Thread: When will we have server transfers????

Angry When will we have server transfers????

I want server transfers! I want to be able to get off the crappy RK 2 server and onto RK 1! Even if it is just one day set aside for transfers, I want to get my character off RK 2! Besides, werent we promised these anyways?

There is nothing to do on RK 2 besides to LEVEL!!!

its pretty much the same for both servers........ except that rk1 got more people, therefore more lag for those who have slow computers ( me ).

nothing to do but level.... heheh...... sure, theres a lot more stuff/events going on in rk1, but they r usually raids on opposing factions n etc. so in the end u will be forced to lvl if u wanna participate n be useful to the event.

At least on RK 1 you can go to one of the bars/clubs and take a break from leveling and maybe talk with some people or maybe if your lucky you might see a mini-event(diamondcut,xzique,omni-pol, etc....). And theres always the almost daily party at reets retreat.

On RK 2, all the bars/clubs are TOTALLY EMPTY for the most part.

The problem is names. People on all the servers can have the same name, and since the names are unique how would you be able to transfer a charachter that has the same name as one already existing?

I guess it *could* have been thought about before...
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

.....An hour before I quit...
    Im am NOT having all these PRE EXPLOITING BASTARDS ON RK3! :P

nothing to do on RK2

I am trying organise a party for this Sat at Neuts though theres not been that much interest( about 15 people have said ok so far) and i did try to organise a sunday market in Newland but no one was even slightly interested : (

If anyone is interested in starting events on RK2 send me a tell Simulcra or Swiftyfrisco. Being a neut (that is being someone who can be killed on site almost anywhere - they should call us clay pigeons)I prefer to try things in Newland Borealis or Stret as it means everyone can attend without prejudice. I used to run Horse Races and Parties in Ultima Online but things don't seem to have picked up on RK2 the way i'd like.

See here for the party details.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=29748

Cheers
    Doctor Katrinex Clendennon MD

Advisor & Master Surgeon
    Kill-Switch
    Omni-Tek Corporation RK2

Clanners! Farzens of em!
    Steady there lad, don't shoot til ya see the whites of their eyes.

Hopefully never.

I don't want my peaceful RK2 becoming a PvP gankfest for all the tricked-out RK1 chars. Sorry. =P

-Jayde

I sent a e-mail to funcom about this, and they said they plan on doing this in the future, and that this is something they want to do.

Personally I dont know if it will happen, but I hope it does.

Tool that translates into "You ain't getting ****! We're gonna keep your money and spend it on nothing!"
    And remember...

"Be glad you're not an NT"

Angdao, Nanomage Male, level 77 Nano-Technician
    [Leader of The Shadow School]
    Angdau, Opifex Female, Level 55 Martial Artist
    [White Knight]
    *Will commit to cybersex for a minimum of 500,000 credits*
    Kaninabeh, Atrox, Level 26
    *Adventurers are fun *
    Angcrat, Level 7 Beureaucrat
    Angbash, Level 16 Enforcer
    Angtao, level 2 Agent
    *All omni* *meow*
    -=Making Newbies /terminate since April 2002=-

All wounds will heal, but the scars shall never fade. - Angdao

Originally posted by Angdao
    Tool that translates into "You ain't getting ****! We're gonna keep your money and spend it on nothing!"
    somehow I have this feeling that you are telling the truth and funcom told me they plan on doing the character transfers to keep me wanting to play Ao, lol. Its sad, but funcom has bull****ted alot.

vista1, one thing ive also found on RK 2, that unlike RK 1, the few people that do roleplay on RK 2 don't put aside political differences when partying. So its impossible on RK 2 to make a party for both sides.

The problem with duplicate names on the two servers was thought about before RK2 went live. FunCom tooks steps to make sure that no one on RK2 could have a name that was already taken on RK1. What they forgot, was to alter RK1 so that you could not have a name that was in use on RK2.

Pretty sad really.

I've recently noted that the 3rd dimension now has names that are already on the other two. This might not be a problem as there's no plan to merge the german speaking dimension with the english speaking ones.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Originally posted by Angdao
    We're gonna keep your money and spend it on nothing!"
    They have to pay server upkeep costs, isp costs, and most importantly developer, GM, and public relations costs. Thats where your $13 a month goes. Those people ain't gonna do it for free.
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz