Thread: who can tell me engineer how pvp ?

Question who can tell me engineer how pvp ?

who can tell me engineer how pvp ?

Die...........

Nargothronds
    Level 125 Enforcer
    Advisor Of Deus Ex Machina
    Rubi-Ka 2

Re: who can tell me engineer how pvp ?

Originally posted by thomashkt
    umm, pay someone 650k to allow you to kill them!
    No pun here.

Well, what I do is first I debuff the engineer so his pet becomes useless. Then, one of my friends roots him. Usually goes down in a few hits.

Re: Re: who can tell me engineer how pvp ?

Originally posted by jakespeed

umm, pay someone 650k to allow you to kill them!
    No pun here.

It was only once and it was cause I was board. I doubt I got any PvP points from him anyway, if the pvp formula is correct. (untitled grey, I was high freshmen.)
    ~Chris

PS: This is coming from a guy who ganks me (jakespeed)

2 pvp experiences

1. flying out IN SFH pet attacked, unequiped yalm (felt like a good day to die), it was another engineer attacking my slayer with a warbot. So i asked him what he was doing (as he stood ther clutching his pillow and cushion and me with my shootie), the reply was 'err um don't know'..... 'thought you were going to attack me'. so commanded pet follow and flew away.

2. day of my yalm bug. Was heading for DAV, so equip yalm, grid to 2ho (risk the root and trash the yalm), zoned into 2HO an i was on foot (no bot no buffs) so i ran for the sea (at least the sharks are grey) 3 2k+ hits later hello recliam! Ask the lvl 200 MA arabic i think (most peeps whinge and whine at this point) if i was rooted or something and if it was it a bow he killed me with, the answer was no and yes (i now think bows are cool hihihi).

moral of this story is engineers do one thing in pvp and that die unless agianst an fortunate green or another engineer (i have seen an apprentaice engineer once ..omni.. wonder how that happened i forgot to ask).

end

Post hmm

I think you need to set up your implants in another way.
    Dont concentrate on MC\TS clusters. Make shottie\nova\whatever implants instead, and use your bot as a bonus against non rooting classes.

It might just work!
    Give it a try.
    Good luck

Re: hmm

Originally posted by Cap!
    Dont concentrate on MC\TS clusters. Make shottie\nova\whatever implants instead, and use your bot as a bonus against non rooting classes.

It might just work!
    Give it a try.
    Good luck

it doznt work . at least till u are about lvl 150...and there are VERY few engies to get that far (most are masochistic i guess).
    Last edited by Beautyfarm; Jun 11th, 2002 at 14:10:48.

Re: hmm

Originally posted by Cap!

It might just work!
    Give it a try.
    Good luck
    Doesn't work. Only one or two conflicting clusters anyway.
    ~Chris

Re: 2 pvp experiences

Originally posted by brioni

moral of this story is engineers do one thing in pvp and that die unless agianst an fortunate green or another engineer (i have seen an apprentaice engineer once ..omni.. wonder how that happened i forgot to ask).

end

Not from firsthand expierence, I don't play on RK1 much, but he ganked. A lot. Named his pet after himself, set it to attack, then in the confusion tried to kill the person. He only ganked in Tir Arena (from what I heard) or MMD so he could run away.
    ~Chris

Re: who can tell me engineer how pvp ?

Originally posted by thomashkt
    You could PAY for a pvp victory. Seems to be the way Engineers do it today.

Re: Re: who can tell me engineer how pvp ?

Originally posted by Thoriak

You could PAY for a pvp victory. Seems to be the way Engineers do it today.

Once again I only did it once and I didn't get pvp points from it anyway.
    ~Chris

Re: Re: 2 pvp experiences

Originally posted by Megabio

Not from firsthand expierence, I don't play on RK1 much, but he ganked. A lot. Named his pet after himself, set it to attack, then in the confusion tried to kill the person. He only ganked in Tir Arena (from what I heard) or MMD so he could run away.
    ~Chris
    Maybe he was talking about someone else, but when I hear an omni apprentice engineer, I think of Slopo. Which is a she, not a he, and named her Bot "Idiot Savant", not typed exactly like that, but I dont remember how she typed it.
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Pure Mantra - I'm a runner, and damn proud of it.

"IdiotSavant" yes in one word with colours when they allowed that :P

bah

at low lvls pvp can be very fun for an engie.
    alot of times the bot resists the roots of the person your fighting and if your shooting at him/her as well he starts to worry more about you than the bot .
    using the bot after you have already been attacked helps somewhat you just got to take a few hits and be quick to send the bot in
    be sneaky leave the bot somewere not to far and look for a fight
    dont try to be fair about anything in MMD or 2HO get in killem get the fook out (learnt that on the first day in MMD)
    as to weapon something with range lovemaker worked for me so that even when rooted you can still hit them even if it is just a little just try to stay near the bot
    even if it means running round the thing while been chased by an irate MA of enf

also save in MMD so that if you die you wont lose the bot in most cases
    i have fun pvping my engie shes rookie but would lose the title in a heartbeat now
    so wont be pvping her till at least 150 when i have more ip to spend on some bizzare weapon
    btw YOUR going to die just keep at it once in a whiel you will get a killand you have to admit its funny watching your bot chase a rookie enf as he runs to the zone screaming HELPPPP

Defense

I would like to see an engineer test this theory defense is best offense... Image all ac implants, RRFE, Aegis, 2 title 5 or 6 reflect and dual rings... I'm thinken that ac would be somewhere around 6-7k ? Add HP buffs.... abandon trying to outdamage a soldier, wont happen, but if you outlast an MK you and that slayer are scary.