Thread: The NEED for a /duel cmd or "private" arenas.

The NEED for a /duel cmd or "private" arenas.

Earlier this evening on RK2 a ma called Galaha went into Tir arena to have a friendly fight with an engineer around his level (I dont remember his name). The fight was going on and were getting exiting with quite a lot of clan people standing in and outside of the arena watching. Then an Omni fixer called Uberfix decided to ruin the fair fight by jumping and killing Galaha that were already busy outhealing a slayer. WHY do we have to live with such gankers that has no honor? One thing is attacking people that pass through 25% zones... thats a war going on, one thing is to attack people that sit in the arena using it as their personal appartment.. thats for them being stupid, but interfering in a fair and friendly duel is just not acceptabel. Can it really be true that if I wish to go duel a friend, we should briefly step into the arena and go in attack mode, and thereafter run somewhere else so that we can have a fight with no gankers jumping us? With the moral of some of this games players I think it is in time that we get some tools to avoid being victims of people that cannot respect other persons.

One solution would be to implement a /duel command as it has already been suggested by many people. However I know that thats not something you just implement on ten minuttes. Instead I would suggest that you use a mechanism already in the game, which I bet would be quite easy to moderate for this use. In certain places (like outside the existing arenas) put up some mission-both looking machines where one person can go and grab what can be compared to a single-mission key. The key however gives access to a "pvp-mission", which can be designed in serveral ways, but imo could just be one large room that is 100% suppresion, and then a square on size of the arena in the middle, which is 0%. The holder of the key can then duplicate it and give it to whoever he want to bring as opponents or spectators. The only thing in that suggestion that I could see would be a problem with your current systems is making a "pvp-mission" both 100% and 0%, but in that case an entire 0% large arena-alike room would be great as well, since you wouldnt bring the kind of people that would gank you anyway.

So how hard can it be to create "pvp-mission" boths that always give out a key to a pvproom-entrance just by the arena, in which you have one large room that is 0%. I bet it wouldnt take a long time to develop that, and it would mean sooo much for having fun pvp duels. I have a hard time remembering when I have visited the arena without either being jumping mid-fight myself or seing someone else being ganked or in other way victim for honorless people. Please consider this.
    Last edited by Gnubi; May 31st, 2002 at 07:39:27.

They should put an arena inside each of the new guildhouses they announced a couple of months ago (though that will probably be after Shadowlands now).

Scorus

LOL her name...HIS name was Ethernal, the infamous Megabio/Chris. Not female, though I do have a few screenies of him in a wedding dress (which I don't know how to post here).
    Yagyu for life

I was there. Talk about pathetic.

I hope title huggers and arena gankers die.(in-game of course )
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Talking

Originally posted by Kaiousama
    LOL her name...HIS name was Ethernal, the infamous Megabio/Chris. Not female, though I do have a few screenies of him in a wedding dress (which I don't know how to post here).
    Minor slip =) I hope you didnt misssed the point of my post over that.

shamless self bump*

Exclamation good sugestion, that once agian gets funcomed :|

Well, i can only agree with u, and i think it's a shame to see good sugenstions go by unnoticed...

The way i see it the arena should ONly be for duals, and the /dual command should be in game form the very beginning, as well as team duals, team mission (which are there now, eventhough they are a bit pathetic) big clan vs. omni raids on outpost (like RvR in DAoC), more viable weapons, they should also have seen the twinking problem way back in the desing phase, clanhousing, and 1000 other fetures that makes a game unique, and which have all been posted on these boards, and the boards of the other mmorpg's (or THE mmorpg if u want)

Anarchy in it's present form is not somethink special, it's just a standard mmorpg, which will be out of buisness when the the next generation mmorpg's comes (WoW, SWC, EQ2, AC2)

The big problem for AO i think, is that funcom was (is?) a small company, and AO was there first "big" thing, so development time was cut short, as well a the game was realesed a bit before it was ready, (financial issues?)

Well, to make a long diskussion short, i'd call AO the game that never went out of BETA.

Talking Cool....

That would be awesome to have just deul arena or command. Make it so you get more points for a solo kill and less points for a grp v grp kill, kinda like xp with mobs.

yes.

But like i posted before .If accepted all buffs are removed from your NCU . Your given a 1 minute time limmit to buff up. Also command can be used anywhere.

Yes, very good idea, that way it is truely mano a mano. But you know people would say "That is cheap....taking away other people's buffs is taking away from the rp of the game"

LOL

Oh well arena is supposed to be a fair fight .
    Not a battle of whomever has the most ncu wins.

One more point .. i don't see role players using outside buffs to roll play. Outside buffs are used to gain an advantage in PVP and PVM.

-=whistles=- Hrm.. my Soldier fights self buffed.. yet I get accused of outside buffing and being tweaked(I've swapped guns to prove otherwise to people..and I've terminated and sat in front of them til I could rebuff..wtf)

-shrug- Deal with it..

Arenas have always been Gank based.

If you arent a ganker now, you will be.

You get ganked enough, you start ganking gankers.. then people think you're one..so they start ganking you...

It's a downward spiral.
    ................................................"Takhai"
    ............................................Solitus Doctor
    .................................................+Clan+
    ........................."I am he that buries his friends alive and
    ............drowns them and draws them alive again from the water."

http://www.alienaa.com/ - When you sign up put 73583 as the ID of the person who recommended it to you(So I get credit) - It's fun I'm learnin it now but so far it's pretty nifty - You get your own Alien Train him, gamble, etc.. and then end up fighting people and stuff

well

That is why this thead is here. You cant gank or get yelled at about being selfbuffed with this idea of the duel command.

Bump

BUMP POWER!!
    Maybe if we hit it enuff jake we can make funco take a look. hehe....well.....maybe....

Great Idea! This will not only prevent the gankers but it will also stop cheating with outside heals. There should also be a command for made for team vs team fights. Only players or teams challenged should be allowed to duel.

Here are 2 ideas that were suggested a while ago that still have gotten no real attention. Both have promise but have not even been discussed by a Dev as something "doable".

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=24259

Enjoy.

I love the idea of a mission booth thing for private duels, but another nice addition would be a seperate area inside that has those magical invisible walls from tir. with 100% suppresion so that people can watch. When you get your key, you get one for the 0% side, and one for the 100% side. this way you can invite people to watch.

Would make it pretty fun if you ask me.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

Gank me baby

Private mission booth of duels? Ummm...yeah...good luck getting that to happen.

The /duel command (/teamduel in the case of team PvP) would work just fine as long as it lets us do our business ANYWHERE!

Outside buffs? Hehehe.../duel -u or /teamduel -u. The -u would have the side effect of clearing all NCUs of all parties involved.

Outside interference? /duel & /teamduel should prevent parties not directly involved in the duel from doing anything, be it attacking, using a first aid stim, etc....

And when can us NTs have full nuke dmg / rng back? When?

Xyavi, 51 nanomage NT

I really like this idea.

I would say that there be a 2 min delay to buff though

Bump for some more reading