Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Force melee weapon users to reload!

Re: i got the joke

Originally posted by Mr.Nothing
    But the guy is still being a *****, about having to reload his gun. This isnt some movie where you get 100 shots with your 6 shooter, its trying to be realistic.

Yes yes i know there are some un realistic points to the game, Example sticks out dmg guns, but thats for balance.

The one thing i can see is more solar powered guns, not just th one you start off with, that would rule!

other than that find something better to be a whore about.

Idoit Count 3.5 i get a whole 1.5 points now.
    The issue is not so much about having to reload… we all expect and accept the need to do that…

The issue here is the process involved… the equivalent to opening your backpack/going through your pockets to find where you put those extra clips, then taking a couple seconds to check wich hand your weapon's in… then you can spend the time it takes to reload your weapon, before you again make sure the gun is in your hand and stuff the empty clip back in your pocket.

What's being asked for is some way to execute this action through one click/keystroke instead of a multitude… as it is for all other actions (with perhaps a couple exceptions) in the game. The reload time itself is still implemented through the action, and the mid fight reloads. There's your realism.

It needn't be more than the ability to put your clips on the shortcutbar and reload your weapon by clicking it (at least that option didn't work last time I checked, long time ago).
    Like treatment and nano kits. Imagine being forced to go through the same process in order to use those. Open inv, open wear, pick kit from inv, right click it on chest imp/body armor, back to inv, close inv, close wear, ready.
    Would be a b****, no?
    Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

hmmmmm

I sopose a reload button woulnd be a bad idea, or even if there was a way to macro it?

I've seen a couple people say here that having to manually reload might be a balance thing. However manually reloading is tedious, boring, monotonous, and buggy, and no gaming company should use tedium and monotony as a game balance check.

And reloading is buggy, often the first couple shots after you auto reload during a fight black hole. With low clip guns sometimes they won't reload at all, so there will be say 2 rounds left in a 5 round gun, but it won't reload. Sometimes during fights the reload's take upward of 15 seconds, reloading needs a serious lookover.

I believe that having one button (R) cause the game to reload your gun would be perfect. It is something all games should have, but strangely only funcom lacks this function for it's guns.

press R
    1 second
    2 second
    3 second
    fully reloaded

Is that so horribly unbalancing?

ps The origional poster was posting in the hopes of illustrating to you melee'ers how frustrating and monotonous reloading guns can get. Obviously he overestimated the intelligence of some viewers.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Re: i got the joke

Originally posted by Mr.Nothing
    But the guy is still being a *****, about having to reload his gun. This isnt some movie where you get 100 shots with your 6 shooter, its trying to be realistic.
    Yeah its realistic that this big guy is beating you up with a hammer while you are reloading after you put 5 bullets in his head with a powerful rifle.

Talking

Gee , I started with this Uber gun that is powered by
    sunlight , even indoors ! , never runs out of shots ,
    but I can not seem to find a higher QL one , any one have
    an extra one , I would love to duel weild these babies

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12