Details were sketchy but some GM did this for a friend and that was a big no-no.

underground face-lift

Yes it is true that this nano should be kept Agent only... however why not give agent the abilities to "face graft" other? It is still agent only, and each change requires agents' operation. We can call this: Underground Identity Change.

bump for this idea..... man i am ugly